• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So now that the NFL cancelled international games

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s anyones thoughts on Pat Mcafee potentially being in the MNF booth? Think it’ll help or will he be another Dennis Miller/Tony Kornheiser bust?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s anyones thoughts on Pat Mcafee potentially being in the MNF booth? Think it’ll help or will he be another Dennis Miller/Tony Kornheiser bust?
I'd only be interested to see how many F bombs he drops. They stil don't have anyone decent to call the game even if they get a half assed analyst.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, let's hope it stays that way. Seattle has always been lucky, but I'd be pissed if our scheduled home game was at an international/neutral site.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd only be interested to see how many F bombs he drops. They stil don't have anyone decent to call the game even if they get a half assed analyst.

I think he is somewhat smart on football analysis but I am very biased.

Tessatore is a college announcer, the shouldn’t be in the MNF box.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly would the be getting snubbed?

Once again, I don't understand the rationale behind this take.

Well, generally a small-market team like the Cardinals would not get a MNF after a 5-win season unless they were playing on the week 1 doubleheader. Also, west coast teams have usually been playing in Mexico City. This was also decided BEFORE they traded for Hopkins. And sure, getting some good players may improve your odds but most people are cautiously picking the Cards to maybe improve to 8 wins until they see more.

There is a criteria for who gets primetime games.

SNF
Mainly playoff teams from previous year, super-hyped teams that closed out the previous year hot(Browns 2018, 49ers 2017), and big market teams with losing records. If the Cards went 4-12, no SNF. If the Cowboys went 4-12, they'll still get the max. Even the Giants would be SNF after losing seasons until the NFL finally had enough last year.

TNF
Almost everyone except two teams play on Thursday. Generally it's the two teams that have the lowest buzz and being medium to small-market. Jacksonville, LAC, and Carolina are the frontrunners here. I was thinking Jags would get left off because of having two international games, and there really is no reason for the Chargers to play. Washington is a big-market team that plays in the NFC East. They're not getting left out. Otherwise, they would as they are another uninspiring team this offseason.

MNF
MNF tends to be more generous to teams that don't get love from NBC. Major playoff teams tend to get at least two MNFs if they don't get three SNFs. Recently, they started shutting out a lot of 8-9 win teams from MNF. Most of them would play only because they were chosen for the major teams. Teams with losing records are lucky to play on MNF if they are not the Giants, Bears, etc. with losing records.

That's why you didn't see Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Arizona, and Buffalo, Atlanta(because they had two SNFs after a 7-9 year), and Carolina on MNF last year. You also didn't see Tennessee either among winning records either. They probably would have gotten one if Steelers and Packers didn't get reduced to two SNFs, giving them two MNFs. Neither had the Titans on their schedule. GB/Min which would be SNF any other year was MNF and Cin sure as hell would not have played MNF against anyone else but Pittsburgh. Miami was the first choice too for Pitt.

If you get three SNFs, you get one MNF also.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you can be the dedicated Brees translator.

However if that is his take, it is ridiculous. They have one of the most electrifying QB's coming off ROY and they pulled off the heist of the offseason by picking up Hopkins.

Personally, as a cards fan, I would rather them fly under the radar if they start to turn the corner. I prefer they play all Sunday games.

I didn't see anything Arizona did this offseason magnifying what the Browns did the previous one. Cleveland was not hyped because of ODB alone. They also got Vernon and Hunt. And Mayfield had set the league on fire after Hue's firing winning five games in seven weeks. Kyler did not do what Mayfield did and he certainly didn't have a better-winning % with Kliff.

This sounds like the Browns last season. Baker coming off a great rookie year and picking up OBJ lol...just saying.

The Browns got too much exposure...like you said, the best thing for your team is to keep them under the radar. Good thing Hopkins is pretty much a quiet guy...OBJ has a big mouth.

But as I said above, it's not the same. Arizona still got swept by the Rams, a team that had nothing to play for week 17, the last five weeks, and lost at home to a mediocre Steelers team. Sure they won at Seattle, but they always play well there. Cleveland badly lost to Houston in the last 7 2018 games but went toe to toe with the Ravens on the road week 17.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see anything Arizona did this offseason magnifying what the Browns did the previous one. Cleveland was not hyped because of ODB alone. They also got Vernon and Hunt. And Mayfield had set the league on fire after Hue's firing winning five games in seven weeks. Kyler did not do what Mayfield did and he certainly didn't have a better-winning % with Kliff.

But as I said above, it's not the same. Arizona still got swept by the Rams, a team that had nothing to play for week 17, the last five weeks, and lost at home to a mediocre Steelers team. Sure they won at Seattle, but they always play well there. Cleveland badly lost to Houston in the last 7 2018 games but went toe to toe with the Ravens on the road week 17.
Division games are always competitive. As I said, I hope they play all Sunday games, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they got a Monday and Sunday night game because there is a general interest in Kyler, Kliff and Hopkins. They play an exciting brand of football.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The London games were fine at first as a once-a-year gimmick but it hit overkill, especially when it's on at 9:30 a.m. on the east coast for what's usually two mediocre teams.

Steelers/Cowboys in Mexico City as the two most popular teams down there would've been cool, though.

I heard rumors it was gonna be V’s Philly and I was ready to go back to El jefe!
Those London games were on at 6:30 am out here.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cards will play the Rams on MNF if they get one. The Rams will need a second MNF game as they're really going to be squeezed. This will come at the expense of Indy and Atlanta. Minnesota, should they be the TNF spot for the Cowboys after Thanksgiving, will play TB on MNF and Min/Indy gets replaced. That's scenario 1.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Releasing the schedule now is a mistake.

There's no reason to do it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With MLB starting in a hopeful July, this is like releasing on Wild Card weekend.

They shouldn't do it. It's going to be amended and people will end up angry. They should wait another three weeks.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FlyerFinFan is going to have to quit complaining about only getting 7 home games because the Dolphins gave up a home game to host the Superbowl.

I see a meltdown coming on if the season gets shortened.....
There had to be a fucking worldwide pandemic to keep the Fins from losing another home game its sickening. Stop that shit already.

Did you see that NE plays a Thursday road game which is almost shocking? But guess what….they play the Sunday and Thursday both in LA! They don’t even have to take a bus. Talk about convenient. I thought the Fins caught a break with a Thursday away game in Jax but they are worse off than the patsies. Guess when Miami last had a Thursday night home game….2014! Yes and they won it against Buf because its an advantage they rarely get. Meanwhile the patsies have had 5 Thursday home games since 2014 and won them all….how does that happen if you are being fair with your scheduling? Let’s not even bring up how many home games have the patsies given up to play in England…we know the answer to that. You don’t even have to make up this kind of bias.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There had to be a fucking worldwide pandemic to keep the Fins from losing another home game its sickening. Stop that shit already.

Did you see that NE plays a Thursday road game which is almost shocking? But guess what….they play the Sunday and Thursday both in LA! They don’t even have to take a bus. Talk about convenient. I thought the Fins caught a break with a Thursday away game in Jax but they are worse off than the patsies. Guess when Miami last had a Thursday night home game….2014! Yes and they won it against Buf because its an advantage they rarely get. Meanwhile the patsies have had 5 Thursday home games since 2014 and won them all….how does that happen if you are being fair with your scheduling? Let’s not even bring up how many home games have the patsies given up to play in England…we know the answer to that. You don’t even have to make up this kind of bias.

TMDNR (but I have heard it from you many times!)

tin-foil-hat.jpg

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TMDNR (but I have heard it from you many times!)

tin-foil-hat.jpg
Numbers don't lie... Miami still has to go on the road but whatever I'm not expecting any kind of handout from the league. Overall schedule is better since they don't have to go to London. Would prefer to play the patsies later in the season since they've added so many new players but it is what it is. I can still see them upsetting them week one definitely possible.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe American fans can pay more taxes or otherwise fund their own stadium upgrades instead of bitching about owners generating money from International games. :noidea:

Miami and Jacksonville will now give up home games next year instead. Whatever.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i LOVE mcafee. all around. But i think hes better on the sidelines and pre-games.