• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So this is what it's like....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To have the best WR in the NFL today. Not a bad feeling. We get to enjoy this every week and for many more years to come.

He may not always have days like yesterday, but knowing it can happen any week is unreal. He is simply amazing to watch. And to think, we also got to watch arguably the greatest RB of all time as well. Now if Calvin could only help bring a SB title to Motown.

Big ups to Calvin!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a ridiculous day!

Megatron now owns the single-season receiving record and the single game (in regulation) receiving record.

Do you think Oakland is still glad they decided to take Jamarcus Russell instead of Calvin?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Millen is awesome :lol:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best all-time WR if he retires tomorrow. Needs 5 seasons to pass Jerry Rice and enter the all-around GOAT conversation.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best all-time WR if he retires tomorrow. Needs 5 seasons to pass Jerry Rice and enter the all-around GOAT conversation.

Disagree with that. He is already in the conversation. The fact that he has only played 5 years so far is a legitimate issue though I will concede.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need the ring to be taken seriously. I would hate to see another great fall into the Dan Marino category.

With Stafford throwing the ball CJ will have a chance to put up Madden like numbers every year as long as he stays healthy!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that emoticon bc you don't agree he's the best WR in the NFL today? I didn't say all time, just currently. Or was it bc of the comparisons to Rice?

Not directed at you in any way hevo.(I think CJ is in a very select group of current players who are in the conversation for best player. And without a doubt I think he's the best receiver) But the emoticon was my honest reaction when I read the two posts above mine. I also had to S my H. Spent way too much time during the offseason wasting my time trying to remind people that not only was Rice the greatest receiver ever, he also may be the greatest football player ever. Can't(won't) go thru it again.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm saying that Johnson needs 5 more seasons like last year's to pass Rice. If that happens, he DOES pass Rice. I think I'm implying that Rice currently holds the GOAT title belt, just slightly ahead of Mr. Jim Brown.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd best all time if he retired tomorrow is more than a bit of a stretch to me Max.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Came to congratulated you guys in winning a great game. I'm sorry he's no where close to passing Jerry no disrespect intended. He still need to give me 5-7 yrs of doing what he's doing to pass Moss and even T.O. To pass Jerry he needs to give me at-least 15 yrs and about 2 rings and then maybe he's the best of all times. Any way great game and If Matt can get his turnovers down you guys could be a serious contender. Would love to see you guys win it all this year even though at the moment I hate you guys.:suds:

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are giving Jerry Rice entirely too much credit. He was a great WR, Emmitt Smith was a great RB. Both of them were the enormous beneficiaries of the talent they got to play with. Smith isn't the NFL's all time rushing leader without the fantastic o-line he played behind and Rice had a team full of weapons around him that opened things up for him. Neither guy is in the HOF without those surrounding casts.

What do think CJ would do with a player the caliber of John Taylor opposite him?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are giving Jerry Rice entirely too much credit. He was a great WR, Emmitt Smith was a great RB. Both of them were the enormous beneficiaries of the talent they got to play with. Smith isn't the NFL's all time rushing leader without the fantastic o-line he played behind and Rice had a team full of weapons around him that opened things up for him. Neither guy is in the HOF without those surrounding casts.

What do think CJ would do with a player the caliber of John Taylor opposite him?

:10::agree: Just add up the Superbowls and when I say Superbowls, I mean Superbowl wins (not just showing up at the dance and losing) Rice and Smith were on stellar TEAMS! back in the day media didn't exist. Rice would be the #2 on Detroit with CJ and Smith with would be the #2 behind Barry on the Lions.
I can't believe someone from other teams would even dispute it let alone our own fans.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With everything I just said above.......We need to keep addressing defense in the next draft.......5 out of 7 picks should go to the Defense.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither guy is in the HOF without those surrounding casts.
Smith, ehhh, I highly doubt it. But Rice was different. He was special bro. His cast sure as shit helped him out, but he was money regardless.

And I don't think CJ needs a ring/rings to claim the best WR ever(when his career is done). It would help to get atleast one, but WRs can't win SBs on their own. They need an entire team. Rice was simply the beneficiary of having a great front office put together a money team.

CJ isn't the GOAT right now, but if he keeps this up, he will be. Hands down.

:focus:.........

Isn't it great knowing we get to watch CJ every single week, knowing no other team has him?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as CJ is, and as big of a win as it was yesterday(relatively speaking), huge games from CJ aren't always a good thing. Out his 10 biggest games in his career,(the ten times he's caught ten or more passes) yesterday was one of TWO victories. The other, at Tampa back in '10. And that wasn't with Staff throwing him the ball. The other 8 games, we lost. Im sorry I don't get on board with the love of big stats. I want wins. Ill take the big stat days, when they come with W's, but Im never going to partake in hollering at Linehan to just chuck it to CJ. It's actually counter productive more times than not.

Last edited by a moderator:

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As great as CJ is, and as big of a win as it was yesterday(relatively speaking), huge games from CJ aren't always a good thing. Out his 10 biggest games in his career,(the ten times he's caught ten or more passes) yesterday was one of TWO victories. The other, at Tampa back in '10. And that wasn't with Staff throwing him the ball. The other 8 games, we lost. Im sorry I don't get on board with the love of big stats. I want wins. Ill take the big stat days, when they come with W's, but Im never going to partake in hollering at Linehan to just chuck it to CJ. It's actually counter productive more times than not.

20 or 30 other guys you can partake in hollering at....Stafford and CJ ain't two of them........We still need more defense, but Stafford and CJ ain't the problem......If I remember correctly, the 49ers of the late 80's 90s and Cowboys of the 90s didn't have a shit defense like the Lions....

I can only imagine a defense that routinely gives 3 and outs to give Stafford and CJ even more time to compound more stats.....Wouldn't it be nice to have an extra 15 mins a game or 3 extra possessions per game like Smith and Rice had all there career to rack up great stats which we seem to agree stats make MVP or HOF players??

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20 or 30 other guys you can partake in hollering at....Stafford and CJ ain't two of them........We still need more defense, but Stafford and CJ ain't the problem......If I remember correctly, the 49ers of the late 80's 90s and Cowboys of the 90s didn't have a shit defense like the Lions....

I can only imagine a defense that routinely gives 3 and outs to give Stafford and CJ even more time to compound more stats.....Wouldn't it be nice to have an extra 15 mins a game or 3 extra possessions per game like Smith and Rice had all there career to rack up great stats which we seem to agree stats make MVP or HOF players??

What do Smith and Rice have to do with the Lions LOSING 80% of games CJ catches more than 10 passes in?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice wouldn't be in the HOF ? Let's not get crazy here. With Emmitt it might have depended on the situation, but Rice was was the best. The first 2 years after he left Oakland he caught just under 2400 yards worth of passes with 16 TDs @ just under 14 yards per catch. He was 39-40 years old at the time.