• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So OU fans, what now?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do we go from here?

What's next? Try to get BYU to join the Big 12? Are you guys going to go be nice to Mizzou now, and try to run that BS that you didn't really want to leave? Does ANYBODY talk to Baylor without a lawyer present?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we just let things settle down a bit and wait our time. Things where moving too fast. We have a good gig now and the Big XII has worked out pretty well for Oklahoma. Wait and rehash this next Summer.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now we just let things settle down a bit and wait our time. Things where moving too fast. We have a good gig now and the Big XII has worked out pretty well for Oklahoma. Wait and rehash this next Summer.

This was what I didn't get about OU wanting to leave. The Big 12 has been VERY good for OU, and the only thing they'd get out of the PAC would be more money. I just couldn't understand it at first......I could understand everyone else wanting out because they weren't a big dog or they never won anything in conference.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will have to get 3 more teams(marketable/solid programs) soon imo or we will be left behind by the other conferences and im not a fan of grabbing the big east teams(i will accept tcu though if they can get out of the deal now)

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. Losing Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M is too much to overcome. I don't know of any teams as good as those that would come here. There has to be greener pastures instead of going to Waco, Ames, and Mahatten every other year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. Losing Nebraska, Colorado, and A&M is too much to overcome. I don't know of any teams as good as those that would come here. There has to be greener pastures instead of going to Waco, Ames, and Mahatten every other year.

Well if you want to move on, you aren't going to do it without Texas. So you may want to either get Boren/Castiglione to start lobbying Dodds to alter the LHN, or get on board with it.

Or try to cut some backdoor deal with the SEC - cause the PAC and Big 10 clearly don't want you. And I think Boren ticked off the SEC with all the talk about their academics.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac isn't ready "right now" and I don't think OU is either. But who are we fooling if that the Pac 10 who just took Colorado wouldn't want Oklahoma.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OU burnt the SEC bridge.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pac isn't ready "right now" and I don't think OU is either. But who are we fooling if that the Pac 10 who just took Colorado wouldn't want Oklahoma.

Not the same situation.....they took Colorado because they thought they were getting Texas, TAMU, OU, OSU as well.

The PAC just told the entire country they don't want OU, they want Texas. If they wanted you, you'd be in RIGHT NOW.

Don't kid yourself, the proof just happened.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bridge was never built to be burned...

You guys can get in the SEC if you want......but I'm pretty convinced you guys have less interest in the SEC than Texas

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was what I didn't get about OU wanting to leave. The Big 12 has been VERY good for OU, and the only thing they'd get out of the PAC would be more money. I just couldn't understand it at first......I could understand everyone else wanting out because they weren't a big dog or they never won anything in conference.

How old are you 15?

Texas, Oklahoma. Nebraska, Texas A&M, Colorado, and Kansas St have all won conference titles.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is the only team that could truly be said to have dominated the conference w/ 7 titles.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How old are you 15?

Texas, Oklahoma. Nebraska, Texas A&M, Colorado, and Kansas St have all won conference titles.

Reading comprehension would help you out on this site tremendously. I would suggest you re-read the statement to understand what was said.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading comprehension would help you out on this site tremendously. I would suggest you re-read the statement to understand what was said.

Originally Posted by starbigd

You really think this is an across the board accurate description of fellow past and present Big XII members other than OU?

You are a troll.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think this is an across the board accurate description of fellow past and present Big XII members other than OU?

You are a troll.

No, you are a moron. What, did you miss the point on PURPOSE?

That's what makes you a troll, you purposely try to make an issue where there is none.

The statement stands for itself. Its simple, to the point, and anyone without an agenda understands it completely. Then you show up, trolling as usual.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three schools that have left the Big 12... Colorado, Nebraska, and Texas A&M have all won Big 12 Titles. All 3 of them are 'big dogs' in the college football world. If they weren't they wouldn't have been able to bolt to much better conferences.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three schools that have left the Big 12... Colorado, Nebraska, and Texas A&M have all won Big 12 Titles. All 3 of them are 'big dogs' in the college football world. If they weren't they wouldn't have been able to bolt to much better conferences.

And I wasn't talking about them, since they aren't in the Big 12, now am I???

For all intents and purposes, OU or Texas has won this conference over 90% of the time. My point stands, it's not really hard to get - well, except for you.

Right now, Texas and OU are the big dogs. Everyone else is everyone else......and most of the other teams don't win much.

Those are good reasons for them to want out. This CAN'T be this hard for you to get.

Last edited by a moderator:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wasn't talking about them, since they aren't in the Big 12, now am I???

I read quite well. Your statement implies past and present. Nebraska and Colorado didn't officially leave the conference until 2 1/2 months ago. A&M is still in the Big 12.

Let's look at it with your backstepping alibi taken into account.

I could understand everyone else wanting out because they weren't a big dog or they never won anything in conference.

Iowa St, Kansas, Baylor, Kansas St, want out? Really? I haven't heard this.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SMH......you really ARE this dense, aren't you?