• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So...Shawn Thornton will probably need his own thread....

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I can't think of any intention besides one to injure to throw a punch at the head of a defenseless player, especially one on his way down to, and subsequently on the ice.

I might buy the elbow being an accident (I don't, but a strong argument might be able to convince me), that he just fell on him, but if you think that's where the injury occurred, then Orpik was out at that point, and if Thornton didn't intend to injure Orpik, he wouldn't have thrown the additional punch.

Thornton I'm sure wanted to hurt Orpik, not injure him... give him a shiner, etc... his missed punched connecting with the elbow knocked him out, he then punched him again...

Folks need to understand I'm not defending Thornton... not in the least... I just jumped in to state I thought Kneel's play was dirtier...

Last edited by a moderator:

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you cheat on a spouse, your internal reasons (or the hotness of your conquest) is irrelevant. You broke your vow.
Holy hell, no. The hotness of my conquest is completely relevant...I wouldn't cheat on my spouse for just any level of hotness. ;)

/Ok, you're right...I wouldn't cheat on my spouse.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy hell, no. The hotness of my conquest is completely relevant...I wouldn't cheat on my spouse for just any level of hotness. ;)

/Ok, you're right...I wouldn't cheat on my spouse.

Hotness is relevant, if you're going to do it she should be a 10 not a 5 if you get caught you'll feel better that it wasn't with a skank.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hotness is relevant, if you're going to do it she should be a 10 not a 5 if you get caught you'll feel better that it wasn't with a skank.

Or with two 5s.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if she was a 3 dressed up as a nine?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two 5s and a six pack, Yep, that's doable.

beer-goggles-220x300.jpg

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, I got the higgy shake ! Thanks for getting me in trouble guy's !!!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a higgy glare was pretty much a given Boss (and I think it was directed at all of us)

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a higgy glare was pretty much a given Boss (and I think it was directed at all of us)

Yeah you're right, I'm separated so I really can't cheat. Shame on you guy's !!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Character Assassination of Brooks Orpik | The Hockey Writers

Really, really, really good points. I don't think anyone here really mischaracterized Orpik, but people were, and it's highly unfair. He's physical, but not an instigator, or cheap, or a fighter...by any means. Can't remember the last time he fought.

Some good lines in there:

He’s a defensive defenseman who checks opponents hard. I fail to see where that has become a problem in today’s game.

Because it’s now become commonplace in the NHL to define a hard hit as a cheap shot, which needs defended against by a fight.

Some people complain about the 'pussification' of the sport, the second comment subject is the biggest example of pussification in my opinion.

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2010-2011 Reg season against Betruzzi

Man, that long? Hah. They broke down the number of fights he's had in his career, which is less than a lot of guys have in a few seasons, and even then I think most of those were earlier in his career when it was a bit more of his role to drop 'em. He's an elder statesmen in the league, and pretty darn good leader at that, so it's really just not a part of his game any longer.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, that long? Hah. They broke down the number of fights he's had in his career, which is less than a lot of guys have in a few seasons, and even then I think most of those were earlier in his career when it was a bit more of his role to drop 'em. He's an elder statesmen in the league, and pretty darn good leader at that, so it's really just not a part of his game any longer.

He's a good ole Buffalo boy pix, we're lovers not fighters. :lol:. Well, sometimes fighters.

Edit: Born in SF but raised in Buffalo. Close enough.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's actually been longer than that. The above referenced fight with Bertuzzi was a pre-season game.

Orpik hasn't been in a regular season fight since the year the Pens won the cup in 08-09.

Brooks Orpik - hockeyfights.com