• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so tired of the crying by the nba players/coaches

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really sick of the bitching about the 82 game schedule. The schedule been at 82 games since 1967. Let's stop the bitching, take off your panties, put on some big boy shorts, and man up.

Good luck getting the schedule changed to the mid 60s which would take nearly 10 home games away from every team.

Funny how the NHL which is far more physical never complains about their 82 game schedule.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really sick of the bitching about the 82 game schedule. The schedule been at 82 games since 1967. Let's stop the bitching, take off your panties, put on some big boy shorts, and man up.

Good luck getting the schedule changed to the mid 60s which would take nearly 10 home games away from every team.

Funny how the NHL which is far more physical never complains about their 82 game schedule.

Yes, but they clearly the NHL doesn't work as hard. A great night for an NHL player is scoring 3 points. A whole season for an NHL player isn't close to what LeBron does in 10 games.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is the league been playing 82 games for almost 50 years. Previous generations of players never cried as much as these guys are

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In defense of the players, the NBA wants to change the minutes and they were asked how they felt. Dirk said it best that you don't need 82 games to determine the best 8 but its not going to change because owners wont give up the money.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Answering a question asked by a reporter (who is asking because of a rule change the league is considering) does not equal bitching, complaining, etc. You can appreciate your job and enjoy doing it... all while having opinions about things your company could do better.

2. Funny to me how most fans have been agreeing that the NBA product would be better served with a shorter regular season... then get mad when the players have the same opinion.

3. Show me a person who talks the same way they write an essay and I'll show you either a horrible writer or a really weird talker.

4. Yeah, its never going to happen. It's probably the smartest thing to do for the overall popularity of the league... but the owners will never be able to look past the immediate dollar signs staring them in the face.

For me personally, I'd rather not see it shortened because I'm an NBA junkie who enjoys watching 82 games (the more the merrier) .... and because I'm a stat junkie who would cringe at such an epic line in the sand of historical NBA statistics. But the NBA already has the NBA junkies like me in their clutches... the purpose of shortening the season would be to get the casual NBA fan more engaged.

Last edited by a moderator:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In defense of the players, the NBA wants to change the minutes and they were asked how they felt. Dirk said it best that you don't need 82 games to determine the best 8 but its not going to change because owners wont give up the money.

The players also don't want to give up the money.

I say there are plenty who will GLADLY play 82 plus playoffs, or go on a "maintenance program" during the regular season??

For the ones that don't want to, go overseas, or just go away.....

These guys (like James) use their free time traveling the world promoting themselves/their brand, etc.., when they could be resting.

The game is bigger then him. In a few years he will be past his prime.
The league and the world will survive just fine.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Answering a question asked by a reporter (who is asking because of a rule change the league is considering) does not equal bitching, complaining, etc. You can appreciate your job and enjoy doing it... all while having opinions about things your company could do better.

2. Funny to me how most fans have been agreeing that the NBA product would be better served with a shorter regular season... then get mad when the players have the same opinion.

3. Show me a person who talks the same way they write an essay and I'll show you either a horrible writer or a really weird talker.
[/QUOTE
]

Yep. He wrote it!
Wanna buy some swampland in the Everglades to build a nice home?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say there are plenty who will GLADLY play 82 plus playoffs, or go on a "maintenance program" during the regular season??

Right. And clearly every current NBA player would gladly do it, because that's what they're doing. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't have an opinion that it should be shorter.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. And clearly every current NBA player would gladly do it, because that's what they're doing. That doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't have an opinion that it should be shorter.

He's entitled to his opinion, as are the others.

Problem for him is that only one owner is his current bitch.
The other 29 will tell him to go fuck himself when he's trying to get into their pockets.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. He wrote it!
Wanna buy some swampland in the Everglades to build a nice home?
Lol. It's not exactly a secret that Lee Jenkins edited the piece, and likely played a much more pivotal role than your average editor would.

I just think that pointing out someone's writing as being different than their speaking - as a criticism - doesn't work.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's entitled to his opinion, as are the others.

Problem for him is that only one owner is his current bitch.
The other 29 will tell him to go fuck himself when he's trying to get into their pockets.

Yeah, I agree that LeBron doesn't really hold much influence or power in terms of making this change happen. But I don't think he's on some crusade to make it happen... He just answered a question.

Like I said before, the owners won't be able to look past the immediate loss in revenue to see the good it could do in the long run. And it doesn't matter what the players say... if the players make a push for it... the owners will reply with "well lets cut the salaries then"... and the players will be like "never mind, we're good".

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the purpose of shortening the season would be to get the casual NBA fan more engaged.

But shortening the season won't draw these fans in. Unless you are talking about shortening it to a football length season where every game really matters, and have all the games on the weekend so people can just binge watch. The casual NBA will still only pay attention down the stretch and playoffs or when their team has or plays LeBron. 60 games or 82 won't change the viewing, or more importantly the purchasing, habits of the casual fan.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But shortening the season won't draw these fans in. Unless you are talking about shortening it to a football length season where every game really matters, and have all the games on the weekend so people can just binge watch. The casual NBA will still only pay attention down the stretch and playoffs or when their team has or plays LeBron. 60 games or 82 won't change the viewing, or more importantly the purchasing, habits of the casual fan.

Yeah, I think that' a fair argument. I can see both sides.

Even at 60 games, I think it would increase the importance of each game enough to bring in more fans.

But there's definitely uncertainty about how much it would really work at bringing more fans. And that uncertainty paired with the loss of game revenue is the reason its not going to happen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is the league been playing 82 games for almost 50 years. Previous generations of players never cried as much as these guys are

These players today also bitch about back to back games. Back in the day, they used to play back to back to back several times a season and didn't have the luxury flight and hotels that they have now.

The whole NBA needs to stfu and quit making it so hard to be a fan.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they want to make the season shorter, then they need to be willing to take a proportionate cut in salary as well.

What do you think the likelihood of that happening is?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when LeBron was crying when he had to play on the day of the super bowl......

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to make the season shorter, then they need to be willing to take a proportionate cut in salary as well.

None.

For starters, why not shorten the number of preseason games?
2 would be plenty.

Then, start the season mid October so they could lessen the amount of back to backs.

These guys fly in custom built planes. Don't deal with 'normal' airport nonsense.
Stay in luxury suites in luxury hotels.
Have the best trainers and equipment.

Like you said, back in the day it was much harder on the players.
These guys should just STFU and play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when LeBron was crying when he had to play on the day of the super bowl......

Remember he traveled to Cleveland on a night before a day game (from Chicago) so see Big Z's jersey retired, when he was bitching about being tired?

As long as its HIS way, all is good.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, not very likely....

Like I said before, the owners won't be able to look past the immediate loss in revenue to see the good it could do in the long run. And it doesn't matter what the players say... if the players make a push for it... the owners will reply with "well lets cut the salaries then"... and the players will be like "never mind, we're good".