• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also look for MSU to be hit with a LoIC, so who knows if they will be eligible for anything next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Cardale wasn't mediocre because teams had film on him. He was mediocre because Herman left and Tim Beck was given play-calling duties, and anyone who has seen him try and orchestrate an offense knows he is unbelievably horrible. If Herman doesn't leave, OSU very likely wins back-to-back titles. Not only that, but Haskins is a MUCH better QB than Cardale. He has a cannon arm, but unlike Cardale, he has touch on those short/intermediate throws. You should know that by watching the throws he made against michigan, he's the real deal.

We lose Hubbard and Lewis, and replace them with superior talents in Bosa and Chase Young. I am delighted that Hubbard left so we can actually unleash these two. Believe what you want, but we will be better in pass rush this year with these two now starting and not just rotating in. Also, we didn't lose Dre'Mont - he came back, which makes our DL that much better.

We lose Ward and that hurts, but we've never had a problem developing high end defensive backs. Jeffrey Okudah will be the next one up to give you fits this year. This is definitely the unit that makes me the most nervous, but we will be fine. Losing Baker means nothing, he was shit this year outside of the Wisconsin game. Harrison, Borland, and Booker are all back, and all 3 looked better than him last year. Not to mention we have more than enough elite LB talent that's gotten playing time ready to step up in Keandre Jones and Baron Browning (remember this name).

OSU finished with a better defensive efficiency than michigan last year, too. If you're going by raw numbers, take a look at the teams' schedules and get an idea of how that all came to be. OOC you faced South Carolina and Florida while we faced Oklahoma and USC, not to mention we had the CCG against Wisconsin. No wonder you had better raw defensive metrics. Don't get me wrong, I've already said plenty of time you guys have an elite defense that can give any team fits, but I'd take our players.

Good lord — OSU could lose their team in a plane crash and you’d argue the students pulled out of the stands are better than anyone in the B1G.

We return 9 starters — 6 of them were named to one of the all-B1G defensive teams. 2 others were named honorable mention. OSU returns 2 such players. The rest named to the All-B1G defense teams are gone.

As I said with Barrett — if there were better options behind the players starting on the field, they’d be out there. Winning is all the coaches care about — they aren’t going to sit a better player just because. I said the same thing to Michigan fans regarding the QB situation last year.

If you feel OSU is better as they lose over half their defense, while UM returns almost everyone — more power to you. I like our chances on defense against anyone though in 2018.

And regarding schedules — don’t forget while UM faced the top 5 offense of OSU, OSU faced the 110th ranked offense from UM with their backup QB, who lost the job to the 3rd string QB, only to get it back because of injury:lol: Think about that, and the fact UM still had the ball with 2:45 left to play and a chance to win the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good lord — OSU could lose their team in a plane crash and you’d argue the students pulled out of the stands are better than anyone in the B1G.

We return 9 starters — 6 of them were named to one of the all-B1G defensive teams. 2 others were named honorable mention. OSU returns 2 such players. The rest named to the All-B1G defense teams are gone.

As I said with Barrett — if there were better options behind the players starting on the field, they’d be out there. Winning is all the coaches care about — they aren’t going to sit a better player just because. I said the same thing to Michigan fans regarding the QB situation last year.

If you feel OSU is better as they lose over half their defense, while UM returns almost everyone — more power to you. I like our chances on defense against anyone though in 2018.

And regarding schedules — don’t forget while UM faced the top 5 offense of OSU, OSU faced the 110th ranked offense from UM with their backup QB, who lost the job to the 3rd string QB, only to get it back because of injury:lol: Think about that, and the fact UM still had the ball with 2:45 left to play and a chance to win the game.
Great. Good for you and your team. I'm taking ours, because I know the talent we have and I know the development curve at Ohio State is better than arguably anyone in the nation. In case you haven't noticed, we're a fucking factory for defensive talent, it's kind of what we do. Sitting here acting like losing a few guys on defense is going to cripple us is pretty short-sighted on your part. We were better last year from an efficiency standpoint, it is what it is. In 2018, I'm taking our DL over yours (3 likely first round picks reside on our line in 2018, not so much for michigan). I'm taking our LBs and I'm taking your DBs - for now. It's no wonder your DBs were supposedly so good, the best passing QB you faced all season by a landslide was Trace McSorley, other than when Haskins came in.

So you're telling me it's 100% impossible for a player to start over another player, and the following year the backup has a much better season than the starter the year before? See: Chris Leak/Tim Tebow. If I were you, I'd want to face Barrett 100% over Haskins. He has what it takes to beat you, that much is clear.

"A chance to win the game". Just a warmed over version of "The spot was bad". Keep on coming up with more rhetoric and bullshit. Fact is, OSU is better than michigan until your team proves otherwise. There's 0 reason to think michigan is going to come into the Shoe and beat OSU in 2018.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. Good for you and your team. I'm taking ours, because I know the talent we have and I know the development curve at Ohio State is better than arguably anyone in the nation. In case you haven't noticed, we're a fucking factory for defensive talent, it's kind of what we do. Sitting here acting like losing a few guys on defense is going to cripple us is pretty short-sighted on your part. We were better last year from an efficiency standpoint, it is what it is. In 2018, I'm taking our DL over yours (3 likely first round picks reside on our line in 2018, not so much for michigan). I'm taking our LBs and I'm taking your DBs - for now. It's no wonder your DBs were supposedly so good, the best passing QB you faced all season by a landslide was Trace McSorley, other than when Haskins came in.

So you're telling me it's 100% impossible for a player to start over another player, and the following year the backup has a much better season than the starter the year before? See: Chris Leak/Tim Tebow. If I were you, I'd want to face Barrett 100% over Haskins. He has what it takes to beat you, that much is clear.

"A chance to win the game". Just a warmed over version of "The spot was bad". Keep on coming up with more rhetoric and bullshit. Fact is, OSU is better than michigan until your team proves otherwise. There's 0 reason to think michigan is going to come into the Shoe and beat OSU in 2018.

Now you’ll take your LB’s over UM? We return 3rd team All- American Devin Bush and All-B1G LB Khaleke Hudson. Who does OSU return? Just curious.

And NO ONE is saying you will be crippled. I said, saying you will have a more talented defense than UM when we return 9 starters and OSU returns what, 4 is an interesting observation. The fact 6 guys returning for UM were named to an All-B1G defense team makes it more interesting.

Maybe OSU should start fielding two teams every year and they can face each other in the National Championship each year. My guess is the 2nd string team wins because those guys always seem to better than the guys they are replacing. Meyer just doesn’t feel like starting them.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 4 teams in the East that have a reasonable chance to win the division. In order, OSU, Michigan, Mich ST and Penn St.

In an earlier post I had said that Wisconsin could lose as many as 3 games or go undefeated again in regular season. If ATF thinks that OSU is a prohibitive favorite over Wisconsin this year, he is wrong. The offense will make some good amount of progress over last. We lose Fumagalli and a starting FB. The FB was on split time, so nothing lost. The entire O-line returns, our top 3 receivers statistically and the #1 receiver to start the season all return. Horni has another year of experience under his belt. Oh yeah, Jonathan Taylor.

We do lose 1/2 our starters on defense, but they are replaceable with the underclassmen we have. The biggest difference will be that Leonard isn't new to the system anymore. Barring a sophomore slump, the coaching should take a quantum leap on defense.

All in all, I think we'll be a much better team than 2107.

Scary, ain't it?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you’ll take your LB’s over UM? We return 3rd team All- American Devin Bush and All-B1G LB Khaleke Hudson. Who does OSU return? Just curious.

And NO ONE is saying you will be crippled. I said, saying you will have a more talented defense than UM when we return 9 starters and OSU returns what, 4 is an interesting observation. The fact 6 guys returning for UM were named to an All-B1G defense team makes it more interesting.

Maybe OSU should start fielding two teams every year and they can face each other in the National Championship each year. My guess is the 2nd string team wins because those guys always seem to better than the guys they are replacing. Meyer just doesn’t feel like starting them.
That's not a surprise. We had 7-8 guys rotating in at LB all year. You guys didn't. I'm more than happy with the idea of Tuf Borland and Malik Harrison starting. Also, FR Baron Browning is a terrifying prospect who the seniors said was the most dominant player on the defense leading up to the Cotton Bowl, and he will also likely be starting. As usual, we have tons of talent backing them up. And again, given OSU's track record of developing elite LBs, yes I will take ours.

The losses from defense are Sam Hubbard, Tyquan Lewis, Jalyn Holmes, Michael Hill, Tracy Sprinkle, Chris Worley, Jerome Baker, Denzel Ward, and Damon Webb. Hubbard, Lewis, and Holmes are easily replaced by Bosa and Young, who could both be All-B1G next year. Hill, Sprinkle, and Worley were solid contributor but hardly key pieces. Baker sucked last year. Ward hurts, but Webb is easily replaced. All in all, we'll easily weather the losses we had on defense given the experience and talent we have returning. Big difference also is our depth. michigan can't match it.

First off, your team saw both Barrett and Haskins. It's clear who the better QB is. Barrett had a huge edge in experience and was a leader, which is why he started. Giving Haskins an entire offseason as the starter and facing you guys at the end of the year doesn't scare me or any Buckeye fan whatsoever. It's exciting, if anything. In regards to the DE spot, we lose a lot of depth, but only one of these guys was rated as the top DE in the nation - and he's back. Bosa had seven sacks, 11 QB hits, and 33 hurries on only 294 rushes. Now he's going to get full-time starter snaps. Oh, and our other end, Chase Young? 247Sports Recruiting Director Steve Wiltfong said he has the makings of a future #1 overall pick. Good luck.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a surprise. We had 7-8 guys rotating in at LB all year. You guys didn't. I'm more than happy with the idea of Tuf Borland and Malik Harrison starting. Also, FR Baron Browning is a terrifying prospect who the seniors said was the most dominant player on the defense leading up to the Cotton Bowl, and he will also likely be starting. As usual, we have tons of talent backing them up. And again, given OSU's track record of developing elite LBs, yes I will take ours.

The losses from defense are Sam Hubbard, Tyquan Lewis, Jalyn Holmes, Michael Hill, Tracy Sprinkle, Chris Worley, Jerome Baker, Denzel Ward, and Damon Webb. Hubbard, Lewis, and Holmes are easily replaced by Bosa and Young, who could both be All-B1G next year. Hill, Sprinkle, and Worley were solid contributor but hardly key pieces. Baker sucked last year. Ward hurts, but Webb is easily replaced. All in all, we'll easily weather the losses we had on defense given the experience and talent we have returning. Big difference also is our depth. michigan can't match it.

First off, your team saw both Barrett and Haskins. It's clear who the better QB is. Barrett had a huge edge in experience and was a leader, which is why he started. Giving Haskins an entire offseason as the starter and facing you guys at the end of the year doesn't scare me or any Buckeye fan whatsoever. It's exciting, if anything. In regards to the DE spot, we lose a lot of depth, but only one of these guys was rated as the top DE in the nation - and he's back. Bosa had seven sacks, 11 QB hits, and 33 hurries on only 294 rushes. Now he's going to get full-time starter snaps. Oh, and our other end, Chase Young? 247Sports Recruiting Director Steve Wiltfong said he has the makings of a future #1 overall pick. Good luck.

You are right — I’d much rather have the backups to the LB’s who didn’t make any of the All-B1G defense teams over UM’s LBs who one was a Butkus Award Finalist and the other was All-B1G.

As far as your defensive ends — Poor UM only has Rashan Gary and Chase Winovich. All they did was put up 131 tackles, 32 TFL and 16.5 sacks. Gary will be a 1st round pick and Winovich would have went in the first 2-3 rounds, so he decided to come back to try and up his draft stock.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right — I’d much rather have the backups to the LB’s who didn’t make any of the All-B1G defense teams over UM’s LBs who one was a Butkus Award Finalist and the other was All-B1G.

As far as your defensive ends — Poor UM only has Rashan Gary and Chase Winovich. All they did was put up 131 tackles, 32 TFL and 16.5 sacks. Gary will be a 1st round pick and Winovich would have went in the first 2-3 rounds, so he decided to come back to try and up his draft stock.
Bush and Keleke didn't do much vs. OSU, so you can have them. Just wait and see. OSU rarely fails to produce LB talent. We'll see if Bush and Kaleke can actually do big things against real teams.

Gary is very, very good. He's not on Bosa's level, and from what I've seen from him, I'll happily take Young.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush and Keleke didn't do much vs. OSU, so you can have them. Just wait and see. OSU rarely fails to produce LB talent. We'll see if Bush and Kaleke can actually do big things against real teams.

Gary is very, very good. He's not on Bosa's level, and from what I've seen from him, I'll happily take Young.

OSU didn’t have a LB make an all-B1G team last year. But they will be a strength this year, even though your starters are leaving?

You can have Bosa and Young — I will take the DE’s that had 19 tackles and 3.5 sacks against OSU this past year.:suds:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU didn’t have a LB make an all-B1G team last year. But they will be a strength this year, even though your starters are leaving?

You can have Bosa and Young — I will take the DE’s that had 19 tackles and 3.5 sacks against OSU this past year.:suds:
Again, I know a lot more about them than you do. Both Borland and Harrison didn't start until later in the season, but both looked fantastic. One knock on Urban is he can be loyal to his elder players to a fault at times (READ: Barrett). Again, you acting like it's impossible for them to come in and be better next year than their predecessors were in 2017 is just stupid.

LMFAO at taking Winovich over Bosa.

Again, just wait. We'll see in November when we beat you yet again, with or without Patterson.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I know a lot more about them than you do. Both Borland and Harrison didn't start until later in the season, but both looked fantastic. One knock on Urban is he can be loyal to his elder players to a fault at times (READ: Barrett). Again, you acting like it's impossible for them to come in and be better next year than their predecessors were in 2017 is just stupid.

Again, just wait. We'll see in November when we beat you yet again, with or without Patterson.

ATF — no offense, but you have a very one sided view when speaking about OSU. Just think about it. You’ve argued:

1. Your starting LB’s are better, even though you will have all new starters and UM returns a guy who was 3rd team all-American and another that was named All-B1G

2. Your CB’s are better, even though UM returns the guys who finished #1 and #2 in the country in QBR rating on passes thrown their way and had the #1 ranked pass defense and you lost your best CB.

3. You argue your DE’s are better, even though UM returns Gary, who is a projected top 10 pick and Winovich, who was the most productive DE in the conference. Both All-B1G selections. To take it a step further — Winovich had more tackles last year (73) than Bosa has in his 1st 2 years combined (63 — in 26 games)

You literally could be replacing your entire defense and you’d argue how OSU has the best defense. It is akin to the Barrett discussion last year — he started the year garbage and you said he was the 3rd best QB on your team, then after a handful of games you were arguing he was a top 5 for the heisman, then Iowa happened and he was the 3rd best QB on the team again.

Now you have the best QB in the B1G though he has never started a game. Elite LB’s even though they haven’t done a thing on the field. The best CB’s even though you lost your best CB. It is amazing — I’m truly surprised OSU hasn’t asked to have an A and B team and when they dominate everyone in CFB, we can all watch as they play for the national championship against each other.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I didn’t say I’d take Winovich over Bosa. I said I’d take Winovich and Gary.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, they were the best team in 2012 but the NCAA kept them from winning the conference, not the other teams. 2016 took a flukey upset of michigan by Iowa to keep OSU out. They've been by far the best team in the conference.

With the shit happening at MSU, I highly doubt they're in the mix. PSU loses a lot, and that's not including Barkley. michigan still doesn't have a QB and has at best the 4th best coach in the division.

That leaves OSU. They'll arguably be upgrading at QB, and return the best 1-2 punch at RB in the conference, maybe even the nation. They have WR talent for days and a solid OL. The DL is among the top 5 in the nation, LBs are good enough (still probably the best in the conference), and the defensive backfield is unproven but extremely talented.

Of course anything can happen. Picking OSU to win the conference right now, though, seems like the safest bet you can make by a mile.

lol

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF — no offense, but you have a very one sided view when speaking about OSU. Just think about it. You’ve argued:

1. Your starting LB’s are better, even though you will have all new starters and UM returns a guy who was 3rd team all-American and another that was named All-B1G

2. Your CB’s are better, even though UM returns the guys who finished #1 and #2 in the country in QBR rating on passes thrown their way and had the #1 ranked pass defense and you lost your best CB.

3. You argue your DE’s are better, even though UM returns Gary, who is a projected top 10 pick and Winovich, who was the most productive DE in the conference. Both All-B1G selections. To take it a step further — Winovich had more tackles last year (73) than Bosa has in his 1st 2 years combined (63 — in 26 games)

You literally could be replacing your entire defense and you’d argue how OSU has the best defense. It is akin to the Barrett discussion last year — he started the year garbage and you said he was the 3rd best QB on your team, then after a handful of games you were arguing he was a top 5 for the heisman, then Iowa happened and he was the 3rd best QB on the team again.

Now you have the best QB in the B1G though he has never started a game. Elite LB’s even though they haven’t done a thing on the field. The best CB’s even though you lost your best CB. It is amazing — I’m truly surprised OSU hasn’t asked to have an A and B team and when they dominate everyone in CFB, we can all watch as they play for the national championship against each other.
1. I said I would take our LBs. I've given plenty of credit to your LBs but I don't think they're overall as good as ours. It's nice that you have two good ones. Then who do you have? Our unit as a whole is just better.

2. I didn't say our CBs were better. In fact, I believe I said I'd take michigan's secondary.

3. Our DEs are better. Bosa was the highest rated DE according to Pro Football Focus. There's a reason he's projected as a top 3 pick while Winovich isn't. You're insane and would never get any non-michigan fan to say they'd take Winovich over Bosa. Not a chance in the world.

We literally aren't replacing our entire defense, so you're wrong. We bring back tons of talent. How can you be so ignorant as to think OSU isn't going to do that? It's what we've done now for the past how many years, yet you think suddenly we're going to struggle. We're on Alabama's level in regards to putting players in the league, reloading, putting those kids into the league, and reloading again. Barrett started the year garbage, came along and was being touted as top 5 for the Heisman at that point - not by me, by the experts. Do you know that, after week 9 of the season, Barrett was tied for the nation's lead in TD passes and was top 5 in QBR? Gee, why would I have thought he was top 5 in the Heisman voting at the time? Hmm...

I do believe Haskins is the best QB in the B1G, and it'll be proven by the end of the year. McSorley is the only one who really is a challenger, and he lost 5 of his top 6 pass catchers and his do-everything RB. Haskins is in his 3rd year in the program, has talent for days, and when he was called on late in the year on a whim, he came in against your elite defense and worked them over (and don't give me that "gameplan" bullshit excuse. If you want to say your defense is elite, you'd better be able to expect them to shut down a RS Freshman who gets thrown into a game suddenly).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TrustMeIamRight feel free to come back to me next year and throw this all back at me if I'm wrong. If Gary and Winovich somehow end up completely outplaying Young and Bosa and rating higher than them, so be it. If our LBs suck and yours are all world, fair enough.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one time where I've said this. Do it. Show me one time where I've said anything remotely along the lines of OSU being unbeatable or being a guarantee to win the conference. You can't. You're just an uneducated fan who throws out baseless insults to cover it up. Stop being so fucking dramatic already.

I'll say one more time - please talk about next season. Show me that you know a goddamn thing about any of the teams. Offer some sort of intellect or anything at all that would demonstrate you know what the fuck you're talking about other than "OSU was banned in 2012 and then lost a few games over the following 5 years". That means literally nothing in 2018.

You predicted Ohio State to go 12-0 in 2017, 11-1 in 2016 and 12-0 in 2015. My guess is you thought they win the conference every year based on those predictions. They won it once.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You predicted Ohio State to go 12-0 in 2017, 11-1 in 2016 and 12-0 in 2015. My guess is you thought they win the conference every year based on those predictions. They won it once.
And they were the best team in the conference each of the 3 years. The tie-breakers just didn't go their way, shit happens.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they were the best team in the conference each of the 3 years. The tie-breakers just didn't go their way, shit happens.

lol, the tie-breakers didn't go Ohio State's way because they lost head to head to the team that actually went to the championship game.