• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said a conference should protect itself, if yours isn't then it's just fucking stupid.
Bullshit. The pac has boosted its reputation to levels not previously thought to be possible by making sure top teams have the toughest road possible. Makes it look super competitive, everyone’s real impressed.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want teams to cancel conference games to fit into your pussyassed system in the SEC. like I said, paying kids to take their lunch money.

Once again please show me where the fuck it's Alabama's responsibility to make sure UCF gets any damn thing. There is an opening, and if you want to be recognized, then you take what's available.

Just like other teams have done throughout history to gain respect. Florida St back in the day got no respect, they would take ANY game they could get, then they would go and win them. Now look at where they are.

Alabama had to do it 90 years ago to get the South any respect at all, traveling all the way to the Rose Bowl after all their other picks turned the offer down, only to go out and win the game nobody gave them a chance in. And then they did it multiple other times.

Besides, I already showed you that if UCF had really wanted Alabama, they had the chance to open the season against them and they didn't take it.

It's the most lucrative minor league system by far though. So I get it.

This argument in general is just fucking retarded. Nobody makes "profit", there are no shareholders. The money is important but 100% of it is put BACK into the school's athletic department and it goes towards paying for a lot of other sports.

Trying to pass it off like it's some corporate money is the only thing that matters is just lame.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You struggle with unranked teams already....

12 pt win over Temple...and you were losing at halftime.

1 pt win over Memphis, again losing at halftime.

11 pt win over Navy, this one you fell apart after halftime.

You simple do not know football.

Alabama tied with Citadel at halftime at home.

#dintwanttobethere

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You struggle with unranked teams already....

12 pt win over Temple...and you were losing at halftime.

1 pt win over Memphis, again losing at halftime.

11 pt win over Navy, this one you fell apart after halftime.

You simple do not know football.
you can make an argument that a win is a win

You have a psu team that

almost lost to app state
lost to OSU
Lost to MSU
struggled with Indiana
struggled with iowa
shitstomped by michigan
fairly close game with wiscy
only beat rutgers by 13

they did beat pitt badly, and kent state and they are top 15 in the country

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can make an argument that a win is a win

You have a psu team that

almost lost to app state
lost to OSU
Lost to MSU
struggled with Indiana
struggled with iowa
shitstomped by michigan
fairly close game with wiscy
only beat rutgers by 13

they did beat pitt badly, and kent state and they are top 15 in the country

A win is no doubt a win. When you have the SoS behind it especially. Ugly wins count, and the final score doesn't matter.

But when you go towards looking at team strength, then those kinds of things start to matter. Can't struggle to beat teams like that, then claim it's a sign you could beat teams in the top10.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is no doubt a win. When you have the SoS behind it especially. Ugly wins count, and the final score doesn't matter.

But when you go towards looking at team strength, then those kinds of things start to matter. Can't struggle to beat teams like that, then claim it's a sign you could beat teams in the top10.
lol y psu does

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama tied with Citadel at halftime at home.

#dintwanttobethere
They got bored with blowing teams out in the first half so they did it in the 2nd half this time. Gotta mix it up every now and then.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we are one of the 4 best. I do think Clemson, ND, Michigan, Georgia and Bama, IN THAT ORDER, are better than UCF. But, I'm not gonna sit here and say they don't deserve to be in the playoff. G5 teams will always be met with this stigma. We play crappy schedules. Yes, but, outside of maybe 2-3 games, so to mostly ALL P5 teams. If anyone thinks that UCF isn't AT LEAST a top 10 team in the country right now, they don't know college football. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings.

Other tan your thought that Alabama is #5 not a bad post. UCF has earned a spot in the playoffs if there was 8 teams. It would be interesting to see how they would perform. They won their bowl game over Auburn last year.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you arguing that PSU should be ranked higher than UCF for doing the same thing, because otherwise I'm not sure what your point is.
no im merely stating that saying they struggled in some games effects their ranking, should be applicable to everyone, and its not.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see how UCF would have a harder time than Boston College
I agree. You put UCF in the ACC in BC's place...my bet is they'd handle that schedule just as well as BC does or even better.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like other teams have done throughout history to gain respect. Florida St back in the day got no respect, they would take ANY game they could get, then they would go and win them. Now look at where they were prior to this year.
:fify:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. You put UCF in the ACC in BC's place...my bet is they'd handle that schedule just as well as BC does or even better.

For how many years though.

That's the thing about joining conferences is that you have to play those teams year after year. You don't get the benefit of being a winning program, you quickly become settled in at a lower rank and then struggle to win games in your conference, and a few years of this and it's going to become a struggle.

What is going to differentiate them from any other team that loses to the top teams in the conference 5 years from now? I think that's kind of what we are seeing with teams like TCU. They've kind of faded a bit, it'll be interesting to see if they are able to recover while at the same time having to deal with not being a 11 and 12 win football team in a weaker conference.

Utah has done so-so in the Pac12, but that's not saying a ton right now.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, probably not, but the losses would have piled up with Clemson and Notre Dame on the schedule and we wouldn't be talking about them.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which P5 team should replace Cincinnati in the polls this week?

A G5 team lost.

giphy.gif

:playball:

The answer is........... (7-4) Pittsburgh who entered the AP at #24 and the Coaches at #25 for beating (5-6) Wake Forest.

As predicted (9-2) Cincinnati dropped from the rankings.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For how many years though.

That's the thing about joining conferences is that you have to play those teams year after year. You don't get the benefit of being a winning program, you quickly become settled in at a lower rank and then struggle to win games in your conference, and a few years of this and it's going to become a struggle.

What is going to differentiate them from any other team that loses to the top teams in the conference 5 years from now? I think that's kind of what we are seeing with teams like TCU. They've kind of faded a bit, it'll be interesting to see if they are able to recover while at the same time having to deal with not being a 11 and 12 win football team in a weaker conference.

Utah has done so-so in the Pac12, but that's not saying a ton right now.
All true. UCF would definitely settle in to something similar to what BC is if they were in the ACC. That's the point. Ain't much difference if you swap out UCF and BC. Same, same. Never be the top dog in the ACC but could be top dog in the AAC at times.

Using your TCU and Utah as examples. They've settled in and aren't top dogs in the Big 12 or Pac 12. But, teams like Texas Tech, Arizona, Iowa State, Cal etc have been members of the PAC 12 and Big 12 for years and haven't done shit either. Only a handful of P5 schools are capable of sustaining success over a period of time...and we all know who those are.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! Spectrum Stadium is bigger than stadiums affiliated with: Baylor, TCU, Boston College, Vanderbilt, West Virginia, Wazzu, Duke, Wake Forest, etc...

Yeah you are dead wrong on at least one of those. Congrats on being a jackass though.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, probably not, but the losses would have piled up with Clemson and Notre Dame on the schedule and we wouldn't be talking about them.
Never said UCF would be undefeated in the ACC like the are in the American. And BC probably wouldn't be undefeated in the American either.