• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I'm reading some articles on ESPN.com

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you do to Leo that he's negging all your posts again?

Said some things to him ( When pretty blitzed, actually had a 2 day hangover) I shouldn't have . I since have apologized publicly & privately. In the private message , he said we're good. But the old fart won't let it go. Probably is pissed I put him on IGNORE as well.
I really give 2 shits about the negging stuff. Just think that's his way of trying to irritate me. I don't even look at that stuff.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said some things to him ( When pretty blitzed, actually had a 2 day hangover) I shouldn't have . I since have apologized publicly & privately. In the private message , he said we're good. But the old fart won't let it go. Probably is pissed I put him on IGNORE as well.
I really give 2 shits about the negging stuff. Just think that's his way of trying to irritate me. I don't even look at that stuff.

I dont get it

Total Posts
Total Posts: 2,797
Posts Per Day: 6.92
Find all posts by Peter Gozintite
Find all threads started by Peter Gozintite
Thumbs Up?
Thumbs Up Received: 645
Thumbs Down Received: 31
Thumbs Up Given: 228
Thumbs Down Given: 0

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get it

Total Posts
Total Posts: 2,797
Posts Per Day: 6.92
Find all posts by Peter Gozintite
Find all threads started by Peter Gozintite
Thumbs Up?
Thumbs Up Received: 645
Thumbs Down Received: 31
Thumbs Up Given: 228
Thumbs Down Given: 0

Just here to talk football, and maybe have friendly laugh. Never been much of stat guy. Pay too much attention to stats , they could drive you crazy.:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm there too. IMO, he is Dingus 2.0.

Yeah… the "Go Bears" at the end of all of his posts… the strange passive/aggressive approach to his posting.

I was wrong. Dingus is definitely back.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not pissed at all. The thing that bothers me is the alcohol excuse. Stop using that as an excuse and man up. The shit you said on a message board was pretty bad but you used alcohol ad an excuse. Maybe its time to give up the shit. I woukd love to see you say thst shit to someones face.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackass they had a whole bracket break down. those are the only two left. fuck Jim Brown

Well, don't look at me, I have Gale Sayers over Walter Payton as my all time starting Bear running back, and just watch how many posts roast me alive for this belief.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, don't look at me, I have Gale Sayers over Walter Payton as my all time starting Bear running back, and just watch how many posts roast me alive for this belief.

I see you're old school too.:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Literal mental retardation.

That is all I have to say. We've been through this. Sayers numbers at his best doesn't compare to Walter in something like 9 different seasons.

You will only EVER hear this opinion from old timers who want to trick themselves into thinking they're "one upping" those youngsters, who "just never saw what they did".

Billy Sims… when is the last time you heard that name in NFL lore? Oh yeah… never. The guy who literally had the EXACT same career as Gale Sayers, and went for more yards in fewer seasons. Having two seasons better than Sayers ever did within a decade of Sayers on similarly shit teams. Who also had his career end early because of an injury.

Billy Sims NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Gale Sayers NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

What a crock of shit this "Sayers is the greatest Bears RB" crap is. Bunch of want to contrarians.

It's like… I wouldn't be such a dick, but it's such pro-found absurdity. It's not even CLOSE. Not even AT ALL.

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Literal mental retardation.

That is all I have to say. We've been through this. Sayers numbers at his best doesn't compare to Walter in something like 9 different seasons.

You will only EVER hear this opinion from old timers who want to trick themselves into thinking they're "one upping" those youngsters, who "just never saw what they did".

Billy Sims… when is the last time you heard that name in NFL lore? Oh yeah… never. The guy who literally had the EXACT same career as Gale Sayers, and went for more yards in fewer seasons. Having two seasons better than Sayers ever did within a decade of Sayers on similarly shit teams. Who also had his career end early because of an injury.

Billy Sims NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

Gale Sayers NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com

What a crock of shit this "Sayers is the greatest Bears RB" crap is. Bunch of want to contrarians.

It's like… I wouldn't be such a dick, but it's such pro-found absurdity. It's not even CLOSE. Not even AT ALL.

Not to be ignorant or anything . But evidently you never saw Sayers play a game . Sorry , but numbers just don't mean diddly to me.
I watched Sayers play against some of the meanest MFs the game has seen. His days were numbered.
Walter , while I loved him, had much better playing conditions in which to succeed.
I grew up watching real football. Not the BS they're throwing at us now.
I still love the game.
But you can't disrespect what guys did in the earlier YRs.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kinda bullshit is this. ^^?

Walter Payton was every bit the football player Sayers was and MORE. Real football my ass. When Walter played he was the Bears and took punishment every game for the first years of his career and got better. Gale Sayers SHOULD be Fucking HONORED to be 2nd to Walter Payton in the Bears history of running backs

C

cubzzzfanincali

I don't have a strong opinion on Payton vs. Sayers, simply because I haven't seen anywhere near as much of Sayers' work. No doubt at all that Payton statistically wins, but of course stats aren't everything. The one thing Gale Sayers has in his corner is he has more truly, truly, truly incredibly dramatic runs that make for great highlights. But I think Payton was the better workhorse, the better down-to-down runner. Payton played on some truly awful teams, I don't really buy the "it was a different era and he had a much better situation" argument. But, again, I haven't seen anywhere near as much of Sayers career as I did Walter's.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's is interesting to think about the different era's and if this guy, or that guy would succeed in a different era... The question I would ask is: If in their prime which "all time" RB would still succeed in todays game?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walter , while I loved him, had much better playing conditions in which to succeed.

Playing conditions? Such as the astroturf Walter played most of his career on?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sayers was the better runner and Payton the better football player. Much like AP is the better runner and Forte the better football player.