• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Shawn Thornton will probably need his own thread....

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said it was the worst thing I've ever seen, but it was a non-hockey attack on an unaware--and thus defenseless--player. It is an inherently egregious offense.

I do not qualify my sentiments within the context of the inconsistent and incompetent NHL disciplinary system, because I prefer to contextualize my arguments in intelligent ways. Unfortunately for me and my arguments, the NHL is both entirely incompetent when dealing with these sorts of things and simultaneously the authoritative voice on them.

Cooke on Savard was a vicious hit. It was a hit which largely created the current bumbling attempts at increasing player safety through increased discipline for hits targeting the head. A previous--and perhaps even more incompetent--chief of NHL disciplinary action was involved in that decision. Not suspending Cooke was the wrong choice. It was made by a man who is no longer employed in the business of making those decisions. It was also made before several rule changes related to those sorts of hits.

It happened many years ago. Cooke is no longer a Penguin. The NHL disciplinary process has changed, and there are different people in charge of it. That play bears no relevance whatsoever to this discussion. Even if it did bear relevance to this discussion, Cooke's actions can and should in no way dictate my own opinions and the validity of those opinions, so you cannot use those actions to marginalize me (or any other Penguins fan, for that matter) as a member of this discussion.

I am on very public record (my posts in this website) saying James Neal's suspension was largely insufficient. I have shown time and again to be able to make at least reasonably unbiased arguments about issues in the league and on the ice, even when my team is involved.

So no, I will not give you a break. I don't have to.

LOGIC! IT BURNS!

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus let it go already the world is not out to get you !!!!!!!

maybe not but there are certainly are quite a few characters on here that just love to jump on the Bruins hate train every chance they get

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe not but there are certainly are quite a few characters on here that just love to jump on the Bruins hate train every chance they get

Such as...?

I need names in order to conduct a thorough investigation. Burden of proof and all that.

detective2.gif

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That play bears no relevance whatsoever to this discussion. Even if it did bear relevance to this discussion, Cooke's actions can and should in no way dictate my own opinions and the validity of those opinions...

Bruins' puns?

Seriously, good post.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such as...?

I need names in order to conduct a thorough investigation. Burden of proof and all that.

detective2.gif

cmon Santa, you can figure it out :rollseyes:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well obviously Matt Cooke and John Scott for starters.

C'mon I remember a game when Wayne Cashman slashed Rick Dudley back in I think 1974 that was bullshit and I think we should get payback IPW. I demand it!!!

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon I remember a game when Wayne Cashman slashed Rick Dudley back in I think 1974 that was bullshit and I think we should get payback IPW. I demand it!!!

now it comes out.... I knew it was festering. ive been waiting for this argument

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your hatred for the Bruins is so obvious right now.

ALL ABOARD THE HATE TRAIN!!!!! WOOO! WOOO!

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like my laxative just started working. Lot's of relief.