• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have a one in three chance to go all the way, but there are 2 easy moves I would want to have back if I were Jerry
#1, keep Amari Cooper at the affordable price they had him at. How many balls did the Texans get their hands on yesterday? Cooper was a guy who could create separation. They are desperate for OBJ because he can create separation. Right now, our other receivers struggle to separate and the pass protection isn't great. Dak is excellent when he has a clear window but struggles to throw guys open.
#2, sign Ndamakong Suh. I can't stand the Eagles, but they saw they had trouble stopping the run and they did what they had to do. He has played great and totally changed their run D
Totally disagree with #1. Our guys have been open And Cooper wasn’t the type to catch balls in traffic and he was very far from affordable for a what he gave us

totally agree with #2. We all knew we needed a DT and we all knew it for years. I liked the Hankins trade and I like the young guys we have drafted, but we need more. this team should have added better talent at DT every year for the last several. This team should have seen what anyone who watched saw that Trysten Hill is not an NFL caliber player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great no, but much better than mediocre as some have suggested.
This year? I don’t think he has been good at all. The balls thrown into traffic and the bad decisions have been way, way too often And have hurt the team. Great clutch drive yesterday but he was bad Overall. How many third downs in a row can you throw the ball 5 yards short of the markers? if you hear him talk he realizes he needs to be better. Hopefully he starts this week. I’ve been waiting for him to bust out of his funk. Jacksonville would be a great time

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys just signed TY Hilton. Not OBJ but not bad at all
Was always a huge fan, but I don’t think he has been good for a while. Nice late season add though. He was a guy I would have liked to have signed even in the Summer so I’m very happy to see what he can do. Does this mean the Washington experiment is over already?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year? I don’t think he has been good at all. The balls thrown into traffic and the bad decisions have been way, way too often And have hurt the team. Great clutch drive yesterday but he was bad Overall. How many third downs in a row can you throw the ball 5 yards short of the markers? if you hear him talk he realizes he needs to be better. Hopefully he starts this week. I’ve been waiting for him to bust out of his funk. Jacksonville would be a great time
Again, not great, but not mediocre either. When he was out the team was near bottom in offense, since his return they are near the top.

His unforced errors are a concern, but the offenes is much better with Dak under C.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, not great, but not mediocre either. When he was out the team was near bottom in offense, since his return they are near the top.

His unforced errors are a concern, but the offenes is much better with Dak under C.
Yes he is better than Cooper Rush, no doubt.
I’m a Dak fan, but he has not been good this year. When you want to be a run offense and play good D, the most important thing is to not turn the ball over.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gentlemen, the question was:
Do you think Dak is playing well?

the term great hadn't come up.

There is no question Prescott is taking more chances than he has before in any previous season, said so himself two weeks ago.
Why? I'm not sure, but that needs to be discussed going forward. I see a change in Dak's game since his leg injury, and it's not all that positive. He's taking chances in tight windows when the situation doesn't require it, and he seems dead set against pulling the ball down and taking the 8 to 10 yards. I admit, I would argue with anyone who said he's not top 10. Currently, it's a hard argument to make for top 15.

There have been some pretty darn good throws since he's been back, and we know he will put in the work.
He needs to.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gentlemen, the question was:
Do you think Dak is playing well?

the term great hadn't come up.

There is no question Prescott is taking more chances than he has before in any previous season, said so himself two weeks ago.
Why? I'm not sure, but that needs to be discussed going forward. I see a change in Dak's game since his leg injury, and it's not all that positive. He's taking chances in tight windows when the situation doesn't require it, and he seems dead set against pulling the ball down and taking the 8 to 10 yards. I admit, I would argue with anyone who said he's not top 10. Currently, it's a hard argument to make for top 15.

There have been some pretty darn good throws since he's been back, and we know he will put in the work.
He needs to.
But he was also called mdeiocre. I'd say he's easliy above mediocre, but in no way has he been great.
Seems to many either want greatness or nothing. I truly wish this team could field 53 great players, but that just isn't feasible.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always tended to favor our QBs. My goggles come on. In his post game yesterday , he said the word aggressive. He said he was going to continue to be aggressive. Im not sure what he means by that , because that is exactly when i think he gets in trouble. I prefer him keeping it short and letting our WRs and backs run and get the YAC. Now yesterday we had a 3rd and 13. He didnt even scan the field- he immediately threw about a 7 yard pass and the WR was immediately tackled. He has thrown a few more picks lately. The second one yesterday was hard to blame on him, although it is a turnover. We know what Dak is. I would take him in the top 7-10. Is he playing that way- probably not at this moment. When it counted the most though , he was nails yesterday.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue Cowboys fans are no worse about that than anyone else. The Vikings are 10-3 and their fans think Cousins is trash. Jimmy G was a play away from a ring and the SF fans have been trying to get rid of him for years. Russell Wilson has been booed off the field in Seattle and Denver. I think it's a pretty common theme. Once you are getting $40 million and the club has to start letting other valuable pieces walk away, you have to carry a heavier load or the base will turn on you. The guys that don't hear it as much are the players who are really elite like Mahomes, Allen and Burrow
What about AR??? Has not done squat in a long time in the playoffs. Dallas fans would have called for his head years ago. Why put the number at 40 million? I know, because that is the number that Dak got. The salary for QB changes yearly. 40 million is not even the going rate now. This argument is getting old. Just win regardless of salary. Never worry about other people's money. Allen and Burrow are poor examples. They have not been in the league as long as Dak and Jimmy G has never been considered a top 10 QB.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about AR??? Has not done squat in a long time in the playoffs. Dallas fans would have called for his head years ago. Why put the number at 40 million? I know, because that is the number that Dak got. The salary for QB changes yearly. 40 million is not even the going rate now. This argument is getting old. Just win regardless of salary. Never worry about other people's money. Allen and Burrow are poor examples. They have not been in the league as long as Dak and Jimmy G has never been considered a top 10 QB.
Not true. You do have a choice. Keep the roster we have, trade him for 2 #1's and clear #40 million in cap space. Could the QB you draft in the first round(with 4 #1's over a 2 year period, you could easily move into the top 10), that could put up the same production at $35 million less per year vs the cap? If the QB in question is Mahomes or Allen, Hell no. But Dak? Not saying 100% but it's a pretty interesting argument.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. You do have a choice. Keep the roster we have, trade him for 2 #1's and clear #40 million in cap space. Could the QB you draft in the first round(with 4 #1's over a 2 year period, you could easily move into the top 10), that could put up the same production at $35 million less per year vs the cap? If the QB in question is Mahomes or Allen, Hell no. But Dak? Not saying 100% but it's a pretty interesting argument.
I see your point, but QB draft is a crap shoot. You still are stuck worring about 40 mill. We would be looking to be rebuilding again. Look at a lot of teams that have been looking for a franchise QB for decades. I would stay with a proven good QB any day of the week, unless we were gaureenteed to draft the next Peyto or PM. Also, who is going to give us 2 number ones?? Your asking for a ton of things to go right.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point, but QB draft is a crap shoot. You still are stuck worring about 40 mill. We would be looking to be rebuilding again. Look at a lot of teams that have been looking for a franchise QB for decades. I would stay with a proven good QB any day of the week, unless we were gaureenteed to draft the next Peyto or PM. Also, who is going to give us 2 number ones?? Your asking for a ton of things to go right.
I really like Dak, always have. Amazing leader and hard worker. My thing is this..In Dallas, it's Super Bowl or Bust, and we have been busy for over 25 years. I think his best SB window was before he went from 1 million per to 40 million per. The club has done an amazing job of drafting cheap young talent, but those bills are going to come due soon too. Cee Dee is going to want $20 million per. Pollard $15 million. Diggs is gonna want $20 million per. Micah is gonna want $25-30. Steele is gonna want $15. I bring this up because we will have the same decision on Dak in a couple of years when he wants a new deal.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball is turnstile and need to be put on practice squad
local radio scout said Ball had good moments, but two real bad plays in front of God and everyone. Not Chaz Green just yet.

Let's see where this goes. This staff has done well with the oline. I don't think they want to run Peters out there for a full game load just yet.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
local radio scout said Ball had good moments, but two real bad plays in front of God and everyone. Not Chaz Green just yet.

Let's see where this goes. This staff has done well with the oline. I don't think they want to run Peters out there for a full game load just yet.
That's how I saw it. His bad was bad but he wasn't a complete failure.