• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So thug is a purely racist term now?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I asked, that's a ridiculous statement.
Anyone that says "white Americans" has one intention by using that phrase - undermining them.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with referring to someone as a thug if they look like a thug. No matter the color of their skin.

Absolutely nothing but he brought race into it, I am a "White American" when I see someone walking around with their hoodie up I think they are either cold or wanna be left alone, their race doesn't matter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of it, you are either talking about yourself or you have walked around questioning people.

Or I've lived in this country for 50+ years and talked to actual people?

I get it though. Generlizations are only acceptable when you like what they are saying.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny he said "white Americans" when we all know it's older black Americans that know best that a hooded young one is usually a thug.:nod:

Right. A hooded black American is usually a thug.

I can always rely on you to eliminate all doubt.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or I've lived in this country for 50+ years and talked to actual people?

I get it though. Generlizations are only acceptable when you like what they are saying.

I have lived here 50+ years as well and i've lived all over the country and I have had zero conversations about black guys in hoodies but apparently you have had enough of those conversations to say "A LOT of white Americans do that, I guess I stand corrected.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Burfict a thug seems reasonable. Calling ISIS thugs is reasonable. OTOH, calling Richard Sherman a thug is NOT reasonable. Beillein calling his players thugs is NOT reasonable. That's the problem.

The word thug became a euphemism for criminal. Accusing someone of being a criminal who has done nothing criminal is a bad look.

And IIRC, it was actually a older black man who popularized the use of the word thug. I'm thinking of the beginning of that Bones, Thugs, and Harmony music video.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a phrase coined by black people themselves. Can’t blame white people for that. They wanna call themselves thugs, fine. But don’t go handing out the racist card every time a white person uses it.
Actually it's derived from a Hindi word meaning 'swindler or deceiver'

It then evolved to refer to gangs of criminals in British ruled India

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's derived from a Hindi word meaning 'swindler or deceiver'

It then evolved to refer to gangs of criminals in British ruled India

It's an interesting history. I think it even started with a cult who practiced robbing and murdering people as a religious rite.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. A hooded black American is usually a thug.

I can always rely on you to eliminate all doubt.
It's funny when progressives are so afraid to interact with older black males and learn from their experiences, that they don't understand anything they've been saying about the hood for the last quarter century.

Probably why Democrat run cities have no success in fixing the problems in those places.:nod:

Meanwhile Republicans come from the suburbs to house, feed, cloth and find jobs for the same people the Democrats are happy to squandor and ignore.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing that comes to mind is Tupac Shakur.

Could very well be. Just backs up my theory that a black guy coined that phrase first.

So, unlike the N-word which was made up by white people to call black people in a derogatory way, the word “thug” can’t be conceived as racist.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting history. I think it even started with a cult who practiced robbing and murdering people as a religious rite.
Those rabbis are crazy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny when progressives are so afraid to interact with older black males and learn from their experiences, that they don't understand anything they've been saying about the hood for the last quarter century.

Probably why Democrat run cities have no success in fixing the problems in those places.:nod:

Meanwhile Republicans come from the suburbs to house, feed, cloth and find jobs for the same people the Democrats are happy to squandor and ignore.

I can point you towards the Political forum if you want to continue this particular conversation.