• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources believe Deshaun Watson may have played last snap with Houston Texans

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest, you're probably spot on but I was expecting something a bit more nuanced, more detailed if you will, coming from you. I've come to appreciate the manner in which you outline your thoughts and offer commentary. As stated the K.I.S.S. principle is best suited here and the price tag is not in their best interest.

Not at all. Sometimes the simple answer is enough.

I don’t have any details, and I don’t think Houston will let him go anyways.

The outline in this case is equally boring.

The idiots are no longer in charge in Houston. They have a new coach and a new GM. DW is a top tier QB and those are extremely hard to find. So unless you are offering about twelve picks and players, like the Ricky or Herschel trade, then you are not getting DW. I don’t believe Ditka is doing football any more, and only O’Brien and Mullen could compete with that insanity.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The idiots are no longer in charge in Houston. They have a new coach and a new GM. DW is a top tier QB and those are extremely hard to find. So unless you are offering about twelve picks and players, like the Ricky or Herschel trade, then you are not getting DW. I don’t believe Ditka is doing football any more, and only O’Brien and Mullen could compete with that insanity.
It got worse for them yesterday...

1613134367497.pngAdam Schefter Believes Houston Texans’ President Jamey Roots Resignation Reflects State of the Franchise Jamey Roots, president of the Houston Texans, delivered his resignation to the franchise. Adam Schefter says its indicative of their state.. Adam Schefter Believes Houston Texans' President Jamey Roots Resignation Reflects State of the Franchise - EssentiallySports essentiallysports.com · 19h

Funny thing is he is a Clemson guy and if he wasn't looking out for their QB and future, then I now believe that Watson will sit if not traded.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It got worse for them yesterday...

View attachment 265071Adam Schefter Believes Houston Texans’ President Jamey Roots Resignation Reflects State of the Franchise Jamey Roots, president of the Houston Texans, delivered his resignation to the franchise. Adam Schefter says its indicative of their state.. Adam Schefter Believes Houston Texans' President Jamey Roots Resignation Reflects State of the Franchise - EssentiallySports essentiallysports.com · 19h

Funny thing is he is a Clemson guy and if he wasn't looking out for their QB and future, then I now believe that Watson will sit if not traded.
That’s a ton of money to sit out on. Don’t see that happening, either.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a ton of money to sit out on. Don’t see that happening, either.
It is a lot of money but I can tell you from experience that money is nice but it isn't much of a motivator when you already have it. This is his status as of 2020.

Deshaun Watson’s net worth is valued at $24 million as of 2020. Compared to the fortune of most players who had shown great promise at this point in their careers, such as Tom Brady, Watson’s net worth ranks relatively low. This is not surprising as Deshaun Watson is currently in the last days of his rookie contract.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans just cut J.J. Watt.......wow

Asked for his release.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I’m Texans, I’d take jags 1 in 21, 1 in 22, 2 in 21 and send them Watson and start over. Of course I’d try to get even more, but I’d settle for that. Especially if Watson doesn’t want to be there

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a lot of money but I can tell you from experience that money is nice but it isn't much of a motivator when you already have it. This is his status as of 2020.

Deshaun Watson’s net worth is valued at $24 million as of 2020. Compared to the fortune of most players who had shown great promise at this point in their careers, such as Tom Brady, Watson’s net worth ranks relatively low. This is not surprising as Deshaun Watson is currently in the last days of his rookie contract.

He may be worth 24 million; however, the Texans can try to recoup up to 21 million of it...if he retires. I don’t know what they can go after if he sits.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I’m Texans, I’d take jags 1 in 21, 1 in 22, 2 in 21 and send them Watson and start over. Of course I’d try to get even more, but I’d settle for that. Especially if Watson doesn’t want to be there
Do you think that the Jags are going to trade away Trevor Lawrence despite the surgery?

Ex-Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence to have surgery before NFL ...

1 day ago · CLEMSON, S.C. — Former Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence will have surgery on his left, non-throwing shoulder before the NFL draft. Lawrence’s representative, Kyle Strongin of MGC Sports ...

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think that the Jags are going to trade away Trevor Lawrence despite the surgery?

Ex-Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence to have surgery before NFL ...

1 day ago · CLEMSON, S.C. — Former Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence will have surgery on his left, non-throwing shoulder before the NFL draft. Lawrence’s representative, Kyle Strongin of MGC Sports ...
Probably not

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They
He may be worth 24 million; however, the Texans can try to recoup up to 21 million of it...if he retires. I don’t know what they can go after if he sits.
They can't go after any of it if he sits, this is his current net worth, not money that can be recouped. BTW: he's not going to retire.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but he can be fined.
Yep, you're right but that money comes out of this year's salary which happens to be money that he seems willing to forfeit. No big whoop!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

they also have a new team president

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston cleared space for Chase by releasing Watt. :D

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard for us to beat that offer

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard for us to beat that offer
That offer doesn't beat the one that I've proposed.

I think that what's happening here is an over-valuation of #1 picks. There are and will be offers that trump those that are made primarilly with picks alone. Christian McCaffrey is a nice piece but he's still a RB which is an even easier position to fill than DT.