• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the second sentence? Probably not because you Homer it up and rage.
Didn't need to. Your exact words were that Wisconsin has the best chance to win the conference. You can't just change your words later on to fit your narrative.

If Ohio State is so far superior to the entire conference and a God amongst ants, why is it they only won the conference twice since 2010? Obviously nobody can even compete with the mighty Ohio State, why do they even bother playing the games, right? Who has a better shot at making the conference championship game? Wisconsin or Ohio State? The first step to winning the conference is making it to the conference championship game. The fact of the matter is, despite what your homer brain wants to admit, Ohio State has choked away a conference game 4 out of the last 5 years and three times it has prevented them from winning the conference.
Wow, this is some dramatic teenage girl-level bullshit. I've never, ever once, said nobody can compete with OSU. I asked you to tell me who OSU would lose to and you couldn't give an actual response. Instead you, as usual, resorted to unfounded criticisms and immature, stale jabs.

Let me help you: Wisconsin has a very good chance to make the B1G title game, but it's far from a sure thing. They have road games at Purdue, Iowa, michigan, and Penn State. I could easily see them dropping two of those games. With Purdue and Nebraska on the rise, it's not a sure thing. Maybe if you'd stop being an overly-dramatic little girl and start using any level of intelligence or analysis of the teams, we could have an actual conversation.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't need to. Your exact words were that Wisconsin has the best chance to win the conference. You can't just change your words later on to fit your narrative.

Wow, this is some dramatic teenage girl-level bullshit. I've never, ever once, said nobody can compete with OSU. I asked you to tell me who OSU would lose to and you couldn't give an actual response. Instead you, as usual, resorted to unfounded criticisms and immature, stale jabs.

Let me help you: Wisconsin has a very good chance to make the B1G title game, but it's far from a sure thing. They have road games at Purdue, Iowa, michigan, and Penn State. I could easily see them dropping two of those games. With Purdue and Nebraska on the rise, it's not a sure thing. Maybe if you'd stop being an overly-dramatic little girl and start using any level of intelligence or analysis of the teams, we could have an actual conversation.
You can’t have an actual conversation because you don’t believe it’s possible for Ohio State to ever lose a game. You have a small sample size on what Haskins can do and you are already declaring him the best quarterback in the conference. Cardele Jones looked great for two games and then the offense looked like shit the next season when returning all the goodies. Ohio State could lose to Penn State, Michigan State and/or Michigan. You nearly lost to the worst MSU team in a half century last time you visited East Lansing. You nearly choked away the game against Michigan last year but Harbaugh choked even harder. But you are going to come back with some shit about how you are going to roll everyone.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just being honest — UM returns basically everyone, sans Maurice Hurst, Mike McCrary and Mason Cole.

They should have another top 5 defense — if they find a quality QB, UM will be a tough out for anyone.

If they have a mediocre QB — it will be another long year of watching the offense struggle and if they have a mediocre QB — they will lose to OSU again

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t have an actual conversation because you don’t believe it’s possible for Ohio State to ever lose a game. You have a small sample size on what Haskins can do and you are already declaring him the best quarterback in the conference. Cardele Jones looked great for two games and then the offense looked like shit the next season when returning all the goodies. Ohio State could lose to Penn State, Michigan State and/or Michigan. You nearly lost to the worst MSU team in a half century last time you visited East Lansing. You nearly choked away the game against Michigan last year but Harbaugh choked even harder. But you are going to come back with some shit about how you are going to roll everyone.
I've literally never said or implied OSU can't ever lose a game. I wish you would stop lying. I've literally never posted that OSU would roll everyone. Again, please stop lying. Also, why do you think Wisconsin has the best chance to win the conference? That's what you originally said, so explain yourself.

If you're not capable of having an adult conversation without throwing out unfounded lies just move on already.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just being honest — UM returns basically everyone, sans Maurice Hurst, Mike McCrary and Mason Cole.

They should have another top 5 defense — if they find a quality QB, UM will be a tough out for anyone.

If they have a mediocre QB — it will be another long year of watching the offense struggle and if they have a mediocre QB — they will lose to OSU again
I don't think Patterson will be the difference between michigan winning over OSU and not. Hurst is a HUGE loss for you guys. You'll definitely be a tough out, I don't disagree.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've literally never said or implied OSU can't ever lose a game. I wish you would stop lying. I've literally never posted that OSU would roll everyone. Again, please stop lying. Also, why do you think Wisconsin has the best chance to win the conference? That's what you originally said, so explain yourself.

If you're not capable of having an adult conversation without throwing out unfounded lies just move on already.
You literally said “who’s going to beat them” correct? Or am I lying about that? I have said many times why I think Wisconsin has the best chance to win the conference but you won’t listen. Do I need to type it slower so you can understand? Wisconsin has an easier road to make the conference championship game than Ohio State? Does Ohio State not play in arguably the deepest division in college football? Wisconsin crushes their entire division last year while Ohio State was 2 minutes away from losing the division last year against Penn State.

Ohio State has the best team in the conference and should win. But again you are going to ignore everything I say because that’s what you do. The first step to winning the conference is winning the division. I give Wisconsin a 95% of winning their weak ass division and Ohio State around a 50% chance of winning the East.

Ohio State was the best team in the conference in 2015, how did that help them win the conference that year. They had the best team in 2016 as well, how did it help them win the conference that year?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You literally said “who’s going to beat them” correct? Or am I lying about that? I have said many times why I think Wisconsin has the best chance to win the conference but you won’t listen. Do I need to type it slower so you can understand? Wisconsin has an easier road to make the conference championship game than Ohio State? Does Ohio State not play in arguably the deepest division in college football? Wisconsin crushes their entire division last year while Ohio State was 2 minutes away from losing the division last year against Penn State.

Ohio State has the best team in the conference and should win. But again you are going to ignore everything I say because that’s what you do. The first step to winning the conference is winning the division. I give Wisconsin a 95% of winning their weak ass division and Ohio State around a 50% chance of winning the East.
Yes I asked you that question. It was an honest question. Who would you pick right now to beat them? Is that such a difficult question?

You went from saying Wisconsin had the best chance to win the conference to having the best chance to make the CCG to now being back on Wisconsin having the best chance to win it? This thread isn't about who's going to make it to the CCG, dumbass. It's about who is going to win. You say OSU has dropped 2-3 games in years when they were the best team as a reason to pick against them, yet you pick Wisconsin to win conference, something they haven't done in 6 years??

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I asked you that question. It was an honest question. Who would you pick right now to beat them? Is that such a difficult question?

You went from saying Wisconsin had the best chance to win the conference to having the best chance to make the CCG to now being back on Wisconsin having the best chance to win it? This thread isn't about who's going to make it to the CCG, dumbass. It's about who is going to win. You say OSU has dropped 2-3 games in years when they were the best team as a reason to pick against them, yet you pick Wisconsin to win conference, something they haven't done in 6 years??
Jesus fucking Christ are you fucking stupid. HOW CAN YOU WIN THE FUCKING CONFERENCE TITLE IF YOU AREN’T IN THE FUCKING GAME?!?!? You must be in the title game to win it or has that changed. If they are almost definitely going to be in the game they have a better shot of winning the game than a team who has about a fifty percent chance of missing the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus fucking Christ are you fucking stupid. HOW CAN YOU WIN THE FUCKING CONFERENCE TITLE IF YOU AREN’T IN THE FUCKING GAME?!?!?
So... are you going to answer the simple question of who is going to beat OSU or not?

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO WIN THE CCG IF YOU'VE PROVEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO NOT BE AS GOOD OF A TEAM AS THOSE FROM THE EAST? THIS ISN'T A THREAD ABOUT WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO GO TO THE CCG, DUMBASS. IT'S A THREAD ABOUT WHO WILL WIN THE CONFERENCE. IF YOU'RE TOO BIG OF A PUSSY TO MAKE A CHOICE FROM THE EAST THEN TAKE YOUR IDIOTIC WISCONSIN PICK AND FUCK OFF ALREADY.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So... are you going to answer the simple question of who is going to beat OSU or not?

HOW ARE YOU GOING TO WIN THE CCG IF YOU'VE PROVEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO NOT BE AS GOOD OF A TEAM AS THOSE FROM THE EAST? THIS ISN'T A THREAD ABOUT WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO GO TO THE CCG, DUMBASS. IT'S A THREAD ABOUT WHO WILL WIN THE CONFERENCE. IF YOU'RE TOO BIG OF A PUSSY TO MAKE A CHOICE FROM THE EAST THEN TAKE YOUR IDIOTIC WISCONSIN PICK AND FUCK OFF ALREADY.
Penn State proved they could beat Ohio State the last two years, Michigan nearly beat Ohio State the last two years, Michigan State nearly beat Ohio State in 2016. Those are three solid games they could lose. You lose one game to the wrong team and you aren’t in the conference title game. Wisconsin nearly beat Penn State last year and it isn’t like you blew them out this season. What’s Jacksonville’s chances of winning the Super Bowl this year? What about the Steelers? Vikings? Oh wait are you telling me that you actually have to make the game to actually win the game? If you don’t understand the fact that it is easier to win the conference because they are all but guaranteed to make it vs a team that could lose one game and be knocked out (like in 2015 and 2016), then there is no helping your homerism.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Patterson will be the difference between michigan winning over OSU and not. Hurst is a HUGE loss for you guys. You'll definitely be a tough out, I don't disagree.

We return Winovich, Gary, Khaleke Hudson and Devin Bush — they combined for 58 TFL and 27 sacks. They also return both CB’s who ranked #1 and #2 in the country in QBR rating on passes thrown their way and gave up zero TD passes.

I’m more worried about safety play than I am replacing Hurst — Aubrey Solomon will take over his spot. It is a big loss, but with almost the entire defense retuning, they will be better in 2017.

And I know you like to defend OSU to the end, but UM almost beat OSU the last two years with Speight and O’Korn — I’m guessing the guy they project anywhere from top 10 to top 20 in the NFL draft will be a slight upgrade at QB.

Also — you have no idea what you are going to get at QB. OSU has been JT Barrett for what seems like a decade.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State proved they could beat Ohio State the last two years, Michigan nearly beat Ohio State the last two years, Michigan State nearly beat Ohio State in 2016. Those are three solid games they could lose. You lose one game to the wrong team and you aren’t in the conference title game. Wisconsin nearly beat Penn State last year and it isn’t like you blew them out this season. What’s Jacksonville’s chances of winning the Super Bowl this year? What about the Steelers? Vikings? Oh wait are you telling me that you actually have to make the game to actually win the game? If you don’t understand the fact that it is easier to win the conference because they are all but guaranteed to make it vs a team that could lose one game and be knocked out (like in 2015 and 2016), then there is no helping your homerism.
Would you do me a favor and look up the definition of the word "homer"? You honestly have 0 idea what it means, the way you keep throwing it out. Evidently telling you to give some sort of actual insight on the teams this season means I'm a homer in your mind.

Also, your post was absolutely hollow and meaningless. All you're doing is making some vague, general statements without offering any actual insight. Everything you said could have been said by somebody who has no clue about college football, which actually explains a lot.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We return Winovich, Gary, Khaleke Hudson and Devin Bush — they combined for 58 TFL and 27 sacks. They also return both CB’s who ranked #1 and #2 in the country in QBR rating on passes thrown their way and gave up zero TD passes.

I’m more worried about safety play than I am replacing Hurst — Aubrey Solomon will take over his spot. It is a big loss, but with almost the entire defense retuning, they will be better in 2017.

And I know you like to defend OSU to the end, but UM almost beat OSU the last two years with Speight and O’Korn — I’m guessing the guy they project anywhere from top 10 to top 20 in the NFL draft will be a slight upgrade at QB.

Also — you have no idea what you are going to get at QB. OSU has been JT Barrett for what seems like a decade.
Actually I'd say OSU got a really good look at what they're getting at QB in the michigan game last year. Haskins looks like the real deal in every way. Shit, if he'd have gotten to start that game from the start we'd have won by 20+. He didn't seem to have any trouble throwing against those CBs you mention. Obviously can't say the same thing about Barrett. With Weber, Campbell, and Dixon coming back, we're absolutely loaded at the skill spots, so he's going to have every opportunity to thrive.

UM should've beaten OSU two years ago, to be fair, even with Speight. We were loaded with 1st year starters while your team was overflowing with upperclassmen and soon-to-be NFL draft picks. OSU has a more talented defense than michigan this coming season, but losing Coombs is going to hurt, so who knows what will happen. I definitely think michigan will be better in 2018 than in 2017, maybe a lot better. That said, I also think 2018 OSU is going to be a good amount better than 2017 OSU.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you do me a favor and look up the definition of the word "homer"? You honestly have 0 idea what it means, the way you keep throwing it out. Evidently telling you to give some sort of actual insight on the teams this season means I'm a homer in your mind.

Also, your post was absolutely hollow and meaningless. All you're doing is making some vague, general statements without offering any actual insight. Everything you said could have been said by somebody who has no clue about college football, which actually explains a lot.
You don’t listen to anything but Ohio State is the greatest thing ever. You want twist everything into your favor. I pointed out the games that cost Ohio State conference championships and you tell me to ignore those individual games but you want to talk about all of the games Ohio State won since 2012. You say Wisconsin has shown that it can’t win the conference but has won the CCG as many times as Ohio State has. You say that a quarterback who has played, what, one half of meaningful football and declared him the best quarterback in the conference going into next season. Am I missing something?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t listen to anything but Ohio State is the greatest thing ever. You want twist everything into your favor. I pointed out the games that cost Ohio State conference championships and you tell me to ignore those individual games but you want to talk about all of the games Ohio State won since 2012. You say Wisconsin has shown that it can’t win the conference but has won the CCG as many times as Ohio State has. You say that a quarterback who has played, what, one half of meaningful football and declared him the best quarterback in the conference going into next season. Am I missing something?
Show me one time where I've said this. Do it. Show me one time where I've said anything remotely along the lines of OSU being unbeatable or being a guarantee to win the conference. You can't. You're just an uneducated fan who throws out baseless insults to cover it up. Stop being so fucking dramatic already.

I'll say one more time - please talk about next season. Show me that you know a goddamn thing about any of the teams. Offer some sort of intellect or anything at all that would demonstrate you know what the fuck you're talking about other than "OSU was banned in 2012 and then lost a few games over the following 5 years". That means literally nothing in 2018.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me one time where I've said this. Do it. Show me one time where I've said anything remotely along the lines of OSU being unbeatable or being a guarantee to win the conference. You can't. You're just an uneducated fan who throws out baseless insults to cover it up. Stop being so fucking dramatic already.

I'll say one more time - please talk about next season. Show me that you know a goddamn thing about any of the teams. Offer some sort of intellect or anything at all that would demonstrate you know what the fuck you're talking about other than "OSU was banned in 2012 and then lost a few games over the following 5 years". That means literally nothing in 2018.
You have come on here and attacked anyone who has said anything but Ohio State and do it in every thread.

So again let’s ignore the games that you continually lose that cost you the conference championship game but you bring up all of he meaningless wins that you have won since 2012. You have a quarterback who has seen one half of meaningful playtime. Correct? Am I wrong. You do not know how the offense will look with someone else under center. Do you remember how much shit Ohio State fans were talking going into the 2015 (oh wait of course you don’t, you blocked that from your memory). You were supposed to just walk into the playoffs and your offense looked like shit the entire season. Of course you want to ignore the fact that Ohio State has been choking away games lately. Penn State is losing Barkley but bringing in a very capable replacement. You have to play them on the road. A place where you have lost the last time you played there. Michigan State is returning pretty much all the starters from last year and you are playing them on the road. You have to play Michigan and it looks like they may have a competent quarterback for once, again another team that has been playing you tough. More than likely Wisconsin in the conference championship game if you manage to make it there. A team that had the ball with two minutes left and a chance to win the game last year and will be returning their QB and RB.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State...bookended!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I'd say OSU got a really good look at what they're getting at QB in the michigan game last year. Haskins looks like the real deal in every way. Shit, if he'd have gotten to start that game from the start we'd have won by 20+. He didn't seem to have any trouble throwing against those CBs you mention. Obviously can't say the same thing about Barrett. With Weber, Campbell, and Dixon coming back, we're absolutely loaded at the skill spots, so he's going to have every opportunity to thrive.

UM should've beaten OSU two years ago, to be fair, even with Speight. We were loaded with 1st year starters while your team was overflowing with upperclassmen and soon-to-be NFL draft picks. OSU has a more talented defense than michigan this coming season, but losing Coombs is going to hurt, so who knows what will happen. I definitely think michigan will be better in 2018 than in 2017, maybe a lot better. That said, I also think 2018 OSU is going to be a good amount better than 2017 OSU.

ATF — I hate to break the news, but Cardale Jones should be the perfect example for you. Teams didn’t know what they were going to see, so game planning against him was tough. He tore teams up, then was mediocre once teams had film on him. I tip my cap to Haskins against UM, but I GUaRANTEE they didn’t game plan on the chance Haskins would be the QB.

And explain the more talented defense? You lose Sam Hubbard, you lose Tyquan Lewis, you lose Denzel Ward, you lose Damon Webb, you lose Dre’Mont Jones, you lose Jerome Baker. I’m sure I’m missing others, but that is off the top of my head. UM returns everyone but McCrary and Hurst.

Michigan finished as the #3 defense in the country last year. OSU finished 9th. We lose 2 players, you lose over half your defense. So explain how your defense will be better?

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Ohio State.