• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so tired of the crying by the nba players/coaches

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red zone is great. I have the saints on the laptop with the tv on red zone unless the giants or jets game is good

Especially when you only really care about your fantasy football team.

Hurry up and get a team to L.A. you bastards. I'll even take the Rams back....no Raiders though :nono:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they bitched just as much in 1967 as they do today, only difference is now we know about. Social media, folks.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they bitched just as much in 1967 as they do today, only difference is now we know about. Social media, folks.

Many of those guys had to work regular jobs in the offseason to make ends meet. I doubt they complained about playing too many basketball games.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Jordan cried about repeatedly getting fouled to hard by the Pistons then shortly after Stern came up with the flagrant foul rule?

60 games like Dirk suggested is too many to take away. Besides a lot of players sit out (or play reduced mins) the final 5 or so games of the season when their playoff seed can't be changed.

Seriously, why do you get butthurt every single time Lebron is criticized? I'll understand if it was sometimes, but every time someone says anything negative about Lebron, rather its a joke or not, here you go.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players today are more athletic and more able to put on strength while maintaining agility than they were in the '60s-'90s. That is the main difference and why the season is more of a grind than it used to be.

They only have 30 or 40 game regular seasons in most international leagues. The international aspect of the NBA continues to grow in importance so we can bury our heads in the USA sand or we can learn from their differences and if any of them might be beneficial here.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Jordan cried about repeatedly getting fouled to hard by the Pistons then shortly after Stern came up with the flagrant foul rule?

60 games like Dirk suggested is too many to take away. Besides a lot of players sit out (or play reduced mins) the final 5 or so games of the season when their playoff seed can't be changed.

You are a moron. Watch the 30 for 30 on the Pistons. Jordan hit the weights so he could better take the beating they were handing out. Stern saw what the NBA was becoming and didn't like it.

On another note, I saw Jordan comment about a shortened season. He said it is about the love of the game. He said that if he wasn't playing NBA games, he would be playing somewhere else (as in pick up games, not in another country), because that is what he loved to do. Might as well get paid.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about shifting teams? Put Dallas in the East or something to make it so a team under .500 doesn't always make the playoffs.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what about shifting teams? Put Dallas in the East or something to make it so a team under .500 doesn't always make the playoffs.

I think switching Memphis or Minnesota would make more sense since they're in that vicinity. Dallas would make zero sense with the other two Texas teams in the West.

It won't happen anyways. The West always has been and always will be the stronger conference as a whole.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't switch conferences unless you're sending a team from east to the west. Swap Memphis & Milwaukee

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
baseball for years had more teams in the American than the National league and it worked.

And no, i don't really think Dallas makes the most sense..I just had them on my mind for some reason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, why do you get butthurt every single time Lebron is criticized? I'll understand if it was sometimes, but every time someone says anything negative about Lebron, rather its a joke or not, here you go.

JD is Lebron's personal white knight.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different sports. Just because it worked in one sport doesn't mean it can work in another. I wouldn't say it worked in baseball. The schedules were so unbalanced when they had 16 teams in the NL & 14 in the AL.....that was a joke

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players today are more athletic and more able to put on strength while maintaining agility than they were in the '60s-'90s. That is the main difference and why the season is more of a grind than it used to be.

They only have 30 or 40 game regular seasons in most international leagues. The international aspect of the NBA continues to grow in importance so we can bury our heads in the USA sand or we can learn from their differences and if any of them might be beneficial here.

So, players are more athletic, able to get in and stay in better shape, have much better travel options, accommodations at luxury hotels, don't need to work regular jobs in the off-season and not only play fewer back to backs, but no longer play back to back to backs. But they need to be able to play fewer games because it's somehow MORE of a grind than it used to be?:noidea:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about maximum $$$ with minimal effort.

In 1972 the average salary in the NBA was under $100k a year. By early 2012 that number was $5.2m.

If I was earning $5m for just over 6 months of work, i'd play every damn day.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were true, then I would have over 70,000 posts by now case the majority of Lakers fans on here do pretty much nothing but cry and bitch about LeBron. Now that he's back with the Cavs, you guys will have even more fun with some of the Heat fans joining your crusade.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this were true, then I would have over 70,000 posts by now case the majority of Lakers fans on here do pretty much nothing but cry and bitch about LeBron. Now that he's back with the Cavs, you guys will have even more fun with some of the Heat fans joining your crusade.

No matter what team James is on, his charming personality will more or less result in 29 other fan bases rooting against him.

No Heat fan that I've seen has ever said he shouldn't have left of he thought it was in his best interest.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to get racial.:lol:

Don't forget Love was a UFA according to JD.
Never said that.

He will be a UFA next summer and have been told for the last few years (not lately for some reason) by a certain Lakers fan on here that it's no secret Love wants to play back home so expect Kevin in a Lakers jersey.

Just like I was told that Dwight wasn't going to walk away from the extra 30mil the Lakers were going to offer him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said that.

He will be a UFA next summer and have been told for the last few years (not lately for some reason) by a certain Lakers fan on here that it's no secret Love wants to play back home so expect Kevin in a Lakers jersey.

Just like I was told that Dwight wasn't going to walk away from the extra 30mil the Lakers were going to offer him.

I don't think anyone would dispute that Love was very interested in playing for the Lakers.

Not many anticipated Gilbert handing over the team to James.

So, like I said yesterday, Love was handpicked by James and was willing to see how it goes for a year.
If it works out, he'll stay in Cleveland.

If it doesn't, he'll very likely go to L.A.. (I'm wishing very hard for this option).