• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's break down the NFC North real quick

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this being between GB and Chicago. I hope the Lions don't slap me in the face here.

The Bears made more of an effort this offseason than GB did. GB did not get Sanders, so they are hurting for a receiver opposite Adams and you can't trust that running game. Think about the fact that the Packers swept the Vikings, Lions, and Bears last year. Take three wins away and the Packers are 10 win team. Chicago splits with Packers and they are a 9 win team.

With the way the Packers played last year on offense and relied on a top 20 defense, I don't think the Packers capitalized on this offseason to improve next year. They went 6-0 in the division and beat NYG, Washington, Dallas, a Mahomes-less Chiefs (which was evened out by a loss to LAC), Broncos, and Raiders. They had an easy schedule and got lucky.

The Bears' biggest loss was to the Saints. They were in close games with a lot of teams, and the KC game was very sloppy. They did try to capitalize this offseason with adding QB depth and getting another pass rusher and red zone target. Chicago also had a sophomore slump. They could easily get back to being an 11-12 win team.

Looking at the schedule it's even all the way through. GB is opposite Chicago. GB is an above-average offense and Chicago is a great defense. Defenses play better on the road than offenses and vice versa. Because the stronger NFC South pair is playing Chicago on the road, they're not likely to get a leg up on the Packers here. The x-factor is Chicago against CMC.

Packers and Bears have a strange history with Colts and Texans. They've generally split. Bears have been hard on the Colts, and Packers have been on the Texans. Tennessee does their shutting down upsets on the road, and Chicago is in a better position than GB here. The x-factor is Vrabel's upset ability against the Packers.

Packers have Eagles, 49ers, not likely to sweep. Neither should Chicago do it to NYG and LAR, but they have better odds (that LAR game last year was an outlier).

It's coming down to the division record IMO. They should split with each other, but who sweeps the Lions and/or Vikings?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to predict but if we fix our Oline I feel we can have a very good season. I got MN in second and maybe the most talented overall team in the div. MN has 9 draft picks with 2 in the 1st. GB has AR and not much else and AR is clearly dropping off. Det is Det until proven otherwise and their team seems to really hate their coach. Check me after the draft and I'll have MN as the team to beat if they draft well.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see this being between GB and Chicago. I hope the Lions don't slap me in the face here.

The Bears made more of an effort this offseason than GB did. GB did not get Sanders, so they are hurting for a receiver opposite Adams and you can't trust that running game. Think about the fact that the Packers swept the Vikings, Lions, and Bears last year. Take three wins away and the Packers are 10 win team. Chicago splits with Packers and they are a 9 win team.

With the way the Packers played last year on offense and relied on a top 20 defense, I don't think the Packers capitalized on this offseason to improve next year. They went 6-0 in the division and beat NYG, Washington, Dallas, a Mahomes-less Chiefs (which was evened out by a loss to LAC), Broncos, and Raiders. They had an easy schedule and got lucky.

The Bears' biggest loss was to the Saints. They were in close games with a lot of teams, and the KC game was very sloppy. They did try to capitalize this offseason with adding QB depth and getting another pass rusher and red zone target. Chicago also had a sophomore slump. They could easily get back to being an 11-12 win team.

Looking at the schedule it's even all the way through. GB is opposite Chicago. GB is an above-average offense and Chicago is a great defense. Defenses play better on the road than offenses and vice versa. Because the stronger NFC South pair is playing Chicago on the road, they're not likely to get a leg up on the Packers here. The x-factor is Chicago against CMC.

Packers and Bears have a strange history with Colts and Texans. They've generally split. Bears have been hard on the Colts, and Packers have been on the Texans. Tennessee does their shutting down upsets on the road, and Chicago is in a better position than GB here. The x-factor is Vrabel's upset ability against the Packers.

Packers have Eagles, 49ers, not likely to sweep. Neither should Chicago do it to NYG and LAR, but they have better odds (that LAR game last year was an outlier).

It's coming down to the division record IMO. They should split with each other, but who sweeps the Lions and/or Vikings?

maxresdefault.jpg

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take three wins away and the Packers are 10 win team. Chicago splits with Packers and they are a 9 win team.
WTF?

Take 13 wins away from the Packers and they're basically a winless team! Take 3 wins away from the Chiefs, including a split with the Broncos and KC doesn't even make the playoffs...

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way i see it.

Lions - They exceeded expectations early then fell off a cliff when Stafford got hurt. It's hard to tell what they really are because of that. I'm not a fan of their coach and it seems like plenty of players aren't either which is played into why Slay was traded. Regardless of the coach, i think their talent level is pretty average at best. They feel like a 6 win team to me.

Packers - 13-3 felt a bit fluky. They had a lot of balls bounce their way but their improvement on defense was legit. Still, they had trouble defending the run and Rodgers doesn't look like the Aaron Rodgers we're used to seeing. On top of that, they're short on receiving talent and have some holes they haven't addressed in free agency (at least). They have some draft picks though. That season felt a lot like the Bears' 2018 season to me where they fell back down to earth the following year a bit. I wouldn't peg the Packers for more than 10 or 11 wins this coming season but that's still a good season.

Vikings - I would like them to win the division if not for Mike Zimmer. They seem to be perennial let-down artists or bridesmaids, however you want to put it. Losing Diggs hurts but they got a nice haul for him and this is the draft to grab receiving weapons in. Their defense took a hit as well losing some serious secondary help but we'll see how they address in the draft. They seem to be in a good spot on both sides of the ball but it's still hard to see them winning more than 10 or 11 games considering the teams in the division.

Bears - The best defense in the division only got better on paper with the addition of Quinn and (hopefully) Hicks not hurt basically all year. They carried the team to an 8-8 record, but did get thinner at LB and secondary. The offense was straight up wretched for much of last season thanks in part to Trubisky but also a terrible run game scheme and offensive line. The OL hasn't been addressed yet and it remains to be seen to how/if the FA pickups work out, namely Foles coming in to challenge Trubisky. Provided the defense doesn't fall off hard, it's hard to see the Bears winning significantly less than 8 games. If Foles is revelation at QB then they could have one hell of a season, but i wouldn't project more than 10 or 11 wins at this point.

As you might be able to tell, i think it's shaping up to be a 3 horse race between the Packers, Vikings and Bears. We still have the draft to possibly change the face of the teams as well as the Vikings and Packers haven't made the same splashs as the Bears have in free agency but they have more draft picks.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
zN8OSBV.gif

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) The Bears made more of an effort this offseason than GB did. GB did not get Sanders, so they are hurting for a receiver opposite Adams and you can't trust that running game. Think about the fact that the Packers swept the Vikings, Lions, and Bears last year. Take three wins away and the Packers are 10 win team. Chicago splits with Packers and they are a 9 win team.

B) With the way the Packers played last year on offense and relied on a top 20 defense, I don't think the Packers capitalized on this offseason to improve next year. They went 6-0 in the division and beat NYG, Washington, Dallas, a Mahomes-less Chiefs (which was evened out by a loss to LAC), Broncos, and Raiders. They had an easy schedule and got lucky.

A) Maybe once/half-decade do the Packers spend money in Free Agency. They did it last year with the Smiths and Amos. Historically, a quiet free agency has not stopped them from competing for the division.

B) No argument with that statement by itself, but that's also exactly how the Bears overachieved and rose to the top of the division the year before and how the Vikings overachieved and rose to the top the year before that. In reality, the Bears, Packers and Vikings are all 9/10-win teams. Whichever team winds up with the best luck will win the division again this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only question last year was would the Bears win the Super Bowl, in which they were destined to play. Look where that got me. So this year I'm dialing it down about 50 notches and just hoping we have a winning season, with perhaps an outside shot at the postseason. I think the Vikes are going to take the Norris this year.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to predict but if we fix our Oline I feel we can have a very good season. I got MN in second and maybe the most talented overall team in the div. MN has 9 draft picks with 2 in the 1st. GB has AR and not much else and AR is clearly dropping off. Det is Det until proven otherwise and their team seems to really hate their coach. Check me after the draft and I'll have MN as the team to beat if they draft well.

MNs defense has lost 5 top players they are nothing like they use to be

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really struggling to see how Minnesota is not a factor in the NFC North race.

Bears have a shot if you believe the Packers were running on fumes more than they were the NFC runner-up. That's less an endorsement of the Bears and more of a bleak and pessimistic outlook of the North as of today.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, there goes GB and Chicago's chances.

Tell me a division winner I got wrong last year outside Cleveland and Jacksonville?

Btw, I haven't played the numbers yet. And the schedule could change things if there are back to backs.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?

Take 13 wins away from the Packers and they're basically a winless team! Take 3 wins away from the Chiefs, including a split with the Broncos and KC doesn't even make the playoffs...

The Packers went 6-0 in the division. Their wins against their division are not like KC's against a team they have beaten four years straight.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Maybe once/half-decade do the Packers spend money in Free Agency. They did it last year with the Smiths and Amos. Historically, a quiet free agency has not stopped them from competing for the division.

B) No argument with that statement by itself, but that's also exactly how the Bears overachieved and rose to the top of the division the year before and how the Vikings overachieved and rose to the top the year before that. In reality, the Bears, Packers and Vikings are all 9/10-win teams. Whichever team winds up with the best luck will win the division again this year.

I hardly ever see teams get lucky two years in a row. It was GB's year last year. Now they need to show they were not a fluke by taking advantage. They cannot expect to hold off Chicago if that explosiveness does not return, starting with Rodgers. Chicago had some tough luck last year, but still hung tough. Just a little improvement on offense will go a long way for them. Vikings are the most balanced team in the division but the team that's either really good on offense or defense and manageable on the other side can beat that in a given year. Minnesota won the NFC North in 2017 because Rodgers got hurt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears 11-5
Packers 9-7
Vikings 7-8-1
Lions 5-10-1

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers will finish first because they have the best QB in the division.