• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A point I keep reiterating to the BIL who insists otherwise. Biadasz is what he is and I still have concerns about what McGovern can be. But Tyson Smith is going to be a keeper and Steele has recovered from his Week 1 fiasco nicely. Important thing is as a unit they are putting together solid weeks of production in the run game
The Center and the LG are the issues. More so McGovern IMO. It is why I am hoping Peters takes over FT. I think Biadasz is serviceable. Not good, but not bad either. With both Peters and Martin next to him he could even approach NFL average which is not bad for your worst OL. Add in the fact that he has really had some tough assignments and he could be better than NFL average with those two vets next to him. Steele has obviously been very good as has Tyler Smith. I don't expect Tyron back this year

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A point I keep reiterating to the BIL who insists otherwise. Biadasz is what he is and I still have concerns about what McGovern can be. But Tyson Smith is going to be a keeper and Steele has recovered from his Week 1 fiasco nicely. Important thing is as a unit they are putting together solid weeks of production in the run game

They did a pretty good job of protecting Rush as well, with help from Zeke and the TEs. One thing Rush would do that i really liked - he threw the damn ball away for the most part. I think he got sacked 4 or 5 times in 5 games as a starter. Now some of that is play calling of course.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Center and the LG are the issues. More so McGovern IMO. It is why I am hoping Peters takes over FT. I think Biadasz is serviceable. Not good, but not bad either. With both Peters and Martin next to him he could even approach NFL average which is not bad for your worst OL. Add in the fact that he has really had some tough assignments and he could be better than NFL average with those two vets next to him. Steele has obviously been very good as has Tyler Smith. I don't expect Tyron back this year
Biadatz' deficiencies can be managed with Peters next to him. Completely agree with the assessment.

And - I'm more & more convinced that Tyron Smith's days are done here unless his contract is redone and that cap hit is changed going forward. No way he goes into next year counting $17.6M against the cap.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a pretty good job of protecting Rush as well, with help from Zeke and the TEs. One thing Rush would do that i really liked - he threw the damn ball away for the most part. I think he got sacked 4 or 5 times in 5 games as a starter. Now some of that is play calling of course.
Bottom line is... it can always be worse. Much worse...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is... it can always be worse. Much worse...

Geez. I actually felt bad for the guy watching that. I'm not a huge PFF guy but I look at the numbers a lot just to see how they rank guys.
Royce Newman - 59.8
Conner McGovern 37.8

Part of me thinks how horrible it is that McGovern is still on the field for us and how he can actually be way worse (and that score is WAY worse) than a guy who puts up tape like that and part of me remembers that I don't really trust PFF scores. I'll stick with the latter on this one for my sanity.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. I actually felt bad for the guy watching that. I'm not a huge PFF guy but I look at the numbers a lot just to see how they rank guys.
Royce Newman - 59.8
Conner McGovern 37.8

Part of me thinks how horrible it is that McGovern is still on the field for us and how he can actually be way worse (and that score is WAY worse) than a guy who puts up tape like that and part of me remembers that I don't really trust PFF scores. I'll stick with the latter on this one for my sanity.

Biadatz' deficiencies can be managed with Peters next to him. Completely agree with the assessment.

And - I'm more & more convinced that Tyron Smith's days are done here unless his contract is redone and that cap hit is changed going forward. No way he goes into next year counting $17.6M against the cap.
Cowboys have paid Tyron a lot of money to sit on IR for the past 6 seasons. I still hope he returns and The rookie goes to LG. McGovern just not good. Biadz showed a little improvement over last season,but McGovern looks like he should not be a starter in this league. Cowboys need to use more draft picks on OL it appears.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know...the local radio sports talk was all over Romo's best year (34/9 I think it was in 2014) and his only season with real league MVP consideration (they said 3rd) happened to be the same season Murray ran for 1800 something yards.

My point? Not JUST stick to running the ball, that doesn't define what to do. Balance dictated by the alignments is the call to action.
Prescott back playing magnifies it now more than ever in both the run game & pass game. The O line is developing nicely. Guys many were assured would be poor NFL starters, are holding up rather well. We have TWO very good, seasoned NFL backs that bring something when they're in.

Prescott will be the key; he normally is good at protecting the football. He doesn't seem like a guy whose ego wouldn't allow a reflection to his rookie season and what made that "O" so successful.

Compound this with what's developing on defense and the number of players buying in and contributing.

I LIKE IT SO FAR
For Dak to play at the level the Cowboys need him to play at, I think he needs to get back to playing like Dak. He has to be a running threat as well as throwing. It seems to me that the last couple of years he has tried to be more of a PManning/Brady type, calling plays at the line, etc. I think if he ran it more then Pollard and Zeke would suddenly start running for a higher YPC and the OLine would give up less sacks because defenses wouldn't pin their ears back. JMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce Newman - 59.8
Conner McGovern 37.8

Peters at LT and Smith at LG would be out best OL IMO

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis likely out for the year. Time for Joseph and Bland to step up

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Dak to play at the level the Cowboys need him to play at, I think he needs to get back to playing like Dak. He has to be a running threat as well as throwing. It seems to me that the last couple of years he has tried to be more of a PManning/Brady type, calling plays at the line, etc. I think if he ran it more then Pollard and Zeke would suddenly start running for a higher YPC and the OLine would give up less sacks because defenses wouldn't pin their ears back. JMO
He has only played 2 games since last year and is coming back off 5 weeks out. He will play better. I give him a pass today.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis likely out for the year. Time for Joseph and Bland to step up
Damn. Forgot to check what the prognosis was and just seeing now for the first time.. That sucks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has only played 2 games since last year and is coming back off 5 weeks out. He will play better. I give him a pass today.
He wasn’t good today. The poor throws didn’t bother me For the reasons you mentioned. I would expect any QB to take some time to get going as he’s just getting back to throwing normally. The poor decisions were not good though. He was just wildly chucking it downfield a few times into traffic and this in a close game and at times even when behind. What worries me is his reading of defenses, inability to throw the ball away to avoid a sack and decision making seems worse than in the past whereas normally with a veteran it is expected to get better. But I think he’ll be better after the bye.

I’m glad he’s back but i Do think we need to keep things somewhat simpler for him than with other franchise QBs if our offense is going to start putting up big numbers again and I do think we can.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Forgot to check what the prognosis was and just seeing now for the first time.. That sucks.

Sounds like the same thing Dez had one year. He could be back. I think he is having surgery tonight.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn’t good today. The poor throws didn’t bother me For the reasons you mentioned. I would expect any QB to take some time to get going as he’s just getting back to throwing normally. The poor decisions were not good though. He was just wildly chucking it downfield a few times into traffic and this in a close game and at times even when behind. What worries me is his reading of defenses, inability to throw the ball away to avoid a sack and decision making seems worse than in the past whereas normally with a veteran it is expected to get better. But I think he’ll be better after the bye.

I’m glad he’s back but i Do think we need to keep things somewhat simpler for him than with other franchise QBs if our offense is going to start putting up big numbers again and I do think we can.

Thought he was solid. He was 19-25. He did get lucky a couple of times with some of his throws. I thought the WRs made some great contested catches today. I wanted to see Pollard score that last TD , but for a mind thing maybe it was good to get him a TD pass. I did think he took a horrible sack that likely cost us 3 points. He had Pollard wide open. Glad to have him back.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought he was solid. He was 19-25. He did get lucky a couple of times with some of his throws. I thought the WRs made some great contested catches today. I wanted to see Pollard score that last TD , but for a mind thing maybe it was good to get him a TD pass. I did think he took a horrible sack that likely cost us 3 points. He had Pollard wide open. Glad to have him back.
Definitely better for Dak to get that TD I think. Maybe a little confidence booster or if no other reason than to keep the morons on social media quiet about playing Rush - I don't mind differing opinions of course, but my patience is tried by morons. Plus, he's just such an easy guy to root for. You know he wanted to come out and have a huge game stats wise, but at the same time you also know he is just happy to get a win

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely better for Dak to get that TD I think. Maybe a little confidence booster or if no other reason than to keep the morons on social media quiet about playing Rush - I don't mind differing opinions of course, but my patience is tried by morons. Plus, he's just such an easy guy to root for. You know he wanted to come out and have a huge game stats wise, but at the same time you also know he is just happy to get a win
It was easy to tell he was jacked up and rightfully so. It has been a crazy year in the NFL and I really dont know what to make of it. I watched the highlights on the Giants. They did it again. Just enough to win. Ready for Chicago.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3