• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played at Ohio State for 9 years, he'd better own some damn records.

If you don't believe me, go back and rewatch the Wisconsin game. His first TD was a decent throw but McLaurin was barely able to catch up to it. His second TD was just a screen that Campbell took to the house with his running ability. 3 other times, Barrett had guys WIDE open for TDs and didn't have the touch to hit them. I'm grateful for his time in Columbus, don't get me wrong. He's responsible for some of the best wins we've had, but it's time for a change. His style of play isn't going to win a title.

He only allowed 14 of the 55 points to Iowa that cost you a chance last year

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played at Ohio State for 9 years, he'd better own some damn records.

If you don't believe me, go back and rewatch the Wisconsin game. His first TD was a decent throw but McLaurin was barely able to catch up to it. His second TD was just a screen that Campbell took to the house with his running ability. 3 other times, Barrett had guys WIDE open for TDs and didn't have the touch to hit them. I'm grateful for his time in Columbus, don't get me wrong. He's responsible for some of the best wins we've had, but it's time for a change. His style of play isn't going to win a title.

Yes.. the other QBs fit better into what Wilson and Day want to do. There are going to be some butthurt Ohio State haters next year.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Actually only Singleton was top 100. I can't even find who Cameron McGrone is. Transfer? At any rate, that's fine. Again, OSU has a significantly better track record of producing LB talent, so I'm sticking with our unit. Borland played great against you guys, and Harrison is in the Lee/Shazier mold as an uber-athletic rangy LB that we develop better than anyone in the nation. And if you want to talk recruiting stars, Browning was a 5* and the top LB in the 2017 class, Keandre Jones was a 4* top 100 player, and Justin Hilliard was a 5* LB. Borland and Harrison are likely to start over both Jones and Hilliard, so I'm happy with them.

2. blech. I don't like it, but we'll see how they pan out. Okudah and Shawn Wade were both 5* recruits and were the #1/2 CBs in the 2017 class. As usual, we're overflowing with talent in the secondary.

3. Patterson is a stud, don't get me wrong. He's also coming from a different sort of offense at Ole Miss to what he'll play in at michigan. Haskins knows Urban's offense and has shown he can execute at a high level in it. I think Patterson might be more athletic and have better feet, but Haskins is the better passer.

1. Cameron McGrone will be a true freshman next year — he was rated a 5 star recruit by 247 individually (24th ranked overall) and 110 in the composite. Jordan Anthony was 106th. So they weren’t as highly regarded as McFarland and Harrison:L. And the guy the coaching staff said walked onto campus with a CFB body and ready to play was Ross, who was the lowest ranked out of the 4.

2. I’ll take proven talent all day long.

3. Once again — he has thrown 50 passes total and not one against a defense that game planned for him. Yet you are calling him the best QB in the B1G. That’s why you’ve had people calling you out in this thread.

Will OSU be a top team again? Of course. You return some very good players at skill positions and a few on defense. Before announcing them as the best at every position on the field. Wait til them have done something.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.. the other QBs fit better into what Wilson and Day want to do. There are going to be some butthurt Ohio State haters next year.

What would there to be butt hurt about? I’d rather face a passing QB 100 times out of 100 than a running QB, who can also throw.

There is a reason Haskins sat behind Barrett. He wasn’t better than Barrett.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’d imagine the opposite is true in that last statement if Ohio st loses 3+ games, Hilary.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cameron McGrone will be a true freshman next year — he was rated a 5 star recruit by 247 individually (24th ranked overall) and 110 in the composite. Jordan Anthony was 106th. So they weren’t as highly regarded as McFarland and Harrison:L. And the guy the coaching staff said walked onto campus with a CFB body and ready to play was Ross, who was the lowest ranked out of the 4.

2. I’ll take proven talent all day long.

3. Once again — he has thrown 50 passes total and not one against a defense that game planned for him. Yet you are calling him the best QB in the B1G. That’s why you’ve had people calling you out in this thread.

Will OSU be a top team again? Of course. You return some very good players at skill positions and a few on defense. Before announcing them as the best at every position on the field. Wait til them have done something.
1. Cool. Not sure who McFarland is though. Anyhow, I'm going with our guys. Harrison, Borland, Jones, Browning, Booker, Werner, then our own stud true freshmen Gant, Pope, and Mitchell (who is ranked higher than McGrone, BTW).

2. We'll see. Haskins sure didn't struggle against them, that much is for sure.

3. Here's where we have our disconnect - I do not care about being called out. I watched JT Barrett sling it all over the B1G in 2014 as a RS Freshman, and then again last year. It's what happens when Urban has a competent OC and QB coach to help develop his guys. Wilson and Day are about as highly regarded at those two spots as one can be, and they're both back next year, and now they have a guy who is a much better passer than Barrett. He's throwing to experienced, proven weapons with two beasts in the backfield to help him out. If you, or any other B1G fan on here, could say that about your team, you would be doing the same damn thing I am.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would there to be butt hurt about? I’d rather face a passing QB 100 times out of 100 than a running QB, who can also throw.

LOL did you actually watch The Game last year??

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haskins can do both. Do really need to name all the backups that turned out be stars.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins can do both. Do really need to name all the backups that turned out be stars.
Evidently all that needs to be done is to have the defense gameplan for Haskins and that completely neutralizes him, according to @TrustMeIamRight so I guess they won't have anything to worry about.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently all that needs to be done is to have the defense gameplan for Haskins and that completely neutralizes him, according to @TrustMeIamRight so I guess they won't have anything to worry about.

It sounds no more rediculous then you claiming Haskins to be the best QB in the B1G because of his quarter and a half performance in Michigan.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds no more rediculous then you claiming Haskins to be the best QB in the B1G because of his quarter and a half performance in Michigan.
That's not why I think he's the best QB in the B1G. It's got to do with his overall skillset along with his performances last year. Not only that, but his only real competition is McSorley, who I think will take a step back. He's losing his All-American RB and 5 of his top 6 pass catchers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

‘Turned out to be’ is the key phrase. Announcing him as the best QB in the B1G is ridiculous right now, as a certain OSU fan has done. Has a chance to be, could become, has the talent to be — those are phrases used to describe a player who hasn’t started a single game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not why I think he's the best QB in the B1G. It's got to do with his overall skillset along with his performances last year. Not only that, but his only real competition is McSorley, who I think will take a step back. He's losing his All-American RB and 5 of his top 6 pass catchers.

He didn’t start a single game and threw 50 passes total? McSorley and Lewerke have single games they threw for 400 yards and both can run. Haskins has 500 yards total. If Patterson is eligible — he AVERAGED 300+ yards passing a game and can run.

You need to stop reading the fluff pieces on OSU sites where every player is the greatest CFB they’ve seen since the last guy they wrote a piece about. Let the guy actually start ONE game before you crown him the best QB in CFB.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haskins has never started a game for Ohio State. You dubbing him the best qb in B1G regardless of his skill set is still rediculous. He may not even be the best QB in his division considering PSU and MSU return both their decently producing qbs and Michigan has potential to start the kid from OLE MISS that was very effective. Right now, in no one way shape or form is Haskins the best qb in the B1G. Not saying he won’t be by seasons end but now is rediculous.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know the guy he sat behind for two years? Let me know if you can remember a few games where defensive game plans caused him to struggle.

I know Meyer sat the best QB in CFB for two years, because Barrett was older, not better:L

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL did you actually watch The Game last year??

If that’s the case — I’m glad you agree that Gary and Winovich are light years better Bosa and Young, because in ‘the game’ — they had 19 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

If Haskins is the best QB for playing a half of game — Gary and Winovich May be the best DE duo of all time, because they played the whole game.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU, with the help of the rest of the East division to hurt OSUs chances however needed.