• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so tired of the crying by the nba players/coaches

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would dispute that Love was very interested in playing for the Lakers.

Not many anticipated Gilbert handing over the team to James.

So, like I said yesterday, Love was handpicked by James and was willing to see how it goes for a year.
If it works out, he'll stay in Cleveland.

If it doesn't, he'll very likely go to L.A.. (I'm wishing very hard for this option).

So let me get this straight...

When LeBron left the Cavs and HANDPICKED the Heat that was all good right? I doubt any Heat fans wanted him team up w/ Wade & Bosh huh? But when he had the nerve to leave the Heat & return to the Cavs that's an issue?:noidea:

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that.

He will be a UFA next summer and have been told for the last few years (not lately for some reason) by a certain Lakers fan on here that it's no secret Love wants to play back home so expect Kevin in a Lakers jersey.

Just like I was told that Dwight wasn't going to walk away from the extra 30mil the Lakers were going to offer him.
If Love wanted to go play back home wouldn't that put him in a Blazers uni?:scratch:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA players are soft these days. They don't want to play against other top players they would rather team up and create power teams and now they want to play less games. 1st off no way NBA does this be cause they would lose about 800 million + and 2nd I think the players forgot they would lose about 20% of their salary.

NBA is so soft now just like the NFL. NFL has flag football now and the NBA wants an WNBA/college basketball schedule.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow this turned into a LeBron only thread smfh

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So let me get this straight...

When LeBron left the Cavs and HANDPICKED the Heat that was all good right? I doubt any Heat fans wanted him team up w/ Wade & Bosh huh? But when he had the nerve to leave the Heat & return to the Cavs that's an issue?:noidea:

No.....

It's not an issue. That's the new way of the league. I have no problem with it.

I just take issue when people like you say the expectation bar shouldn't be championship or bust.

When you are the best, as James is, and then you hand pick the players you want around you, then the pressure is on to win EVERY season.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.....

It's not an issue. That's the new way of the league. I have no problem with it.

I just take issue when people like you say the expectation bar shouldn't be championship or bust.

When you are the best, as James is, and then you hand pick the players you want around you, then the pressure is on to win EVERY season.

It is an issue to you & you do have a problem w/ it, you just can't admit it. Again I will say that had LeBron stayed in Miami you'd have no issue w/ him. You as a Heat fan at this moment are no different than the Cavs fans when LeBron left to join Miami. Anyway time to end this conversation, no matter what is said you will not change your opinion of LeBron since he left the Heat. That's cool, enjoy the upcoming season!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is an issue to you & you do have a problem w/ it, you just can't admit it. Again I will say that had LeBron stayed in Miami you'd have no issue w/ him. You as a Heat fan at this moment are no different than the Cavs fans when LeBron left to join Miami. Anyway time to end this conversation, no matter what is said you will not change your opinion of LeBron since he left the Heat. That's cool, enjoy the upcoming season!

:lol: So now you're a psychic?

I have waaayyyyy more issues about Beasley not being here then LeBron this season.

I felt at the time the James had every right to leave the Cavs, and this summer as a FA had every right to go where ever he wanted.

My opinion on that topic has NEVER waivered.

My opinion on James the person, has also NEVER waivered. I didn't care for him when he was a Cav, and didn't care for him when he was here.

I rooted for his success because he wore a Heat jersey, like I do for every other player.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE he left, if he's going to demand opt outs every year and hold Riley hostage, then good riddance.

The Heat will take a few step backwards now. Not the first time.
If it wasn't now, it was coming a few years down the road, regardless.

I'm more interested in really knowing the mindset of anyone who says James with a handpicked roster isn't championship or bust every year.

Care to explain?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would dispute that Love was very interested in playing for the Lakers.

Not many anticipated Gilbert handing over the team to James.

So, like I said yesterday, Love was handpicked by James and was willing to see how it goes for a year.
If it works out, he'll stay in Cleveland.

If it doesn't, he'll very likely go to L.A.. (I'm wishing very hard for this option).

I've never seen a statement from Love saying he'd like to play for LA (not saying he hasn't). I've only seen Lakers fans say this.

Gilbert fired the GM and now LeBron officially has that title? Why still pay a GM 7 figures if LeBron's calling all the shots and making all the moves? YOU'RE THE ONE , who makes it sound as if Love was a UFA and James chose to pursue and sign him. You can't handpick a player who's under contract. Both sides have to be in agreement for a trade to go down. James chose the Cavs even before Wiggins signed his contract. If Wiggins doesn't sign with the Cavs then the trade doesn't go down.

Jesus dude, you are salty as fuck about LeBron leaving.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a statement from Love saying he'd like to play for LA (not saying he hasn't). I've only seen Lakers fans say this.

Gilbert fired the GM and now LeBron officially has that title? Why still pay a GM 7 figures if LeBron's calling all the shots and making all the moves? YOU'RE THE ONE , who makes it sound as if Love was a UFA and James chose to pursue and sign him. You can't handpick a player who's under contract. Both sides have to be in agreement for a trade to go down. James chose the Cavs even before Wiggins signed his contract. If Wiggins doesn't sign with the Cavs then the trade doesn't go down.

If you only heard Lakers fans say this, then you are lying.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll agree that I never heard Love say he wanted to play for L.A., but I'll go with it was widely assumed, because it made total sense. Let's see how year 1 in Cleveland goes for him.

And if you don't think that Gilbert promised James when they secretly (for what reason) met on his airplane that he would be willing to trade Wiggins for Love, then you are just plain naïve.

As far as Love. He made it clear he wanted out of Mn.

Of course Mn. had to agree to it, but since Love would not verbally commit to any other team, Mn. really had no other option but the Cavs...correct????

Under WHAT/ANY scenario would Wiggins NOT sign his contract???

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gilbert fired the GM and now LeBron officially has that title? Why still pay a GM 7 figures if LeBron's calling all the shots and making all the moves?

James already negotiated the Thompson 4yr/44M contract for his agent/best friend to cash in on.
Gilbert CANNOT say no.

He might get half of that somewhere else.

Case CLOSED.
NEXT.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that I never heard Love say he wanted to play for L.A., but I'll go with it was widely assumed, because it made total sense. Let's see how year 1 in Cleveland goes for him.

And if you don't think that Gilbert promised James when they secretly (for what reason) met on his airplane that he would be willing to trade Wiggins for Love, then you are just plain naïve.

Of course Mn. had to agree to it, but since Love would not verbally commit to any other team, Mn. really had no other option but the Cavs...correct????

Prior to Gilbert handing over the Cavs, pretty much every GM in the NBA considered Love to the Lakers to be a done deal as soon as he was an FA. That has been written and talked about for the past couple of seasons.

Lebron wanting him in Cleveland changes that. As you pointed out in your previous post, if it works out, he'll likely re-sign in Cleveland. If it doesn't, he may very well end up in L.A. While I hope it doesn't work out in Cleveland, my bet is that it will.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golden State Warriors, Minnesota Timberwolves still talking Kevin Love deal - ESPN

July 16th (AFTER JAMES COMMITTED)

Golden State, however, knows it now has serious competition for Love, with the rejuvenated Cleveland Cavaliers known to be interested in trading for the All-Star power forward.

The Cavaliers have declared that Andrew Wiggins, last month's No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, is off-limits in any trade talks, but sources say Wolves president Flip Saunders is adamant that he won't surrender Love unless he gets back Thompson or Wiggins.

In a sense yes, the Cavs were the only one's because they're the only ones willing to take all the risk.

July 31st
“In a rather new development, it now looks as if Love won’t sign an extension with any team in which he’s traded, even the Cavaliers,” Finnan writes. “He can get far more money if he becomes a free agent in the summer of 2015, and re-signs with the team in which he is traded. That puts considerably more risk in a trade, especially if the Cavaliers are giving up a prospect like Wiggins.”

Love’s unwillingness to sign an extension puts the Timberwolves in a tough spot if they decide to trade him. Teams likely will be reluctant to give up quality assets — whether it’s a talented young players like Wiggins, an established star such as Golden State’s Klay Thompson, or a potential top-five lottery pick — to acquire Love without any assurances that he will sign long-term.

The Warriors reportedly are already unsure if they want to include Thompson in a potential package for Love, and the information in Finnan’s report, if true, might make that decision rather easy.

As for the Cavaliers, giving up Wiggins — a player with superstar potential — is risky without an extension from Love. Even with LeBron James and Love, the Cavaliers would not be a lock to win the 2015 NBA Finals given the strength of the Western Conference and a few quality teams in the East such as the Chicago Bulls and Indiana Pacers.

Read more at: Report: Kevin Love Won?t Sign Extension With Any Team He?s Traded To | NBA | NESN.com

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

James already negotiated the Thompson 4yr/44M contract for his agent/best friend to cash in on.
Gilbert CANNOT say no.

He might get half of that somewhere else.

Case CLOSED.
NEXT

:pound:

Here's some of the legit reasons why the Cavs may or may not overpay Thompson.

October 4th
1. The Cavs need big men. Anderson Varejao is 32. He has missed 166 games over the last four years because of injuries. He is in the final year of his contract. Can he stay reasonably healthy?

2. Their other big man is 7-foot Brendan Haywood, who missed all of last season with a broken foot. His injury is a serious one, the navicular bone. At 34, he is trying to make a comeback. The team is guardedly hopeful that he can play some meaningful minutes off the bench.

4. Thompson is 6-foot-9, 240 pounds. That makes him more suited for power forward. But in the age of shrinking centers, few teams have 7-footers. The Cavs are currently playing him in the middle along with Varejao. He is 23 and healthy, having played every game in the last two seasons.

5. Thompson is under contract for $5.1 million this season. He can be a restricted free agent next July. So the Cavs can wait a year and see how he fits in with the new players.

7. Thompson has averaged 9.3 rebounds in the last two seasons. The Cavs believe that can improve if he concentrates on defending, rebounding and running the court for easy baskets. Also, they don't have any big men. Their salary cap situation will make it hard to add much size, at least in terms of impact players.

10. Salaries will keep rocketing higher. Dan Gilbert doesn't worry about paying the luxury tax if he believes it will help the Cavs win. So Thompson could be in for a very big pay day.

11. The biggest reason that James came home was that ... well ... it's home. But Gilbert's willingness to spend was a factor. In James' last two seasons with the Cavs, their payrolls were $83 million and $90 million. Both were higher than any Miami payroll during James' stay from 2010-14.

Terry's Talkin' about the agent for LeBron James, Tristan Thompson and the Cleveland Cavaliers -- Terry Pluto | cleveland.com

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Here's some of the legit reasons why the Cavs may or may not overpay Thompson.

October 4th
1. The Cavs need big men. Anderson Varejao is 32. He has missed 166 games over the last four years because of injuries. He is in the final year of his contract. Can he stay reasonably healthy?

2. Their other big man is 7-foot Brendan Haywood, who missed all of last season with a broken foot. His injury is a serious one, the navicular bone. At 34, he is trying to make a comeback. The team is guardedly hopeful that he can play some meaningful minutes off the bench.

4. Thompson is 6-foot-9, 240 pounds. That makes him more suited for power forward. But in the age of shrinking centers, few teams have 7-footers. The Cavs are currently playing him in the middle along with Varejao. He is 23 and healthy, having played every game in the last two seasons.

5. Thompson is under contract for $5.1 million this season. He can be a restricted free agent next July. So the Cavs can wait a year and see how he fits in with the new players.

7. Thompson has averaged 9.3 rebounds in the last two seasons. The Cavs believe that can improve if he concentrates on defending, rebounding and running the court for easy baskets. Also, they don't have any big men. Their salary cap situation will make it hard to add much size, at least in terms of impact players.

10. Salaries will keep rocketing higher. Dan Gilbert doesn't worry about paying the luxury tax if he believes it will help the Cavs win. So Thompson could be in for a very big pay day.

11. The biggest reason that James came home was that ... well ... it's home. But Gilbert's willingness to spend was a factor. In James' last two seasons with the Cavs, their payrolls were $83 million and $90 million. Both were higher than any Miami payroll during James' stay from 2010-14.

Terry's Talkin' about the agent for LeBron James, Tristan Thompson and the Cleveland Cavaliers -- Terry Pluto | cleveland.com

You can post anything you want trying to justify it. He's not worth it.

Nothing will change the fact that 29/30 teams wouldn't offer anything close to that.

Nothing will change the fact that if James tells Gilbert to pay him, he has NO choice.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can post anything you want trying to justify it. He's not worth it.

Nothing will change the fact that 29/30 teams wouldn't offer anything close to that.

Nothing will change the fact thatif James tells Gilbert to pay him, he has NO choice.
IF????

You already said James negotiated the 44mil dollar deal for Thompson's extension. What's the hold up?

Why hasn't Thompson signed yet? He's only got like 13 days to sign. Wonder why he's waiting considering you said LeBron made it a done deal already?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF????

You already said James negotiated the 44mil dollar deal for Thompson's extension. What's the hold up?

Why hasn't Thompson signed yet? He's only got like 13 days to sign. Wonder why he's waiting considering you said LeBron made it a done deal already?

I have no idea what any timeframes are, but the bottom line is that end result will speak for itself.

If/when he gets the 4/44 then it's beyond obvious that Gilbert is catering to James.
If Gilbert says no, then I'm 100% wrong.

I'm pretty certain which way it will go though.
Gilberts his prag, for as long as he wants James wearing that Cavs jersey.