• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It crazy but I enjoy watching the Cowboys defense for the first time in 25 years I don't want to jinx, but they are awesome this season .last year they seemed to only get off the field by forcing a turnover. Now they are forcing 3 and outs and smacking the Qb. The sight of seeing Stafford on his back in pain broght back good memories.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don Meredith, Dallas Cowboys Quarterback once said: "Coach Tom Landry is such a perfectionist that if he was married to Raquel Welch, he would expect her to cook."
I never heard that one

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. Cant wait to see him play again. I will miss seeing Coops wife though. Ha.
Cowboys will be fine as long as they stick to running the ball. They revert back to pass happy Kellen Moore offense and this team will struggle Dak or no Dak.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys will be fine as long as they stick to running the ball. They revert back to pass happy Kellen Moore offense and this team will struggle Dak or no Dak.
Ya know...the local radio sports talk was all over Romo's best year (34/9 I think it was in 2014) and his only season with real league MVP consideration (they said 3rd) happened to be the same season Murray ran for 1800 something yards.

My point? Not JUST stick to running the ball, that doesn't define what to do. Balance dictated by the alignments is the call to action.
Prescott back playing magnifies it now more than ever in both the run game & pass game. The O line is developing nicely. Guys many were assured would be poor NFL starters, are holding up rather well. We have TWO very good, seasoned NFL backs that bring something when they're in.

Prescott will be the key; he normally is good at protecting the football. He doesn't seem like a guy whose ego wouldn't allow a reflection to his rookie season and what made that "O" so successful.

Compound this with what's developing on defense and the number of players buying in and contributing.

I LIKE IT SO FAR

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya know...the local radio sports talk was all over Romo's best year (34/9 I think it was in 2014) and his only season with real league MVP consideration (they said 3rd) happened to be the same season Murray ran for 1800 something yards.

My point? Not JUST stick to running the ball, that doesn't define what to do. Balance dictated by the alignments is the call to action.
Prescott back playing magnifies it now more than ever in both the run game & pass game. The O line is developing nicely. Guys many were assured would be poor NFL starters, are holding up rather well. We have TWO very good, seasoned NFL backs that bring something when they're in.

Prescott will be the key; he normally is good at protecting the football. He doesn't seem like a guy whose ego wouldn't allow a reflection to his rookie season and what made that "O" so successful.

Compound this with what's developing on defense and the number of players buying in and contributing.

I LIKE IT SO FAR
Yes. I and many others have been screaming to run the ball, but in no way am I screaming to run just to keep the run numbers up.

The QB needs to read the D, a run is called and the D is obviously set to stop it then audible to a pass, it just seems to often with this team for years the QB audibles into a pass when there was no need to do so.

Hopefully they will learn to take what the D is giving them (run or pass) and win some damn games.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I and many others have been screaming to run the ball, but in no way am I screaming to run just to keep the run numbers up.

The QB needs to read the D, a run is called and the D is obviously set to stop it then audible to a pass, it just seems to often with this team for years the QB audibles into a pass when there was no need to do so.

Hopefully they will learn to take what the D is giving them (run or pass) and win some damn games.
They have a high yearly turnover rate while we reside with Jerry year after year

I'm talking this years situation similar to 2014 success only with a defense on steroids this time

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but at the same time blindly doing that too often killed us for years. Romo would walk to the line with two plays, read the safety in particular and the alignment in general and kill the first if not what we wanted. Knowing we do this, the defense would immediately adjust and we played right into their hands and the play was done. Whispers have come out for quite some time that Dak does the same (likely in both cases coming from or at least blessed by the OCs). Even in game one this year Tampa claimed to know what we were doing on many plays and we have heard this from opposing teams for years.

My point is sometimes you just need to be able to win the one on one battles and shove it up their ass regardless of the formation and you can at times make yourself more predictable by trying to be unpredictable. The idea to me was always to read the overall tendency and not the play by play formations. This is where I like the misdirection and jet sweeps or even fake jet sweeps for example if they load up too much or try and run blitz the gaps on early downs. Sometimes you just need to run it no matter the formation and try to win the one on one battles. This removes tendencies and most importantly sets up the PAP which has been so important to this offense when we are playing well.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but at the same time blindly doing that too often killed us for years. Romo would walk to the line with two plays, read the safety in particular and the alignment in general and kill the first if not what we wanted. Knowing we do this, the defense would immediately adjust and we played right into their hands and the play was done. Whispers have come out for quite some time that Dak does the same (likely in both cases coming from or at least blessed by the OCs). Even in game one this year Tampa claimed to know what we were doing on many plays and we have heard this from opposing teams for years.

My point is sometimes you just need to be able to win the one on one battles and shove it up their ass regardless of the formation and you can at times make yourself more predictable by trying to be unpredictable. The idea to me was always to read the overall tendency and not the play by play formations. This is where I like the misdirection and jet sweeps or even fake jet sweeps for example if they load up too much or try and run blitz the gaps on early downs. Sometimes you just need to run it no matter the formation and try to win the one on one battles. This removes tendencies and most importantly sets up the PAP which has been so important to this offense when we are playing well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... The O line is developing nicely. Guys many were assured would be poor NFL starters, are holding up rather well. We have TWO very good, seasoned NFL backs that bring something when they're in...

I LIKE IT SO FAR
A point I keep reiterating to the BIL who insists otherwise. Biadasz is what he is and I still have concerns about what McGovern can be. But Tyson Smith is going to be a keeper and Steele has recovered from his Week 1 fiasco nicely. Important thing is as a unit they are putting together solid weeks of production in the run game