• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I 100% can and am. Last year's stats meant nothing because last year was already over when I made the statement.

I mean, I haven't lost anything. Again, you're confused and/or just uneducated. I was right, he's proving me right, these are undeniable facts that you are incapable of combating.

No, you weren’t and now you are getting called out for it. You used a ridiculously biased opinion to tell us at the time (January) Haskins was the best qb in the B1G. I used actual stats aka FACTS to prove you wrong. Now you want to use this years stats that have absolutely nothing to do with what his stats were in January.

You lost, you have no such proof to make an argument for January. Just admit you were wrong and move on.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Double checks to see if Ohio State is on their schedule *. Nope.

I still have Wisconsin.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s like using the logic that the committee made the wrong decision in 2016 because Ohio State got shut out in the playoffs. You have to use the information that was available at that time. At that time we had two quarters of data. It’s like Michigan fans thumping their chests over how great OKorn was because of how he handled Purdue.
Quite a few people felt that way, did they not?

I did use the information that was available. Again, and I've explained this 43895690 times, I wasn't going off of just game experience. I was going off of talent. It wasn't a leap of faith to say that Tua was a better QB than Wilton Speight back in January despite his limited sample size. Clearly he was an elite talent, and when on the field against a high end defense, he performed as an elite QB would. Haskins was no different. Back in January, when the season ended, if you could give me any QB in the B1G at that moment to win a game, I was taking Haskins and it wasn't even a contest. I felt strongly that he was the best QB in the conference then, just as I do now. Again, not the most experienced - the best.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you weren’t and now you are getting called out for it. You used a ridiculously biased opinion to tell us at the time (January) Haskins was the best qb in the B1G. I used actual stats aka FACTS to prove you wrong. Now you want to use this years stats that have absolutely nothing to do with what his stats were in January.

You lost, you have no such proof to make an argument for January. Just admit you were wrong and move on.
None of your facts proved me wrong, dumbass. They proved he wasn't the most experienced. That is literally the only thing they proved. If you can show me otherwise, I'm waiting, because you haven't.

I was right then. I'm right now. It just is what it is.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite a few people felt that way, did they not?

I did use the information that was available. Again, and I've explained this 43895690 times, I wasn't going off of just game experience. I was going off of talent. It wasn't a leap of faith to say that Tua was a better QB than Wilton Speight back in January despite his limited sample size. Clearly he was an elite talent, and when on the field against a high end defense, he performed as an elite QB would. Haskins was no different. Back in January, when the season ended, if you could give me any QB in the B1G at that moment to win a game, I was taking Haskins and it wasn't even a contest. I felt strongly that he was the best QB in the conference then, just as I do now. Again, not the most experienced - the best.
Yes quite a few people felt that way but using facts that were not available to them doesn’t make the logic correct. And it doesn’t surprise me that you would take him over any established quarterback at that time. You are one of the top 5 biggest homers on this board.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes quite a few people felt that way but using facts that were not available to them doesn’t make the logic correct. And it doesn’t surprise me that you would take him over any established quarterback at that time. You are one of the top 5 biggest homers on this board.
Turns out I was right to do so, as he has looked lightyears better than any other QB in the conference. I just knew about it earlier than the rest of you, and you're losing your mind over the fact that I was right.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out I was right to do so, as he has looked lightyears better than any other QB in the conference. I just knew about it earlier than the rest of you, and you're losing your mind over the fact that I was right.
Dude, I am not losing my mind at all. We now have evidence of it, I never said Haskins was not going to be good. I said we have no real tangible evidence of him being a Heisman caliber quarterback like you were claiming at the time.

Funny how when it comes to a quality of a quarterback you need no evidence but beating your wife, if there isn’t video of it happening you don’t believe.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU going to have to play better to beat good teams and be part of this conversation.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I am not losing my mind at all. We now have evidence of it, I never said Haskins was not going to be good. I said we have no real tangible evidence of him being a Heisman caliber quarterback like you were claiming at the time.

Funny how when it comes to a quality of a quarterback you need no evidence but beating your wife, if there isn’t video of it happening you don’t believe.
Well this was peak ignorance on your part, congrats.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this was peak ignorance on your part, congrats.
Sorry it doesn’t live up to your standard of peak ignorance but not everyone can reach your tremendous ignorance.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry it doesn’t live up to your standard of peak ignorance but not everyone can reach your tremendous ignorance.
It does live up to my standard of peak ignorance, and I said just as much. Can you read?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does live up to my standard of peak ignorance, and I said just as much. Can you read?
Your standard. You have set a bar much higher than the rest of us. My peak wouldn’t crack your top ten.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your standard. You have set a bar much higher than the rest of us. My peak wouldn’t crack your top ten.
Yes, it would. You just did. That was just pathetic. Hell, we both have standards that are above that. You can do better and be better.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of your facts proved me wrong, dumbass. They proved he wasn't the most experienced. That is literally the only thing they proved. If you can show me otherwise, I'm waiting, because you haven't.

I was right then. I'm right now. It just is what it is.

Yes they did you simple fucking homer. Using stats is the only verifiable fact you can use when calling someone the best qb in a P5 conference in January. Never mind the fact that he never started a game, you are using your own biased opinion of him then to call him that. I found at least 5 returning qbs that had better stats and actually started a game. That which is FACT.

You were wrong, you lost. I told you I can go all day at this.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading some of the comments all I can say is right now after only 2 games into the season I can't say Haskins is the best QB in the conference. He's gotta lotta talent & has looked damn good so far. But I can't get too excited simply because of who the Buckeyes have played.

If he's the best QB in the BigTen he has a good chance to prove that this weekend against a ranked TCU team on the road.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes they did you simple fucking homer. Using stats is the only verifiable fact you can use when calling someone the best qb in a P5 conference in January. Never mind the fact that he never started a game, you are using your own biased opinion of him then to call him that. I found at least 5 returning qbs that had better stats and actually started a game. That which is FACT.

You were wrong, you lost. I told you I can go all day at this.
Name the 5 starters and show how their stats were better and not just more. Because before this year started, Haskins' career stat line was 40/57, 70% comp, 4 TD/1 INT, and a 174.1 rating, including a massive road comeback against one of the top defenses in the nation.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading some of the comments all I can say is right now after only 2 games into the season I can't say Haskins is the best QB in the conference. He's gotta lotta talent & has looked damn good so far. But I can't get too excited simply because of who the Buckeyes have played.

If he's the best QB in the BigTen he has a good chance to prove that this weekend against a ranked TCU team on the road.
If you were starting a game this evening against Alabama and you could only start a QB from the B1G, who would that QB be?