• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So The Core Of Irving, Durant + Top Draft Pick...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Davis would require an extension for sure in this case. He has shown interest in doing so with the Knicks however. With a limited window with a newly signed 31 (one the season starts) year old Durant, a proven veteran climbs in trade value vs an unproven rookie. The hype around Zion is a bit exaggerated IMO; I really don't see him as a Lebron (or Durant) level prospect. He's an explosive athlete, but the NBA has a lot of those.

Agreed that the hype on Zion is overblown.

But if you are NO, who has a realistic trade package that approaches Zion's value?

THe answer is nobody.

Because NOLA is going to be rebuilding, so they will want young players with star potential and multiple years on rookie deals. Zion has superstar potential.

NOLA would almost certainly take him over Tatum, Brown and picks or anything the Lakers could cobble together.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that the hype on Zion is overblown.

But if you are NO, who has a realistic trade package that approaches Zion's value?

THe answer is nobody.

Because NOLA is going to be rebuilding, so they will want young players with star potential and multiple years on rookie deals. Zion has superstar potential.

NOLA would almost certainly take him over Tatum, Brown and picks or anything the Lakers could cobble together.

Sure, but I would guess that they would ask for more than Zion, even if just as a negotiation tactic. They could add on Knox, Smith Jr, Robinson, or Trier as well as more picks to their request. It all depends on how competitive the other offers are. With the Knicks supposedly one of the desired destinations for AD (and especially if he agrees to sign an extension there), the Pelicans will have that much more bargaining power. If the Knicks get their FA targets (say Durant and Kyrie), they won't be able to fit AD as a FA next summer, so that could end up a S&T then (or at the deadline), which would then require more assets back to match salary (which could be problematic).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire Laker kiddie corps isn't as valuable as Zion.

Heck, considering the hype around him and the number of his games that are likely to be televised in his rookie season, plus the numbers of people who will show up when their team plays his...

the entire Lakers kiddie corps plus Lebron may not be as valuable as Zion from a marketing perspective.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading for Davis would require an extension for sure in this case. He has shown interest in doing so with the Knicks however. With a limited window with a newly signed 31 (one the season starts) year old Durant, a proven veteran climbs in trade value vs an unproven rookie. The hype around Zion is a bit exaggerated IMO; I really don't see him as a Lebron (or Durant) level prospect. He's an explosive athlete, but the NBA has a lot of those.
Seems really premature to assume New York gets the draft pick they want and then that draft pick actually turns out to be as great as expected. Some players don't transition to the NBA as well. Lonzo Ball has been a dud in my opinion and Kuzma has been great. Assuming that the Knicks gets both Zion and KD and Irving is assuming a tremendous amount of luck for a team that has been mismanaged so badly for the last 20 or years.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems really premature to assume New York gets the draft pick they want and then that draft pick actually turns out to be as great as expected. Some players don't transition to the NBA as well. Lonzo Ball has been a dud in my opinion and Kuzma has been great. Assuming that the Knicks gets both Zion and KD and Irving is assuming a tremendous amount of luck for a team that has been mismanaged so badly for the last 20 or years.

Nobody is assuming anything.

Please read the posts and notice the extensive use of the word "if".

If NY wins the lottery but doesn't sign any big FAs, they keep Zion.

If they don't finish top 3 they won't have the ammunition.

If they sign KD + Kyrie and win the lottery (maybe a 10% chance) then damn straight they would be willing to trade That top pick. And damn straight NO would want it.

And since this trade would go down before the season, it would not matter if he lives up to his potential or not. The deal would be done. Just like Wiggins for Love.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vegas knows the fix is in

Honestly?

Who is more likely than the Knicks

Warriors
Rockets
Bucks
Celtics

Not sure anyone else is.

Knicks obviously have zero percent chance of they don't sign anybody, but they could legitimately land KD, either Kemba or Kyrie and trade for AD.

Then their odds would be as good as anybody.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,518.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could be another Corliss Williamson.....that's what he reminds me a lot of.....

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks 16-1 odds for 20 championship already.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas trying to draw in the suckers ... and apparently it's working. :dhd:

It is an intriguing line.

There are only 3 or 4 teams who have a legit shot every year.

A Knicks bet today could look extremely foolish 2 months from now. But KD to NY is expected at this point. He probably isn't going without a second star. A little lottery luck and they have the ammo to trade for AD on top of all that.

That line could easily be 4-1 by the end of July.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas trying to draw in the suckers ... and apparently it's working. :dhd:

I would go so far to say a Knicks bet today has a better chance of paying off than betting on any non-GS team at this point last year.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put a 10 stack on NY (16-1 odds for 2020)

Can't beat that.

KD, Kyrie, Zion, DSJ and AD....BOOM

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should stick with what we know to be true.
The Knicks suck.