• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was and in 2016 as well. How many times has Ohio State been in the Big Ten Championship game vs Ohio State? Since the college football playoffs started, Wisconsin has been in it 3 times and Ohio State twice.

They are 0-3 in those games. They have to prove they can beat the east champion before i would consider them a preseason favorite

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was and in 2016 as well. How many times has Ohio State been in the Big Ten Championship game vs Ohio State? Since the college football playoffs started, Wisconsin has been in it 3 times and Ohio State twice.
That says a lot considering Wisconsin plays in the far shittier division.

OSU played their way into it in 2012 but couldn't play because of the postseason ban. They also only missed out in 2016 because michigan was upset by Iowa. OSU has, by far, been the most consistently good team in the B1G since Meyer got there. Predicting them to make it this year with an arguably better team than 2017 is a pretty safe bet.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 0-3 in those games. They have to prove they can beat the east champion before i would consider them a preseason favorite
And in the last three years there have been three different representatives from the East. It is much more of a crap shoot on who is coming out of the East because Ohio State usually shits the bed at least one game in conference. It’s just a matter of if that game will keep them out of the CCG or not. Ohio State has only won the conference twice since 2010. They definitely should be the best team, but that doesn’t mean too much.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the last three years there have been three different representatives from the East. It is much more of a crap shoot on who is coming out of the East because Ohio State usually shits the bed at least one game in conference. It’s just a matter of if that game will keep them out of the CCG or not. Ohio State has only won the conference twice since 2010. They definitely should be the best team, but that doesn’t mean too much.
Again, they were the best team in 2012 but the NCAA kept them from winning the conference, not the other teams. 2016 took a flukey upset of michigan by Iowa to keep OSU out. They've been by far the best team in the conference.

With the shit happening at MSU, I highly doubt they're in the mix. PSU loses a lot, and that's not including Barkley. michigan still doesn't have a QB and has at best the 4th best coach in the division.

That leaves OSU. They'll arguably be upgrading at QB, and return the best 1-2 punch at RB in the conference, maybe even the nation. They have WR talent for days and a solid OL. The DL is among the top 5 in the nation, LBs are good enough (still probably the best in the conference), and the defensive backfield is unproven but extremely talented.

Of course anything can happen. Picking OSU to win the conference right now, though, seems like the safest bet you can make by a mile.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, they were the best team in 2012 but the NCAA kept them from winning the conference, not the other teams. 2016 took a flukey upset of michigan by Iowa to keep OSU out. They've been by far the best team in the conference.

With the shit happening at MSU, I highly doubt they're in the mix. PSU loses a lot, and that's not including Barkley. michigan still doesn't have a QB and has at best the 4th best coach in the division.

That leaves OSU. They'll arguably be upgrading at QB, and return the best 1-2 punch at RB in the conference, maybe even the nation. They have WR talent for days and a solid OL. The DL is among the top 5 in the nation, LBs are good enough (still probably the best in the conference), and the defensive backfield is unproven but extremely talented.

Of course anything can happen. Picking OSU to win the conference right now, though, seems like the safest bet you can make by a mile.
The NCAA kept them out because Ohio State cheated and lied to the NCAA. But yes, they are the bad guys, you should be able to cheat all you want without repercussions. Who do you think you are, the Patriots?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA kept them out because Ohio State cheated and lied to the NCAA. But yes, they are the bad guys, you should be able to cheat all you want without repercussions. Who do you think you are, the Patriots?
What the fuck are you going off about? I never said the sanctions shouldn't have happened (though if you truly think exchanging your belongings for tats is "cheating", that's pretty sad). What I said was, OSU was the best team in the conference that year, so using that as an example of them not playing for the CCG doesn't really fit your narrative.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck are you going off about? I never said the sanctions shouldn't have happened (though if you truly think exchanging your belongings for tats is "cheating", that's pretty sad). What I said was, OSU was the best team in the conference that year, so using that as an example of them not playing for the CCG doesn't really fit your narrative.
And of course, Ohio State has never choked away a game as the best team in the conference.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the same, Ohio State is tied for the second most appearances, and tied for first in wins. I can't imagine they won't be the overwhelming favorite to win the conference heading into next season. Of course, it's all conjecture at this point, so there is no real wrong answer, but that has never stopped me from arguing before

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And of course, Ohio State has never choked away a game as the best team in the conference.
So who's going to beat them and why? Isn't that what this thread is supposed to be about - looking at the teams as they will be this coming season?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the same, Ohio State is tied for the second most appearances, and tied for first in wins. I can't imagine they won't be the overwhelming favorite to win the conference heading into next season. Of course, it's all conjecture at this point, so there is no real wrong answer, but that has never stopped me from arguing before
I can tell you right now, Illinois is the wrong answer.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The cheating part comes from the fact that had Ohio State handled it properly those players would have been suspended for part of the season. Though, IIRC, it would have been when we played some teams that we wouldn't have needed them anyway.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cheating part comes from the fact that had Ohio State handled it properly those players would have been suspended for part of the season. Though, IIRC, it would have been when we played some teams that we wouldn't have needed them anyway.
You are correct.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting right there. If asked how many B1G Championships does tOSU have since 2010, I'll bet that 8 out of 10 non B1G followers would answer more than two...and probably closer to five. Hell, some B1G followers would probably get it wrong too.

Talk about hype and perception not equalling reality..............

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's going to beat them and why? Isn't that what this thread is supposed to be about - looking at the teams as they will be this coming season?
No idea. Nobody saw them losing to MSU in 2013, nobody saw them losing to MSU with out their starting quarterback while OSU was at home in 2015, nobody saw them losing to Penn State in 2016. I specifically said I didn’t think Wisconsin was the best team in the conference but had the best shot at making the CCG. But of course you get all upset because you want to homer it up and act like the East is just as easy as the West.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they are absolutely the favorite to win. I’m stating that the West has no one to compete with Wisconsin. Ohio State has to compete with Penn State, Michigan State (both on the road), and Michigan could be in the mix even as just a spoiler. Should Ohio State win, yes, but they have a severely more difficult road to get there.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is interesting right there. If asked how many B1G Championships does tOSU have since 2010, I'll bet that 8 out of 10 non B1G followers would answer more than two...and probably closer to five. Hell, some B1G followers would probably get it wrong too.

Talk about hype and perception not equalling reality..............
They’ve had the best team most years but they have managed to lose games to the team that prevents them from winning the conference. Had to give back the shared title in 2010 for lying and cheating, 2011 they were brutally bad, 2012 they were sanctioned, Michigan State in 2013 and 15, Penn State in 2016.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea. Nobody saw them losing to MSU in 2013, nobody saw them losing to MSU with out their starting quarterback while OSU was at home in 2015, nobody saw them losing to Penn State in 2016. I specifically said I didn’t think Wisconsin was the best team in the conference but had the best shot at making the CCG. But of course you get all upset because you want to homer it up and act like the East is just as easy as the West.
So what I'm hearing is you're only looking at a few games in the past to guess what would happen this year, even though OSU has lost fewer B1G games than any other team since 2012.

And no, you didn't say Wisconsin had the best shot at making the CCG. You said they have the best shot at winning the conference, two very different things. Wisconsin hasn't won the conference since 2012, a year they had no business being there but both PSU and OSU had postseason bans.

And no, I didn't get upset or homer anything up. I merely proved that you use retarded logic. I also pointed out that the East is significantly tougher than the West, so why do you have to lie?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason B1G champ prediction will be Ohio State every year as long as Urban is there.

Sparty is always a possibility, but nobody picks them in the preseason.

I'd agree about OSU. If it wasn't for all the other stuff, I might tend to agree
about MSU. (That guy can coach)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what I'm hearing is you're only looking at a few games in the past to guess what would happen this year, even though OSU has lost fewer B1G games than any other team since 2012.

And no, you didn't say Wisconsin had the best shot at making the CCG. You said they have the best shot at winning the conference, two very different things. Wisconsin hasn't won the conference since 2012, a year they had no business being there but both PSU and OSU had postseason bans.

And no, I didn't get upset or homer anything up. I merely proved that you use retarded logic. I also pointed out that the East is significantly tougher than the West, so why do you have to lie?
Did you read the second sentence? Probably not because you Homer it up and rage.
Not because I think they are the best team but they have the easiest path to the conference championship game
If Ohio State is so far superior to the entire conference and a God amongst ants, why is it they only won the conference twice since 2010? Obviously nobody can even compete with the mighty Ohio State, why do they even bother playing the games, right? Who has a better shot at making the conference championship game? Wisconsin or Ohio State? The first step to winning the conference is making it to the conference championship game. The fact of the matter is, despite what your homer brain wants to admit, Ohio State has choked away a conference game 4 out of the last 5 years and three times it has prevented them from winning the conference.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Patterson is eligible — UM. If he isn’t — OSU.