• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the West sucks and the East is actually good but you are hellbent on telling everyone how bad their team sucks.
Wisconsin had several close calls in B1G play last year. They barely got by NW. Had they lost that game, NW goes to the CCG. They also barely got past Purdue and even Illinois. It wouldn't shock me at all if they lost a couple conference games in 2018. They travel to Iowa, michigan, Northwestern, and Penn State. There's no guarantee whatsoever that they win the division, but you refuse to believe it couldn't happen. Yet you keep ripping on me for providing detailed analysis of the teams in the East and why I think OSU will win.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Ohio State on paper is the best team in the B1G going into next season. But anything can happen. I’m not going to put anything in your face because I expect the buckeyes to win the B1Gcc.
Oh of course anything can happen. I've never said it's a guarantee OSU wins. However, I think we're actually a better team than the 2017 version that did win the conference. That's been my stance this entire time. If michigan gets Patterson eligible though, it will definitely make things interesting.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin had several close calls in B1G play last year. They barely got by NW. Had they lost that game, NW goes to the CCG. They also barely got past Purdue and even Illinois. It wouldn't shock me at all if they lost a couple conference games in 2018. They travel to Iowa, michigan, Northwestern, and Penn State. There's no guarantee whatsoever that they win the division, but you refuse to believe it couldn't happen. Yet you keep ripping on me for providing detailed analysis of the teams in the East and why I think OSU will win.
Because you say how no one has a chance of beating you then you cry when you get called out on it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you say how no one has a chance of beating you then you cry when you get called out on it.
When have I ever said nobody has a chance to beat us?!?! See, you keep lying and I'm not sure why.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the race is still between the five schools -- Wisconsin, PSU, OSU, MSU and Mich. Wisconsin is basically a shoe-in for the West and then the four teams will, once again, battle in the East.

I voted Michigan (obviously) but let's all be honest here. OSU seems to be loaded and that QB who came in during the Michigan game looked better than Barrett.

To add, Michigan and Penn State have the unlucky fortune of having Wisconsin as a cross over game. OSU misses any team with a pulse from the West. No Iowa and no Wisconsin on their schedule.

My actual prediction on how the east settles next year is

1. OSU
2. Mich
3. MSU
4. PSU

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the race is still between the five schools -- Wisconsin, PSU, OSU, MSU and Mich. Wisconsin is basically a shoe-in for the West and then the four teams will, once again, battle in the East.

I voted Michigan (obviously) but let's all be honest here. OSU seems to be loaded and that QB who came in during the Michigan game looked better than Barrett.

To add, Michigan and Penn State have the unlucky fortune of having Wisconsin as a cross over game. OSU misses any team with a pulse from the West. No Iowa and no Wisconsin on their schedule.

My actual prediction on how the east settles next year is

1. OSU
2. Mich
3. MSU
4. PSU
I don't see Wisconsin as a shoe-in for the West. They won it by 2 games last year, and teams like Purdue and Nebraska are on the rise. They were fortunate to beat Purdue and NW last year, and their road schedule this season is daunting. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they wound up 7-2 or maybe even 6-3.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh of course anything can happen. I've never said it's a guarantee OSU wins. However, I think we're actually a better team than the 2017 version that did win the conference. That's been my stance this entire time. If michigan gets Patterson eligible though, it will definitely make things interesting.

Did I say you said you garunteed it? No, I didn’t.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa>Gary
Young>Winovich

Now Chase Young is better than Winovich? Amazing that OSU has bench players already better than guys who had 73 tackles, 19 TFL and 8.5 sacks last year.

Brings me back to my comment from before — OSU should petition the NCAA to field two teams, as their backups are better than the starters.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Wisconsin as a shoe-in for the West. They won it by 2 games last year, and teams like Purdue and Nebraska are on the rise. They were fortunate to beat Purdue and NW last year, and their road schedule this season is daunting. I wouldn't be shocked at all if they wound up 7-2 or maybe even 6-3.
I'll believe it when I see it. Nebraska still has MAJOR issues in the talent department and Purdue is still Purdue. I think the only team capable is Iowa, who's always up and down. They're still just playing to see who will lose to the East in the title game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I said I would take our LBs. I've given plenty of credit to your LBs but I don't think they're overall as good as ours. It's nice that you have two good ones. Then who do you have? Our unit as a whole is just better.

2. I didn't say our CBs were better. In fact, I believe I said I'd take michigan's secondary.

3. Our DEs are better. Bosa was the highest rated DE according to Pro Football Focus. There's a reason he's projected as a top 3 pick while Winovich isn't. You're insane and would never get any non-michigan fan to say they'd take Winovich over Bosa. Not a chance in the world.

We literally aren't replacing our entire defense, so you're wrong. We bring back tons of talent. How can you be so ignorant as to think OSU isn't going to do that? It's what we've done now for the past how many years, yet you think suddenly we're going to struggle. We're on Alabama's level in regards to putting players in the league, reloading, putting those kids into the league, and reloading again. Barrett started the year garbage, came along and was being touted as top 5 for the Heisman at that point - not by me, by the experts. Do you know that, after week 9 of the season, Barrett was tied for the nation's lead in TD passes and was top 5 in QBR? Gee, why would I have thought he was top 5 in the Heisman voting at the time? Hmm...

I do believe Haskins is the best QB in the B1G, and it'll be proven by the end of the year. McSorley is the only one who really is a challenger, and he lost 5 of his top 6 pass catchers and his do-everything RB. Haskins is in his 3rd year in the program, has talent for days, and when he was called on late in the year on a whim, he came in against your elite defense and worked them over (and don't give me that "gameplan" bullshit excuse. If you want to say your defense is elite, you'd better be able to expect them to shut down a RS Freshman who gets thrown into a game suddenly).

1. The B1G that named Bush and Hudson All-B1G thought UM’s LB’s were better, so did the all American team Bush was named to. We lose McCrary and have top 75 recruit Drew Singleton, top 100 recruit Jordan Anthony, as well as top 200 recruit Josh Ross for pick as a replacement. But you are right — top 375 tuf McFarland and top 700 Malik Harrison are way better.:L

2. If you said you’d take UM’s secondary — I must have missed it. If so, I take it back.

3. And for the LAST TIME — I didn’t compare Winovich to Bosa, even though Winovich had more solo tackles than Bosa had total tackles. I said UM has a top 10 NFL pick with Gary and Winovich who could have left and been drafted in the first 2-3 rounds. Both put up huge numbers last year and they are coming back. Against OSU — they combined for 19 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

And it doesn’t surprise me you’d say that about Haskins. May as well hand him the Heisman.:L Who will get the blame though when he struggles? Can’t be the OC, you changed that. Can’t be the WR’s, you already said you return a ton of talent. Because it WILL happen.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yall gonna have a frosty ass after next year
It would be nice if Nebraska was good. The West is just so bad and (like this year) when teams don't have Wisconsin on their schedule (OSU) it makes for a much easier path through the B10 than teams who do.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That says a lot considering Wisconsin plays in the far shittier division.

OSU played their way into it in 2012 but couldn't play because of the postseason ban. They also only missed out in 2016 because michigan was upset by Iowa. OSU has, by far, been the most consistently good team in the B1G since Meyer got there. Predicting them to make it this year with an arguably better team than 2017 is a pretty safe bet.
Lol. Why does that matter? They still missed out fair and square.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Chase Young is better than Winovich? Amazing that OSU has bench players already better than guys who had 73 tackles, 19 TFL and 8.5 sacks last year.

Brings me back to my comment from before — OSU should petition the NCAA to field two teams, as their backups are better than the starters.
Fine. Have your opinion. As a rotational player (5th in the pecking order at DE) and true freshman who didn't even play in 5 games, Young had 18 tackles, 3.5 sacks, and a FF. He's an absolute freak and elite talent. Again, there's a reason he's being touted as a potential #1 overall pick while Winovich would be lucky to crack the 2nd round.

Tell me this - After Gary's freshman year, would you rather have had him or Tyquan Lewis? Lewis was the 2016 B1G Defensive Lineman of the Year, but I'd guarantee you'd have rather had Gary on your line last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll believe it when I see it. Nebraska still has MAJOR issues in the talent department and Purdue is still Purdue. I think the only team capable is Iowa, who's always up and down. They're still just playing to see who will lose to the East in the title game.
Fair points. I don't think it's far-fetched to think that Nebraska or Purdue could pull the upset, especially Purdue. Hell, they only lost last year by 8 and that game was in Madison. You're right though, the East is likely going to produce the conference champ again in 2018.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The B1G that named Bush and Hudson All-B1G thought UM’s LB’s were better, so did the all American team Bush was named to. We lose McCrary and have top 75 recruit Drew Singleton, top 100 recruit Jordan Anthony, as well as top 200 recruit Josh Ross for pick as a replacement. But you are right — top 375 tuf McFarland and top 700 Malik Harrison are way better.:L

2. If you said you’d take UM’s secondary — I must have missed it. If so, I take it back.

3. And for the LAST TIME — I didn’t compare Winovich to Bosa, even though Winovich had more solo tackles than Bosa had total tackles. I said UM has a top 10 NFL pick with Gary and Winovich who could have left and been drafted in the first 2-3 rounds. Both put up huge numbers last year and they are coming back. Against OSU — they combined for 19 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

And it doesn’t surprise me you’d say that about Haskins. May as well hand him the Heisman.:L Who will get the blame though when he struggles? Can’t be the OC, you changed that. Can’t be the WR’s, you already said you return a ton of talent. Because it WILL happen.
Maybe. All I know is he'll be in his 3rd year with the program and is our best pure passing talent in well over a decade. You have no information to back up your assertion that he's going to struggle for the year. In fact, as a michigan fan, you should be respecting his game as much as anyone.