• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did he sign his contract this past offseason?
18 sacks last year and one thus far this year seems to me he may have
Sad part is the Bears are going to pay nearly all of his salary for this season AND next season. The Bears just wanted to clear space and pick up a pick. Man I think we were sleep at the wheel on this one. Quinn is a former Cowboy, out 4th rounder would project higher than the Eagles....

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
somebody mentioned OBJ

I say, GOD, PLEASE NO
It’s risky coming off two ACL tears so I get it. But dude wasn’t a problem in LA last year and coming into a team with a legit shot at a super bowl I thinks it’s worth taking a look at if the price is right.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part is the Bears are going to pay nearly all of his salary for this season AND next season. The Bears just wanted to clear space and pick up a pick. Man I think we were sleep at the wheel on this one. Quinn is a former Cowboy, out 4th rounder would project higher than the Eagles....
IMO We don't need a DE who can't stop the run. As it is we seem to have more guys than snaps and I want Sam Williams to keep getting more snaps as we get deeper into the season. Plus the jury is still out on his pass rush ability at this point. I do think it's a good move for Philly, but he is not a guy I would have given up a pick for with our current roster. I'm much happier with targeting DT.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad part is the Bears are going to pay nearly all of his salary for this season AND next season.
That part doesn't seem clear at this point

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when Dallas trades for a reciever it implodes.

I do like the trade for Hankins . He does not look as washed up as Poe was . Hankins on early downs. Even putting Bohanna and Hankins on the field at the same time and see what happens. If the Cowboys can stifle the run the QBs are going to take a beating.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when Dallas trades for a reciever it implodes.

I do like the trade for Hankins . He does not look as washed up as Poe was . Hankins on early downs. Even putting Bohanna and Hankins on the field at the same time and see what happens. If the Cowboys can stifle the run the QBs are going to take a beating.
Big difference to the two trades I'm sure you are referring to. I don't see us giving up anywhere near that in draft capital even for a guy like Moore . Plus, while Moore would be getting around $15M per the next two years, almost none of it is guaranteed so he would be easy to move on from via trade or cut.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me but that's cool
LOL

Only so many snaps from the edge.
If the Cowboys did not have Armstrong,Williams and Fowler I would not have minded Quinn . But Williams looks like a serious break out candidate . The Lions have a good line and Williams made them look bad. I like that Williams got somewhat of a nasty side to him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Parsons ran 20.5 Mph at practice this week. Parsons mentioned he is in a competition with Damone Clark and Clark is ahead of him. Now I remember reading a scouting report that it takes Clark a bit to get to top speed but once he does he is very fast . Yes please. He needs some snaps against the bears. He can give LVE a little rest.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That part doesn't seem clear at this point

I think the trade was good for both sides.
From all I have read. Does sound like Quinn was not gonna be a bear next season regardless. So basically they bought a 4th round pick for 7.1 million. Instead of paying Quinn this year anyways & getting nothing in return.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s risky coming off two ACL tears so I get it. But dude wasn’t a problem in LA last year and coming into a team with a legit shot at a super bowl I thinks it’s worth taking a look at if the price is right.
He said he did not want to play for us. F off OBJ.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ok. I would not have a problem with him playing for Dallas though . He certainly is not as bad as AB. I remember years ago he had several altercations with Josh Norman, but Norman was a dink so all that did not bother me. If I remember correctly Dez and Norman also had a few incidents

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with that.
Only time I might be ok with "me" players on the team is if they are some generational player. Not a good player.
We are doing fine building our own WRs. Hell other teams are taking our WRs. This isnt a position we need to throw extra cash at to fix our team.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with that.
Only time I might be ok with "me" players on the team is if they are some generational player. Not a good player.
We are doing fine building our own WRs. Hell other teams are taking our WRs. This isnt a position we need to throw extra cash at to fix our team.
I disagree. If DJ Moore is there for good price, you get him. Our recieving Corp is not all that.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. If DJ Moore is there for good price, you get him. Our recieving Corp is not all that.
I'm all for a good price & DJ doesnt come off to me as a "me" player
Also I would think if DJ came to the Cowboys it would be for the long term, not a short time rental.

OBJ would just be a short time guy that retards the learning curve of our young guys.

To me DJ & OBJ are apples & Oranges to the scenario on which why they would play here.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zeke now listed as doubtful. Ouch. Hate to hear this.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard earlier that they didnt plan on him playing this week. So curious why it is only doubtful.
Maybe it means he is doubtful unless it is absolutely necessary to win the game. Just a guess.