• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. All I know is he'll be in his 3rd year with the program and is our best pure passing talent in well over a decade. You have no information to back up your assertion that he's going to struggle for the year. In fact, as a michigan fan, you should be respecting his game as much as anyone.

1. I missed your response on how OSU has the more talented LB’s. You skipped over that when I pointed out McFarland and Harrison’s recruiting rankings?

2. You said you rather have UM’s, so I agree:suds:

3. NOWHERE did I say he will struggle for an entire year. I said he will struggle at times when he takes over at starter. Everyone does. Defenses will get film and find ways to take away throws he likes to make and find pressure packages to hurry him and he will struggle. It is inevitable. It is the adjustments they make in return.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I ever said nobody has a chance to beat us?!?! See, you keep lying and I'm not sure why.
Great. Good for you and your team. I'm taking ours, because I know the talent we have and I know the development curve at Ohio State is better than arguably anyone in the nation. In case you haven't noticed, we're a fucking factory for defensive talent, it's kind of what we do. Sitting here acting like losing a few guys on defense is going to cripple us is pretty short-sighted on your part. We were better last year from an efficiency standpoint, it is what it is. In 2018, I'm taking our DL over yours (3 likely first round picks reside on our line in 2018, not so much for michigan). I'm taking our LBs and I'm taking your DBs - for now. It's no wonder your DBs were supposedly so good, the best passing QB you faced all season by a landslide was Trace McSorley, other than when Haskins came in.

So you're telling me it's 100% impossible for a player to start over another player, and the following year the backup has a much better season than the starter the year before? See: Chris Leak/Tim Tebow. If I were you, I'd want to face Barrett 100% over Haskins. He has what it takes to beat you, that much is clear.

"A chance to win the game". Just a warmed over version of "The spot was bad". Keep on coming up with more rhetoric and bullshit. Fact is, OSU is better than michigan until your team proves otherwise. There's 0 reason to think michigan is going to come into the Shoe and beat OSU in 2018.
So you aren’t saying that Michigan State and Michigan have no shot to beat you? You are just saying they can’t win.

It’s like saying “no honey, I didn’t cheat on you, I just stuck my dick in another woman. Totally different.”

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I missed your response on how OSU has the more talented LB’s. You skipped over that when I pointed out McFarland and Harrison’s recruiting rankings?

2. You said you rather have UM’s, so I agree:suds:

3. NOWHERE did I say he will struggle for an entire year. I said he will struggle at times when he takes over at starter. Everyone does. Defenses will get film and find ways to take away throws he likes to make and find pressure packages to hurry him and he will struggle. It is inevitable. It is the adjustments they make in return.
1. So now it's just the recruiting rankings that matter? Are you honestly saying OSU doesn't know how to take lower-rated players and turn them into studs? Do the names Darron Lee or Malik Hooker ring a bell? Please. Neither Borland nor Harrison began starting until later in the season (Harrison wasn't even a FT starter at all), and they combined for 95 tackles on the year. Again, OSU produces studs on defense. This never fails.

2. OK

3. Yes, I'm aware he'll struggle. Every QB does. All of what you're saying is evident to me. I've never said he's going to come out and destroy every team we face. I said I believe in his potential. He showed his talent and skillset plenty last year. Honestly, I'd rather have him than any QB on michigan's roster, Patterson included.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you aren’t saying that Michigan State and Michigan have no shot to beat you? You are just saying they can’t win.

It’s like saying “no honey, I didn’t cheat on you, I just stuck my dick in another woman. Totally different.”
No. I said right now there's no reason to think michigan is going to come in to Columbus and walk away with a win. I said last year there was no reason to think Iowa would beat us. Yes, obviously anything can happen. However, are you telling me before the game tat you honestly thought Iowa was going to win last year?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I said right now there's no reason to think michigan is going to come in to Columbus and walk away with a win. I said last year there was no reason to think Iowa would beat us. Yes, obviously anything can happen. However, are you telling me before the game tat you honestly thought Iowa was going to win last year?
No, I didn’t, which is why I said that I didn’t know who would beat Ohio State to keep them out of the conference championship game, and started throwing a hissy fit expecting a 100 page dissertation on each team that would beat Ohio State. I stated nobody saw PSU beating you in 2016 and MSU without their QB in Columbus in 2015 and you said well you can’t look at specific games like that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meeeechegan w/ 11 votes.:pound:Colorado has a better chance of winning the 12 Pac than the wolvereeeens have of winning the BigTen.

harbz.0.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn’t, which is why I said that I didn’t know who would beat Ohio State to keep them out of the conference championship game, and started throwing a hissy fit expecting a 100 page dissertation on each team that would beat Ohio State. I stated nobody saw PSU beating you in 2016 and MSU without their QB in Columbus in 2015 and you said well you can’t look at specific games like that.
Wow. So offering a few lines of insight is all of the sudden a 100 page dissertation? More drama. No surprise.

Upsets happen. I've never once said OSU has 0 chance of being upset during the year. Guess what? So does every single other team. You going to tell me you saw Penn State losing to Michigan State this year? How about Michigan State losing to Nebraska in 2015, or michigan getting upset by Iowa in 2016? You focus only on OSU being upset, though, because you've obviously got a vendetta against the Buckeyes. No matter, join the crowd. The only thing that matters is, to this point, you haven't presented a single argument for any team other than "well anything can happen and OSU has lost before". Good talk.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State barely got by Wisconsin
Eh, I guess. When Barrett is leaving 3 TD passes on the field with his awful touch and gift-wrapping INTs on some of the most awful throws I've ever seen, and we still manage to win, I'd say it wasn't as close as the score would suggest.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATF: I don’t know who is going to beat Ohio State. They have an easy path to the CCG. Way easier than Wisconsin.

Everyone Else: Well PSU could got them it’s in Happy Valley, MSU could get them it’s in East Lansing and they return a fair amount of talent, UM could get them if they find a qb with what they return.

ATF: PSU lost too much talent. MSU has a mess with what’s happening there. UM is terrible on offense and it’s at the shoe.

Everyone Else: So you think no ones beating Ohio State.

ATF: I NEVER SAID THAT. WHY MUST YOU LIE?

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I guess. When Barrett is leaving 3 TD passes on the field with his awful touch and gift-wrapping INTs on some of the most awful throws I've ever seen, and we still manage to win, I'd say it wasn't as close as the score would suggest.

Same thing for the Northwestern game. 31-10 with 10 minutes to play

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. So now it's just the recruiting rankings that matter? Are you honestly saying OSU doesn't know how to take lower-rated players and turn them into studs? Do the names Darron Lee or Malik Hooker ring a bell? Please. Neither Borland nor Harrison began starting until later in the season (Harrison wasn't even a FT starter at all), and they combined for 95 tackles on the year. Again, OSU produces studs on defense. This never fails.

2. OK

3. Yes, I'm aware he'll struggle. Every QB does. All of what you're saying is evident to me. I've never said he's going to come out and destroy every team we face. I said I believe in his potential. He showed his talent and skillset plenty last year. Honestly, I'd rather have him than any QB on michigan's roster, Patterson included.

1. I mentioned their recruiting rankings, since the fact Bush and Hudson combined for 175 tackles, 27 TFL, 13 sacks, 3 interceptions and 16 pass defensed last year wasn’t good enough. And neither is the fact they have Drew Singleton, Jordan Anthony, Cameron McGrone (all were top 100 recruits) and Josh Ross (a top 200 recruit, whose brother was a starter for UM) as a replacement for McCrary.

2. Glad we agree.

3. Yeah — who’d want the #1 ranked QB coming out of high school that averaged 300+ yards passing in the SEC? Also, the NFL disagrees with you too — many mock Patterson as a top 10 pick next year. But you are probably right — Haskins is the best QB — he has thrown over FIFTY passes. Put him on the Heisman watch list.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah — poor OSU. How’d you get by with the B1G’s all time leader in basically every offensive category for a QB. If I were Barrett — I’d be saying good riddance to Columbus if this is how OSU fans talk about Barrett. They lose and it is Barrett’s fault. They win and it is Barrett’s fault they didn’t win by enough. Good thing OSU was sitting the best QB in the conference the last two years. :behindsofa:

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. Yeah — who’d want the #1 ranked QB coming out of high school that averaged 300+ yards passing in the SEC? Also, the NFL disagrees with you too — many mock Patterson as a top 10 pick next year.
Wasn't impressed in the least from what I saw of Patterson against a good D in Bama. Hell, Hurts outplayed Patterson in every aspect that game. If he's gonna be a top 10 pick he's gonna have to get a hell of a lot better. Bama's D was probably the best he saw this season but they're no NFL D.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I mentioned their recruiting rankings, since the fact Bush and Hudson combined for 175 tackles, 27 TFL, 13 sacks, 3 interceptions and 16 pass defensed last year wasn’t good enough. And neither is the fact they have Drew Singleton, Jordan Anthony, Cameron McGrone (all were top 100 recruits) and Josh Ross (a top 200 recruit, whose brother was a starter for UM) as a replacement for McCrary.

2. Glad we agree.

3. Yeah — who’d want the #1 ranked QB coming out of high school that averaged 300+ yards passing in the SEC? Also, the NFL disagrees with you too — many mock Patterson as a top 10 pick next year. But you are probably right — Haskins is the best QB — he has thrown over FIFTY passes. Put him on the Heisman watch list.
1. Actually only Singleton was top 100. I can't even find who Cameron McGrone is. Transfer? At any rate, that's fine. Again, OSU has a significantly better track record of producing LB talent, so I'm sticking with our unit. Borland played great against you guys, and Harrison is in the Lee/Shazier mold as an uber-athletic rangy LB that we develop better than anyone in the nation. And if you want to talk recruiting stars, Browning was a 5* and the top LB in the 2017 class, Keandre Jones was a 4* top 100 player, and Justin Hilliard was a 5* LB. Borland and Harrison are likely to start over both Jones and Hilliard, so I'm happy with them.

2. blech. I don't like it, but we'll see how they pan out. Okudah and Shawn Wade were both 5* recruits and were the #1/2 CBs in the 2017 class. As usual, we're overflowing with talent in the secondary.

3. Patterson is a stud, don't get me wrong. He's also coming from a different sort of offense at Ole Miss to what he'll play in at michigan. Haskins knows Urban's offense and has shown he can execute at a high level in it. I think Patterson might be more athletic and have better feet, but Haskins is the better passer.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah — poor OSU. How’d you get by with the B1G’s all time leader in basically every offensive category for a QB. If I were Barrett — I’d be saying good riddance to Columbus if this is how OSU fans talk about Barrett. They lose and it is Barrett’s fault. They win and it is Barrett’s fault they didn’t win by enough. Good thing OSU was sitting the best QB in the conference the last two years. :behindsofa:
He played at Ohio State for 9 years, he'd better own some damn records.

If you don't believe me, go back and rewatch the Wisconsin game. His first TD was a decent throw but McLaurin was barely able to catch up to it. His second TD was just a screen that Campbell took to the house with his running ability. 3 other times, Barrett had guys WIDE open for TDs and didn't have the touch to hit them. I'm grateful for his time in Columbus, don't get me wrong. He's responsible for some of the best wins we've had, but it's time for a change. His style of play isn't going to win a title.