• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL So who wins the B1G in 2018?

Who wins the B1G in 2018?

• Illinois

• Indiana

• Iowa

• Maryland

• michigan

• Michigan State

• Minnesota

• Nebraska

• Northwestern

• Ohio State

• Penn State

• Purdue

• Rutgers

• Wisconsin

Results are only viewable after voting.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any list that says Hornibrook is better than Haskins is immediately suspect. I would start Tate Martell 100/100 before I trotted that 1 trick pony out of the stable.

Dude this was last years stats. Saying a guy is the number one qb in a P5 when he has 57 attempts is beyond rediculous.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude this was last years stats. Saying a guy is the number one qb in a P5 when he has 57 attempts is beyond rediculous.
Yet it's true.

You honestly put out a QB with 15 TDs and 12 INTs. You literally did exactly what I said you'd do - just put out guys with more experience, not guys who were better. That is all you did. You proved nothing.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that doesn't make them better. Again, I said better, not more. I'd seen all I needed to from Haskins to know he was the best. He's going to make these numbers look pedestrian. LOL he's 6 TDs behind Thorson's entire season TD output through 2 games. The fact that you included several of these guys cements my assertion that I just know more about Haskins - and actually, the B1G in general - than you do.

The assertion that you made is that Haskins is better than everyone of those guys with only 57 attempts and 4 scores. Those were his stats. That is fact. You saying he was the best qb in the B1G in January was your biased opinion.

I have never attempted to say you don’t know more than me about Haskins or the B1G but using actual stats and logic one can deduce pretty easily that Dwayne Haskins wasn’t the best B1G qb in January.

Next, stop pimping out Oregon State and Rutgers (lol) as if they were some adequate defenses. You pumping him up after them would be like me pumping Will Grier up after his performances thus far. Hint, they were bad defense we both played.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet it's true.

You honestly put out a QB with 15 TDs and 12 INTs. You literally did exactly what I said you'd do - just put out guys with more experience, not guys who were better. That is all you did. You proved nothing.

No, I proved Haskins was not the best qb in the B1G in January. That’s exactly what I proved. You have no proof Haskins was better last year except your biased opinion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The assertion that you made is that Haskins is better than everyone of those guys with only 57 attempts and 4 scores. Those were his stats. That is fact. You saying he was the best qb in the B1G in January was your biased opinion.

I have never attempted to say you don’t know more than me about Haskins or the B1G but using actual stats and logic one can deduce pretty easily that Dwayne Haskins wasn’t the best B1G qb in January.

Next, stop pimping out Oregon State and Rutgers (lol) as if they were some adequate defenses. You pumping him up after them would be like me pumping Will Grier up after his performances thus far. Hint, they were bad defense we both played.
So what you're telling me is that, after last year, you would've taken Clayton Thorson over Dwayne Haskins. This means you would've taken Jake Bentley over Tua. That means you would've taken Charlie Brewer over Kyler Murray.

No, using stats you couldn't deduce that. The ONLY thing you could deduce was that he had played less. However, not a single QB put up qualitative numbers that compared to what he did. This is as far as you have been able to get in this discussion.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I proved Haskins was not the best qb in the B1G in January. That’s exactly what I proved. You have no proof Haskins was better last year except your biased opinion.
You have absolutely no proof Haskins wasn't better last year, nor do you have proof he wasn't the best QB in the conference back when I said he was in January. You just don't. You've thrown out stats of mediocre QBs and acted as if they proved your point. You've gotten as far in this conversation as I said you would. Now you're spinning your tires.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're telling me is that, after last year, you would've taken Clayton Thorson over Dwayne Haskins. This means you would've taken Jake Bentley over Tua. That means you would've taken Charlie Brewer over Kyler Murray.

No, using stats you couldn't deduce that. The ONLY thing you could deduce was that he had played less. However, not a single QB put up qualitative numbers that compared to what he did. This is as far as you have been able to get in this discussion.

Using proper tense may have helped. Saying Haskins is the best QB in the B1G in January means a whole different than Haskins will be the best QB in the B1G.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Using proper tense may have helped. Saying Haskins is the best QB in the B1G in January means a whole different than Haskins will be the best QB in the B1G.
Why? Do you think, speaking simply from a place of talent/ability/skill, that he went from being mediocre or average in January to the best in September?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Do you think, speaking simply from a place of talent/ability/skill, that he went from being mediocre or average in January to the best in September?

Are you saying that saying practice and summer camp didn't make him a better qb? There a kid in California that is the best QB in the PAC 12 in 2023.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying that saying practice and summer camp didn't make him a better qb? There a kid in California that is the best QB in the PAC 12 in 2023.
Sure they did, but it's not like all the other QBs didn't have full offseasons to practice as well, no? If the new season started in late January when I made the comment - when we knew who was leaving, who was staying, etc - I think Haskins would've been the best QB in the conference right then and there. Somehow ralphie thinks throwing up mediocre stats that other QBs put up last year somehow prove me wrong in this hypothetical situation.

No matter. I'd say so far, he's proving to be a beast and that's all that matters. From a pure talent standpoint, and also from a next-level ability standpoint, I stand firmly by my belief that he's tops in the conference.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they did, but it's not like all the other QBs didn't have full offseasons to practice as well, no? If the new season started in late January when I made the comment - when we knew who was leaving, who was staying, etc - I think Haskins would've been the best QB in the conference right then and there. Somehow ralphie thinks throwing up mediocre stats that other QBs put up last year somehow prove me wrong in this hypothetical situation.

No matter. I'd say so far, he's proving to be a beast and that's all that matters. From a pure talent standpoint, and also from a next-level ability standpoint, I stand firmly by my belief that he's tops in the conference.

Perhaps. Let's see about 12/10

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude just leave, you aren't even a football fan. It's creepy.

It's who he is, it what he does ... as far as Haskins, I think he belongs in the NFL before the Michigan game. I hate that guy and there is only one reason I hate an ohio state guy (besides just going to ohio state).