• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So now that the NFL cancelled international games

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my short week reference was more about the Thursday crap than anything. The only thing they could keep imo is Thanksgiving but only 2 games and make sure the teams are coming off byes. The NFL has even ruined that day by saturating it.
As for Monday night, my beef has more to do with how horrible ESPN is and has been for a very long time.

Well, they're changing the crew again.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe American fans can pay more taxes or otherwise fund their own stadium upgrades instead of bitching about owners generating money from International games. :noidea:

Miami and Jacksonville will now give up home games next year instead. Whatever.

It's not even necessarily voluntary. Rams/Raiders/Chargers had to sign off on a certain number of international games to get their moves approved.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
th
You have absolutely nothing to bitch about patsies never lose a home game and play the majority of their Thursday night games at home.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even necessarily voluntary. Rams/Raiders/Chargers had to sign off on a certain number of international games to get their moves approved.
I didn't comment on voluntary or forced International scheduling. I didn't comment on the right or wrong of having games played outside the US. I'm merely pointing out that part of the extra money generated from these games goes towards towards building new stadiums and renovating older stadiums. If US fans are against that then they ought to come up with a different funding plan. As it is US fans seem to be against anything other than owners paying for stadiums by themselves. If owners are forced to be fully financially responsible for everything then they should be allowed to locate franchises based on financial matters. US fans are against that as well.

I don't have a problem with the rules regarding teams giving up home games to the International Series. If a team relocates, (causing financial loss and bad publicity), or wants money from the financial pot for stadia development then those teams should shoulder the burden of generating the extra money through the International Series.

If it all gets scrapped and some other method is found for US fans to fund developments then i'm fine with that.