• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't hold them to a higher standard, we hold them to the same standard, and they fall short every time.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we get UCF in our bowl game.. ..that should end this talk one way or another..

Yeah, because if we beat the Gators, that'll cement our greatness! lol come on, now.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because if we beat the Gators, that'll cement our greatness! lol come on, now.

Lol, must have looked up bowl projections. Good edit.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what you're talking about....:-)

sqtYh99.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, must have looked up bowl projections. Good edit.
Caught that too did you? Terry is good at typing before/without thinking or researching FIRST.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 in total offense
#5 in 3rd down conversions
#4 in rushing offense
#9 in sacks allowed
#7 in scoring offense
#2 in turnover margin

So only 3 stats matter in the judgement of a team?

It's hard to make a stat based argument looking at your schedule. It is about like pretending Drew Locke is one of the best qb's in the SEC.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught that too did you? Terry is good at typing before/without thinking or researching FIRST.

At least he salvaged this one with what he should have said in the first place. Like Florida is the gold standard who is gonna put UCF in their place. They’ll just be pissed they have to leave the state for their bowl game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Listen, IDK what y'all are talking about. This is news to me. This is blasphemous!

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are one of the 4 best. I do think Clemson, ND, Michigan, Georgia and Bama, IN THAT ORDER, are better than UCF. But, I'm not gonna sit here and say they don't deserve to be in the playoff. G5 teams will always be met with this stigma. We play crappy schedules. Yes, but, outside of maybe 2-3 games, so to mostly ALL P5 teams. If anyone thinks that UCF isn't AT LEAST a top 10 team in the country right now, they don't know college football. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings.

You might be a top 10 team, but you also might be a top 15 team. I think anyone in the 3-15 range is capable of beating anyone in that group on a given Saturday.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might be a top 10 team, but you also might be a top 15 team. I think anyone in the 3-15 range is capable of beating anyone in that group on a given Saturday.

IDK if we hang in with Georgia or Michigan. To be honest. But I will say we could hang in there/beat Oklahoma, LSU and those below them and above us.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if we hang in with Georgia or Michigan. To be honest. But I will say we could hang in there/beat Oklahoma, LSU and those below them and above us.

You might have to find a running game to beat Georgia, but I'm not excited about Michigan.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have to find a running game to beat Georgia, but I'm not excited about Michigan.

Yeah we aren't gonna be able to throw against those type of teams and be successful all game long. They will figure us out early.

Inquisitor95

Unexpected Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's the Buff fan white knighting for UCF?

:doobs:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very obvious that UCF is one of the best teams in the nation, they also completely destroyed the 2nd best team in the ACC like clearly made it look like Pitt belonged on the same field as them.

in terms of the playoff it looks like we clearly have the best 4 teams in Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame and Michigan. If Michigan somehow lost to Ohio State or something even more unforeseen happens then UCF deserves a shot

It's not like anyone is going to beat Bama anyway

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly their resume isn't good enough to be top 4

However does anyone here legitimately think UCF couldn't compete with pretty much anyone ?

I debate on this this forum all the time with people about expanding the playoff and I hear consistently " it's the committees job to pick the 4 best teams "

Ok . So why does the SoS matter then ? Is it not entirely possible UCF is one of the 4 best teams in the country even if their resume isn't one of the 4 best ?

If you concede it is POSSIBLE for them to actually be one of the 4 best teams despite their resume then why do we hold UCF ( and other G5) to a higher standard than we do P5?

This is not me advocating for UCF. I'm just curious as to why we hold G5 teams to a "deserving " standard we don't hold P5 teams to

This is one of the major problems I have with college football system.

Any team, especially ones ranked in the top 25, have the ability to run the table, if given the opportunity.

The question should never be about which teams would/could beat each other, in a head-to-head matchup. That's silly in my view. None of us here are the greatest sports betters of all-time or can predict how any team would play on a given Saturday or Sunday.

Just look at the Peach Bowl. The predictive models all said that Auburn would win easily. Most of the media talking heads said that UCF cannot handle SEC speed. They ended up being proven wrong. And when they were wrong, they made up excuses for why Auburn decided not to show up. It was never about them being the "better team".

It should always be about resume. I always liked the concept of marrying together SOS and winning% together. I think it's the most efficient method. In other words, you play a weak or average schedule, you have to run the table. If you play a quality, brilliant schedule, you can afford to lose a couple of losses.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really the opposite is true. Most sports in this country don't crown the best team. They hold a tournament at seasons end and crown the last one standing.

You can't get more true than crowing the best team in the sport that year.

I'd rather it be hard to win myself and not a participation trophy. There's a solid reason I typically prefer CFB over the NFL although I follow both. Seahawks went into the playoffs one year at 7-9 and knocked off the Saints in the first round. That was just gross. An abomination.

No, the world wouldn't implode if an 8th seed or 16th seed or whatever other nonsense some want ended up with a title. It would at that point just be yet another last man standing trophy in a sea of them that this country is endlessly obsessed over. Maybe I'd have to take up european soccer at that point or something. :L
It's a system based off fear and money. And it sucks.

Big schools are afraid of losing what they've paid for, like Nebraska now or Michigan until the last two weeks. So they hide from the lil guys.

It's fucking gay. Bama should want UCF. Not the other way around.

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a system based off fear and money. And it sucks.

Big schools are afraid of losing what they've paid for, like Nebraska now or Michigan until the last two weeks. So they hide from the lil guys.

It's fucking gay. Bama should want UCF. Not the other way around.
why should bama want ucf? Winning the aac doesn't mean you are legit and beating auburn doesnt make you bama ready. Im asking a simply question..

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Commie Powers that be are better than your Commie Powers that be.

Preseason polls said so.

So fucking dumb. It's a good thing I can gamble on it or I'd care more about HS sports. Less commies, real Divisions but not juice.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why should bama want ucf? Winning the aac doesn't mean you are legit and beating auburn doesnt make you bama ready. Im asking a simply question..
Who else do they have to beat?

The Citadel again?

They should want to the best, not WalMart cupcakes.