• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So The Core Of Irving, Durant + Top Draft Pick...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FA hasn't even started.....good luck with that....

That is the point DJ.

Bet on it now if you think the Knicks are getting those guys.

Because by the time it actually happens, it won't be worth betting on because the payout will be a lot worse.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the point DJ.

Bet on it now if you think the Knicks are getting those guys.

Because by the time it actually happens, it won't be worth betting on because the payout will be a lot worse.
I don't think @DJ is into betting on sports

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas is just getting out in front of all the NYC bettors with more money than brains. They just shorted anyone looking for the longshot bet on the Knicks.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@True Lakers Fan

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Trade value in the NBA is dependent on contract.

A rookie like Zion who is under team control for 8 seasons and who most think is likely to be a superstar is insanely valuable. Those players almost never get dealt except in very rare situations.

On the flip side, Davis is less valuable than his production as a trade asset because he is only under contract 1 more year.

Just no clue at all.

It's interesting to think the Cavs dealt TWO of those for Kevin Love.

Granted one was obviously Terrible after just one season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting to think the Cavs dealt TWO of those for Kevin Love.

Granted one was obviously Terrible after just one season.

Right. That is the key.

Bennett was a throw in. DSJ could be a throw in in this deal. There will be another solid player or two to match salary, but the point is that the Knicks will be the ones deciding who those players are. Not the Pelicans. Zion is the prize here.

Also, Love was viewed as an elite player at the time of the deal. He was not as good as Anthony Davis, but his perceived value at the time was pretty close to Davis' today. Also, while Wiggins was a high end prospect, he was not on zion's level.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the sound of the board after hearing the Durant injury news, Golden State may be after Kyrie and retain Durant. Can't be too careful out there in the playoffs, better stack up.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was not as good as Anthony Davis, but his perceived value at the time was pretty close to Davis' today.

I've got to call bullshit on this. The only thing devaluing AD's trade value is his trade request and one year left on his contract. Otherwise, he has absolute peak superstar trade value.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the sound of the board after hearing the Durant injury news, Golden State may be after Kyrie and retain Durant. Can't be too careful out there in the playoffs, better stack up.
Maybe take a few plays off there, Champ

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely add a redundant player who will destroy the chemistry

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got to call bullshit on this. The only thing devaluing AD's trade value is his trade request and one year left on his contract. Otherwise, he has absolute peak superstar trade value.

Well....yea that's the point

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some thought Love was a top 5 player at the time of the Cleveland trade. Most thought he was a top 10 player.

That is right where AD is today.

Granted, there are many more elite talents in the league today than there were 5 years ago, but still.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree AD has peak superstar value but Love still was pretty much a star as well. He averaged 26 and 13 the year before. The value is pretty close.

The Cavs essentially gave up back to back #1 picks for him. I would be surprised if the Pelicans get equal or greater value. Even after only one year of Bennett his value was diminished considering he was a bench player and didn't do much but he was still a #1 pick with good value at the time.

So the Pelicans should be looking for a guy that has #1 pick value along with another pick or young player.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thought Love was a top 5 player at the time of the Cleveland trade. Most thought he was a top 10 player.

That is right where AD is today.

Granted, there are many more elite talents in the league today than there were 5 years ago, but still.

Right he was averaging 26 and 13 and shot 37% from 3. The dude was an absolute beast.
AD averaged about the same and isn't as good of an outside shooter. I will also say AD is a far better defender and mid-range guy also more verstatile. AD is better but as far as value, it really is close.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree AD has peak superstar value but Love still was pretty much a star as well. He averaged 26 and 13 the year before. The value is pretty close.

The Cavs essentially gave up back to back #1 picks for him. I would be surprised if the Pelicans get equal or greater value. Even after only one year of Bennett his value was diminished considering he was a bench player and didn't do much but he was still a #1 pick with good value at the time.

So the Pelicans should be looking for a guy that has #1 pick value along with another pick or young player.

I agree with most.

But Bennett was so bad his rookie year, his value wasn't just decreased it had cratered. He still had some, but more in line with what Philly got for Fultz this year, if even that.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for adding Love to this thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most.

But Bennett was so bad his rookie year, his value wasn't just decreased it had cratered. He still had some, but more in line with what Philly got for Fultz this year, if even that.

Fultz is a fair comparison.

I think the Pelicans should be looking for max value but what kind of return would be fair compared to that Love deal in your opinion?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fultz is a fair comparison.

I think the Pelicans should be looking for max value but what kind of return would be fair compared to that Love deal in your opinion?

Zion plus whatever pieces the Knicks are willinng to add to make the salary work.

I don't think anybody the Knicks view as a future core piece should be included.

Something like:

Zion + Lance Thomas + Ntilikina would be fair value, (and if they need to, they can add DSJ or Knox)

I highly doubt Knox moves unless the Knicks prefer DSJ, and I am sure Robinson won't

Those additional names are sweeteners, but they are only there because of salary. The only way the Knicks actually trade Zion is if they come to terms with KD and a second player. In that case, they will need to get rid of some salary to stay under the cap.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zion plus whatever pieces the Knicks are willinng to add to make the salary work.

I don't think anybody the Knicks view as a future core piece should be included.

Something like:

Zion + Lance Thomas + Ntilikina would be fair value, (and if they need to, they can add DSJ or Knox)

I highly doubt Knox moves unless the Knicks prefer DSJ, and I am sure Robinson won't

Those additional names are sweeteners, but they are only there because of salary. The only way the Knicks actually trade Zion is if they come to terms with KD and a second player. In that case, they will need to get rid of some salary to stay under the cap.

Yep there is absolutely no reason to trade Zion unless you get another star to pair with AD and be an immediate championship contender minus some good role players/supporting case type of guys