• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soooo.....Michigan State

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is horrible and should not be tolerated. But it has nothing to do with the Nassar case. There absolutely should be repercussions from that. I do suspect that at this happens at some level at most schools but there needs to be an example made that this sort of behavior will not be tolerated and there is no better time and program to do it to than Michigan State right now.

Dantonio resignation incoming.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the hair cut
2005PhilSpectorPA170512-413x620.jpg

Shut up. Gtfo

4 real?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I would be very surprised if it reach that point.

Already rumblings. If Dantonio really did have a kid talk to his mom about him assaulting a woman, he is done. He will get pushed out of he doesn't just walk away.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to local sport radio and sounds like ESPN is about to drop the hammer on the football and basketball program as well

View attachment 173323
If this is going to be truly examined during the 6 pm SportsCenter I hope they don't trash it up with their usual SC on the 6 treatment. Aka Jamele Hill and Michael Smith. That shit sucks

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already rumblings. If Dantonio really did have a kid talk to his mom about him assaulting a woman, he is done. He will get pushed out of he doesn't just walk away.
I am not disagreeing with your reasoning. I am just saying it would be a surprise of that actually happens

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not disagreeing with your reasoning. I am just saying it would be a surprise of that actually happens

This whole thing is a surprise. All of a sudden Harbaugh having sleep overs with scouts doesn't seem so bad.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing is a surprise. All of a sudden Harbaugh having sleep overs with scouts doesn't seem so bad.
I will never be accused of being an MSU homer, but after the Penn St scandal I don't take shots at any school that has this going on.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't wish this on any school. I take no delight in MSU problems just outrage over a schools administrations tone def approach to the plight of all those girls.

Nothing happens in a vacuum for long. I truly believe that administration at MSU knew at some point Nassar was a *********. Maybe not the degree but it occurred over to long a period.

The same way we all believed Paterno and others at PSU knew what Sandusky was doing Hollis and Simon had to have had a warning about Nassar.

After the PSU and Baylor how could any administration not have a plan or discussion on what was going on at their schools and how to deal with like situation? And if they didn't then they are just as culpable for not.

MSU will get spanked on these investigations IMO. More heads will roll and sanctions directed at the athletic programs will happen. In the mean time will someone get that asshat Trustee Ferguson to resign over his grossly stupid and callous comments.
There were signs, there have been complaints for years. This could have been stopped long ago and it should have been stopped. Hollis and Simon stepped down, they should be prosecuted for their parts in enabling this. There needs to be many more people to step down and be charged for their roles.

Dear god, I hope whoever runs against Ferguson brings up all of his statements for the last 30 years to get him voted out next election.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the PSU and Baylor how could any administration not have a plan or discussion on what was going on at their schools and how to deal with like situation? And if they didn't then they are just as culpable for not.
Looks like from the MSU timeline that a lot of this was happening at the same time as the Baylor crap.

Baylor didn't learn/step up to the plate and do the right things at the right times and they saw the experience of how not to do it from PSU. And MSU didn't step up to plate after watching both Baylor's and PSU's lack of correct and timely actions. And, several other schools probably won't step up to the plate and do the right things after watching all three of these. I'd bet several are burying their heads in the sand trying to figure out how to get out of their situation instead of facing it head on.

Who's next?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were signs, there have been complaints for years. This could have been stopped long ago and it should have been stopped. Hollis and Simon stepped down, they should be prosecuted for their parts in enabling this. There needs to be many more people to step down and be charged for their roles.

Dear god, I hope whoever runs against Ferguson brings up all of his statements for the last 30 years to get him voted out next election.

I can't grasp how they handled this after seeing what happened at PSU. It just boggles my mind. You think they would have taken those complaints seriously. I have heard complaints started to surface as far back as 1998.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't grasp how they handled this after seeing what happened at PSU. It just boggles my mind. You think they would have taken those complaints seriously. I have heard complaints started to surface as far back as 1998.
The only thing I can think of is they were so deep into it they were hoping everything would just go away and he would retire or something. There are so many things that they couldn’t handle any worse.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like from the MSU timeline that a lot of this was happening at the same time as the Baylor crap.

Baylor didn't learn/step up to the plate and do the right things at the right times and they saw the experience of how not to do it from PSU. And MSU didn't step up to plate after watching both Baylor's and PSU's lack of correct and timely actions. And, several other schools probably won't step up to the plate and do the right things after watching all three of these. I'd bet several are burying their heads in the sand trying to figure out how to get out of their situation instead of facing it head on.

Who's next?

The thing is University presidents are political animals most having spent time in government like Ken Starr at Baylor. Yet they fall victim to blindfold ignorance. When you would think they would try to get ahead of a scandal and at the same time distance themselves.

The NCAA is about to give MSU an enema. And that will be as equally painful as the civil case that will follow. The whole administration needs to go.

I feel like I need to add a footnote as a Michigan fan that I hope the revenue sports don't get caught up in the sanctions I am sure the NCAA will bring down. I believe this is a MSU administration problem that touches the gymnastics program.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the President, AD have resigned. Any Trustees? I haven't seen anything as of yet

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I can think of is they were so deep into it they were hoping everything would just go away and he would retire or something. There are so many things that they couldn’t handle any worse.

They are not the only one. USA Gymnastics should be raked over the coals as well as it had to have been reported to them as well.

Yet they kept using Nassar.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it is better to be trashed publicly than it is to admit a biblical level of fuckery that will increase the payouts in lawsuits. Guess what, that isn’t going to matter. The check that Michigan State is going to write for this is going to dwarf Penn State and it absolutely should.

Yeah, in another thread, after reading the OTL piece, I posted the following.

Michigan State (to Penn State): Hold my beer.