• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t start a single game and threw 50 passes total? McSorley and Lewerke have single games they threw for 400 yards and both can run. Haskins has 500 yards total. If Patterson is eligible — he AVERAGED 300+ yards passing a game and can run.

You need to stop reading the fluff pieces on OSU sites where every player is the greatest CFB they’ve seen since the last guy they wrote a piece about. Let the guy actually start ONE game before you crown him the best QB in CFB.
Well, I've never said he was the best QB in CFB. Please stop being dramatic and saying things that aren't true.

Also, if you're telling me right now you'd take Lewerke over Haskins, be my guest. Lewerke is a decent at best QB. I watched him face Ohio State and he looked like absolute garbage. Worse than Barrett vs. Iowa.

I'm not reading fluff pieces. I've been touting him since the start of last season. I don't have to change my narrative just because you don't know anything about the guy. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, with all that he's going to have at his disposal at RB/WR, he will be the best QB in the B1G. People didn't know anything about Barrett in 2014 and all he did was break conference QB records. Haskins is a better passing talent than Barrett, so why wouldn't I think he's capable of putting up those kind of numbers in his 3rd year in the program?

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently all that needs to be done is to have the defense gameplan for Haskins and that completely neutralizes him, according to @TrustMeIamRight so I guess they won't have anything to worry about.

I guess my prediction of Ohio State having a top ten offense in the country (P5) must be very ridiculous.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haskins has never started a game for Ohio State. You dubbing him the best qb in B1G regardless of his skill set is still rediculous. He may not even be the best QB in his division considering PSU and MSU return both their decently producing qbs and Michigan has potential to start the kid from OLE MISS that was very effective. Right now, in no one way shape or form is Haskins the best qb in the B1G. Not saying he won’t be by seasons end but now is rediculous.
Yes, and I'm talking about season's end. If you gave me the option of having Lewerke, McSorley, or Haskins this year, I'm taking Haskins without a moment of hesitation. Patterson is an elite talent as well, but I think it will take him a while to get acclimated, since he's learning an entirely new offense and working with an entirely new cast of players. Haskins will be in his 3rd year with experienced WRs and two RBs with 1,000 yard seasons under their belts.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the guy he sat behind for two years? Let me know if you can remember a few games where defensive game plans caused him to struggle.

I know Meyer sat the best QB in CFB for two years, because Barrett was older, not better:L
Please stop lying. Again, I've never called him the best QB in CFB. Meyer was going to start Braxton Miller over Barrett in 2014 before Braxton got hurt. He goes with experience first, like most coaches. Notice Tua didn't get real game action until the 2nd half of the final game? Now it's his team. Jesus man, this situation occurs in college football all the time, why are you acting like you have no idea what's going on?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that’s the case — I’m glad you agree that Gary and Winovich are light years better Bosa and Young, because in ‘the game’ — they had 19 tackles and 3.5 sacks.

If Haskins is the best QB for playing a half of game — Gary and Winovich May be the best DE duo of all time, because they played the whole game.
LOL you dipshit. You're comparing guys who started for the entire year to a guy that was thrown into the fire against what you've even said was an elite defense, on the road, trailing in the game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and OSU losing...
Even with OSU losing, it wouldn't have been enough. It just is what it is. Both teams needed michigan to get upset in order to make the CCG. Nothing you say changes that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tallest midget?:noidea:
Really? One B1G QB is getting ready to win his 7th Super Bowl while another B1G QB is about to become the highest paid player in NFL history. Pretty good pedigree for a conference.

Now if only OSU could join the party...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with OSU losing, it wouldn't have been enough. It just is what it is. Both teams needed michigan to get upset in order to make the CCG. Nothing you say changes that.

You also needed PSU to get upset by MSU this year...

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? One B1G QB is getting ready to win his 7th Super Bowl while another B1G QB is about to become the highest paid player in NFL history. Pretty good pedigree for a conference.

Now if only OSU could join the party...
I was talking about right now! Not historically. Drew Brees is good too but he hasn't been in the B1G recently either.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about right now! Not historically. Drew Brees is good too but he hasn't been in the B1G recently either.
Cousins and Russell Wilson are recent. Yes, Brady and Brees have been out for just a little while though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I've never said he was the best QB in CFB. Please stop being dramatic and saying things that aren't true.

Also, if you're telling me right now you'd take Lewerke over Haskins, be my guest. Lewerke is a decent at best QB. I watched him face Ohio State and he looked like absolute garbage. Worse than Barrett vs. Iowa.

I'm not reading fluff pieces. I've been touting him since the start of last season. I don't have to change my narrative just because you don't know anything about the guy. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. However, with all that he's going to have at his disposal at RB/WR, he will be the best QB in the B1G. People didn't know anything about Barrett in 2014 and all he did was break conference QB records. Haskins is a better passing talent than Barrett, so why wouldn't I think he's capable of putting up those kind of numbers in his 3rd year in the program?

Because he has never started a game and OSU, contrary to your beliefs, does not have the talent at WR they had in the past. Did you forget when I told you this, you argued with me and said just wait, Bin Victor is the best WR on the team — wait till he gets in the field, with Wilson-at OC they will Put up numbers like those past teams. Victor had 300 yards receiving on the year in 14 games.

The guy has started the same amount games in CFB as you have, yet you are crowning him the best in the BIG. It is ridiculous.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please stop lying. Again, I've never called him the best QB in CFB. Meyer was going to start Braxton Miller over Barrett in 2014 before Braxton got hurt. He goes with experience first, like most coaches. Notice Tua didn't get real game action until the 2nd half of the final game? Now it's his team. Jesus man, this situation occurs in college football all the time, why are you acting like you have no idea what's going on?

Tua will get the same chance Cardale had. He will get pulled as quickly as Cardale if he screws up. That’s if Tua even wins the job in spring training.

And why would Meyer go with experience over a superior talent? Be careful how you answer this one — you have a lot of experience returning in the B1G and it could put a damper on your Haskins being the best QB in the B1G.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he has never started a game and OSU, contrary to your beliefs, does not have the talent at WR they had in the past. Did you forget when I told you this, you argued with me and said just wait, Bin Victor is the best WR on the team — wait till he gets in the field, with Wilson-at OC they will Put up numbers like those past teams. Victor had 300 yards receiving on the year in 14 games.

The guy has started the same amount games in CFB as you have, yet you are crowning him the best in the BIG. It is ridiculous.
Listen to me. Listen very, very carefully: This is my opinion. You've not said anything yet that will change the way I feel. I've laid out the reasons I feel the way I do, and all you can do is say he hasn't played enough. We see 1st year players dominate college football on an annual basis.

Our WRs are loaded. It is the best WR group in the B1G. Victor didn't blow up like I thought he did in the yards department, but that was because we spread the ball around a LOT more than I thought we would. We had 10 guys hit double digits in catches and 7 guys hit 300+ receiving yards. From what I can see, no other top team had that many. What I was right about was that Victor would become a RZ demon, scoring 7 TDs on just 23 catches. I was definitely wrong about Barrett being able to develop a decent deep ball like he had in 2014. Thankfully that won't be the case with Haskins. Oh, and our top 6 receivers return next year. Show me a better WR group in the B1G, I'll wait.

Again, this is my opinion. I've told you now multiple times that you are free to throw this in my face if Haskins comes in next year and struggles. From my view, Meyer knows how to get the most from his QBs. Of all the QBs he's coached, he says Haskins is the best pure passer he's ever seen. Those are not words a coach like Urban uses lightly. Lewerke hardly did anything last year, 2,800 yards/20 TD/7 INT should be easily surpassed by Haskins. With everything McSorely loses, I expect him to take a step back as well.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua will get the same chance Cardale had. He will get pulled as quickly as Cardale if he screws up. That’s if Tua even wins the job in spring training.

And why would Meyer go with experience over a superior talent? Be careful how you answer this one — you have a lot of experience returning in the B1G and it could put a damper on your Haskins being the best QB in the B1G.
As much as I rip on JT and his style of play, the results were there. He was a 3 year starter prior to this year, but more than that, he was the unquestioned leader of the team. That is something that you can't just easily replace.

When I talk about Haskins and Barrett being compared, I've always said - if you go back to 2014 and both Barrett and Haskins are RS Freshmen in August when Braxton went down, Haskins takes over and never looks back. From a pure talent standpoint, he is above Barrett. From an experience and leadership standpoint, however, you're not going to come in and unseat a 3 year starter with multiple school and conference records.

If I was the coach, I would've sat JT against Wisconsin with his knee injury and started Haskins, which very possibly would've led to him starting the Cotton Bowl (would've been hard to play as poorly as JT did that game), but Urban wasn't going to do that to a 5th year player with 4 years starting who was capable of beating Wisconsin and USC - which he did.