• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So let's legitimately talk UCF

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dr-evil-right.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which P5 team should replace Cincinnati in the polls this week?

A G5 team lost.

giphy.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a system based off fear and money. And it sucks.

Big schools are afraid of losing what they've paid for, like Nebraska now or Michigan until the last two weeks. So they hide from the lil guys.

It's fucking gay. Bama should want UCF. Not the other way around.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

The cycle of OOC schedules goes out sometimes a decade. Didn't AG just post a link to a H/H deal UW just signed for 2028 and 2031? ffs it's crazy how far out these things can go to make happen.

There is zero fear in scheduling, outside of in some cases the worry a hot team now won't be hot at the time you play them. No, it's not for every slot. In UW's case they try to have a solid national player for one, another P5 at least middle of the road, and then a crappy P5, G5, or FCS. The so-called A B C level games. You don't want to schedule what you think should be a B game against a solid G5 only to have their HC snatched up by a P5 team looking to upgrade and that team falls back into obscurity again before you play them. It's not a minor consideration and so many teams have paid the price for rolling that dice in the past.

Hell, even in P5 ranks that can happen like when Rutgers was trending up for a second, scheduled them, their HC got picked up by someone else and they fell off a cliff to being a complete joke before we reached them.

As for Bama, everyone says they want Bama. Not just post season, but OOC. There isn't really any team that wouldn't answer that call and take an offer, even one of those shitty neutral site jobs they get away with. They have their pick. While most of us have a much smaller pool to draw from.

It isn't about the fear thing, but for sure with Bama and many others in their realm it is about money. If it makes sense financially to schedule someone they do so. Again with so many options why wouldn't they take the deals that bring the most cash to them?

Cafe_Puro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else do they have to beat?

The Citadel again?

They should want to the best, not WalMart cupcakes.
the best? The best AAC team is just that. Not much different than the best MAC or Sunbelt. Butbthat is exactly why UCF wants a bama.. Legitimacy.. Bama doesnt need UCF to validate them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is nobody talking about North Korea? They should get a chance too, or should Bama want Korea?

:think:

DKmyRV6VYAAhzi7.jpg

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to play UCF in the playoffs except it would screw over a team that should have gone to start with.
Yeah, but you aren't the AD.

Who has made a career out of paying trailer parks to take their lunch money.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best? The best AAC team is just that. Not much different than the best MAC or Sunbelt. Butbthat is exactly why UCF wants a bama.. Legitimacy.. Bama doesnt need UCF to validate them.
More importantly, they fear being delegitimized.

(That's a word now)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you aren't the AD.

Who has made a career out of paying trailer parks to take their lunch money.

What do you think you know about the AD? Alabama has to beg people to come play them. You think Alabama AD has the power to force teams to play them?

If UCF wants bama, then all they have to do is call Alabama up and say they'll play them in November. If Alabama declines, then make it public that Alabama turned them down for a FCS game instead.

However, I doubt that will happen because Alabama has been trying for years to get someone other than FCS that game, but nobody seems to want to play Alabama the week before their rival game for some reason.

UCF doesn't want Alabama, they want the standards to be lowered so they can make it to the playoffs and call it an accomplishment. They play Alabama in the regular season and they get nothing for it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think you know about the AD? Alabama has to beg people to come play them. You think Alabama AD has the power to force teams to play them?

If UCF wants bama, then all they have to do is call Alabama up and say they'll play them in November. If Alabama declines, then make it public that Alabama turned them down for a FCS game instead.

However, I doubt that will happen because Alabama has been trying for years to get someone other than FCS that game, but nobody seems to want to play Alabama the week before their rival game for some reason.

UCF doesn't want Alabama, they want the standards to be lowered so they can make it to the playoffs and call it an accomplishment. They play Alabama in the regular season and they get nothing for it.
You want them to cancel a conference game to facilitate the SECs retarded scheduling?

Your conference protects itself, from itself at the end. That's weak sauce.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want them to cancel a conference game to facilitate the SECs retarded scheduling?

I'm really not sure where you get the idea that college football is a charity and it's up to the other teams to make things happen for teams like UCF. It's not.

Btw, UCF had a chance to play Alabama this year but backed out on it according to insiders. Although this claims it was for other reasons, the real story is supposedly that UCF initially agreed, but then backed out. Supposedly Louisville had agreed to switch to the UConn opponent and such.

Honestly didn't think it was actually true until I came across this article this morning. So it's at least partially true and the game was attempted.

And Alabama would have played in the game as Alabama signs up for those things to play against any opponent and has no choice in the matter. They didn't even contact Alabama about it as a result.

Alabama, UCF clash to kick off 2018 season briefly discussed, dropped

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was kind of the point. A good man P5 schools can't survive the P5 grind either. But, they are capable of ruining the season of contenders by getting up for a game or two along the way.

Hell, I was just looking at the standings for all the P5s. One thing I thought was crazy is that right now 50% of the Big 12 teams have 3-5 conference records! Baylor, TCU, K-State, Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. That's a whole lot of mediocrity or a case of up/down, up/down, up/down...or both. Oklahoma State is one of those 3-5 teams. Two of their three wins are over Texas and West Virginia, 2/3s of the top three. And two of their five losses are a one point loss to OU and a six point loss to Iowa State. Point being they can't survive the grind either.

That might’ve been the point that you were trying to make, but it’s not the point i took away from your post.

I took it that Boston college can threaten Clemson but can’t manage an entire season against like teams.

I don’t see how UCF would have a harder time than Boston College because they’ve shown on the field to be capable of something Boston college is yet to prove. Cincinnati is the same way, when comparing their schedule and results to that of NC State or Syracuse or Pitt it’s hard to say that the ACC teams outside of Clemson are better than the AAC teams outside of UCF. So, the grind that Clemson and UCF face are rather similar.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Army can almost beat Oklahoma, UCF can beat Oklahoma.
If Purdue can beat Ohio State, UCF can beat Ohio State.
If Oklahoma State can beat West Virginia, UCF can beat West Virginia.
If Florida can beat LSU, UCF can beat LSU.
If USC can beat Washington State, UCF can beat Washington State.

Come at me.
you cannot make those correlations

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And this is total bullshit. It's just teams who want to be 100% for their rival and nothing more.

That said a conference should protect itself, if yours isn't then it's just fucking stupid. If teams want a bye week before rivals on the conference schedule, then why shouldn't they? Much like your idea that you think college football teams should bend over backwards to accommodate UCF, I also don't understand where you get the idea that conferences should work against their own teams. That's just stupid.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how many college fans have so many ill informed unbreakable opinions based off fallacious assumptions and bogus data.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how many college fans have so many ill informed unbreakable opinions based off fallacious assumptions and bogus data.
all i know is pitts playing for the acc title, they suck, wvu choked, bama is insanely good. Clemson , ND, meechigan look great.......... then you might as well give wash state or UCF a shot

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is total bullshit. It's just teams who want to be 100% for their rival and nothing more.

That said a conference should protect itself, if yours isn't then it's just fucking stupid. If teams want a bye week before rivals on the conference schedule, then why shouldn't they? Much like your idea that you think college football teams should bend over backwards to accommodate UCF, I also don't understand where you get the idea that conferences should work against their own teams. That's just stupid.
You want teams to cancel conference games to fit into your pussyassed system in the SEC. like I said, paying kids to take their lunch money.

It's the most lucrative minor league system by far though. So I get it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if we hang in with Georgia or Michigan. To be honest. But I will say we could hang in there/beat Oklahoma, LSU and those below them and above us.

You struggle with unranked teams already....

12 pt win over Temple...and you were losing at halftime.

1 pt win over Memphis, again losing at halftime.

11 pt win over Navy, this one you fell apart after halftime.

You simple do not know football.