• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I'm reading some articles on ESPN.com

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...that happen to be favorable to the Bears. That in itself is kinda weird since sports writers these days are either tongue-juggling the collective sacks of the Seahawks or spouting accolades about AR and the Packers. Anyway, toward the bottom of these articles is a comments section where people can post their ideas or opinions about the article. While reading these, I was completely shocked how many Packer fans post on articles about the Bears. Although I don't have any empirical data, it just seems Packer fans are slamming positive statements about the Bears made by media outlets more frequently than usual.

Have any of you guys read these articles and noticed the comments? I personally think some Packer fans are a wee bit nervous. The gap between the Packers and Bears has been closing over the last few years and this year may be the tipping point for the Bears. I am not discounting Detroit or Minnesota, just simply focusing on the Packers-Bears.

Just curious.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. I post on a couple other boards from time-to-time. When I'm slacking during work, or whatever.

Every time I make a Bears related thread, the few Packers fans flock to try and derail any positive hopes I have. It's a very obvious sign that they're nervous. Even if during free agency I just make a thread about a player the Bears signed, the first to reply was almost always a Packers fan telling me how we "overpaid" or this didn't help the team at all.

Also, when I engage them back in-depth and tell them they sound scared. All they can do is say the usual "LOLOLOLOL! SCARED of baby-boy Cutler!?"… "What's your record against us the last five seasons again? LMAO!" As if past meetings are somehow relevant to future meetings with new coaches, new schemes, new players, etc...

It's a HUGE sign that they're growing a bit nervous. I've said this before on this board, so not to sound like a broken record. But you will not see them doing this much, if at all to Detroit or Minnesota fans. Why? Because they know that they shouldn't have much of a problem dealing with them. The Bears are on their minds, and when they're reminded that the gap is closing, it provokes them to react in an emotional manner by lashing out against their thoughts. It's almost like an inner-battle with themselves, more than fighting with Bears fans.

I mean, I'm not saying that the Bears are ready to over-take the Packers. I'm just simply being an arm-chair psychologist, observing and reporting what I see. :suds:

C

cubzzzfanincali

For all the - excuse me - totally fucking ridiculous talk of the 49ers vs Seahawks rivalry being the greatest going right now (excuse me, it isn't even in the top ten, not even in the nfl), this is just another sign of a truly great rivalry. Our foes sense the enemy is on the rise again, and they are scrambling around like chickens that hear wolves outside the henhouse. We have been on the losing side for several years here, but that could very well change soon.

But we have to actually do it first. Until then, we got nothing.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely put guys. I thought I was the only one who even cared to notice, but I'm glad you guys see this as well. It just seems so much more blatant this off-season.

I just hope the Bears can deliver.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all the - excuse me - totally fucking ridiculous talk of the 49ers vs Seahawks rivalry being the greatest going right now (excuse me, it isn't even in the top ten, not even in the nfl), this is just another sign of a truly great rivalry. Our foes sense the enemy is on the rise again, and they are scrambling around like chickens that hear wolves outside the henhouse. We have been on the losing side for several years here, but that could very well change soon.

But we have to actually do it first. Until then, we got nothing.

You do know that that "rivalry" thing you like... *whispers: it's just for the fans...

Winning or losing to the Packers holds the same amount of weight as the Vikings and Lions. Just thought you would like to be reminded of that. :laugh3:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that that "rivalry" thing you like... *whispers: it's just for the fans...

Winning or losing to the Packers holds the same amount of weight as the Vikings and Lions. Just thought you would like to be reminded of that. :laugh3:

Just for the fans? Have you ever played football?

When I played at Florida State, the games against Miami and Florida meant more to us than any other games during the season. I'm pretty sure the same holds true for the NFL as well. Hell, even Lovie Smith proclaimed his first goal as coach of the Bears was to beat the Packers. Players and coaches get up for these games more than any other... Are you sure you are not Dingus from the ESPN boards?

Holy shit dude, I'm really getting annoyed with your stupid posts. Are you sure you are teaching 7th grade and not in 7th grade????

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're kind of a cock.

Errm… a meatball… I mean.

Your condescending dickhead posts that aren't half as intelligent as you think, are growing old rather quickly.

Yeah, totally… you can tell that the Yankees and Red Sox players don't give a shit at all about that rivalry. *WHISPERS*… They never fight or chirp at each other. Ever. It never happens. :laugh3:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're kind of a cock.

Errm… a meatball… I mean.

Your condescending dickhead posts that aren't half as intelligent as you think, are growing old rather quickly.

Yeah, totally… you can tell that the Yankees and Red Sox players don't give a shit at all about that rivalry. *WHISPERS*… They never fight or chirp at each other. Ever. It never happens. :laugh3:

Rich, it has to be dice dominator aka Arlington H., aka Dingus. No one can be this fucking stupid.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich, it has to be dice dominator aka Arlington H., aka Dingus. No one can be this fucking stupid.

Nah… I don't think it's Dice. Not near clever enough of trolling. I honestly think it may not even be trolling.

Dice was a genius at what he did. He never showed his hand, and always played it perfectly to frustrate the shit out of posters who had no idea what was going on.

This just seems like some guy being a snarky dick, who thinks he's way more intelligent than he is. But we'll see… maybe it's a new dingus character. If so, it'll at least lead to some entertainment. lol

C

cubzzzfanincali

I doubt it. I'm pretty sure that players hold grudges better than fans. Maybe what you mean to say is it is a different sort of grudge, maybe not the same one the fans experience. Theirs is probably a lot fiercer, and maybe more specific towards certain players who beat them. Do Tom Brady and Peyton Manning not have a rivalry? Amongst themselves? I bet if you ask their wives, the answer is much more likely "yes" than "no". Good thing for wives to be associated with "yes".

You know, Joey, with a few more listening skills and a little better mastery of your own thinking/writing skills, you have potential. You are just raw. Often, I think I know what you are trying to say, but you just fuck it up so badly. Anyway, keep trying, but do better.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for the fans? Have you ever played football?
Look, I know football cause I like played football...*grunt football.

When I played at Florida State,Look at me, I wrote I played at FS, Look at, how tough and knowledgeable I am about *grunt football, FS!! (I need confirmation: #, years, position, please, in other words I.Don't.believe.you#internet) the games against Miami and Florida meant more to us than any other games during the season. true or not- college isn't pros. period.
I'm pretty sure the same holds true for the NFL as well. and I'm pretty sure you don't know what you're talking about- It's a PAYCHECK! I'm willing to bet that J. Peppers doesn't really care that he's playing for the Packers now, and J.Allen is playing for the Bears now. like I said- for the fans

Hell, even Lovie Smith proclaimed his first goal as coach of the Bears was to beat the Packers.And that was one of the stupidest fan pandering things he ever did!! look at how much you lapped that up
Players and coaches get up for these games more than any otherum divisional games? yep.... Are you sure you are not Dingus from the ESPN boards?

Holy shit dude, I'm really getting annoyed with your stupid posts.and I'm getting annoyed by your meatballist mentality, learn, think, be critical... or don't they teach you that at "florduh state"< see what I did there? *whispering...I made fun of "your school...that you played grunt football at"

Are you sure you are teaching 7th grade and not in 7th grade???? Ladies and gentlemen we have a winner!!!

You guys are fun. So much material! :lol:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"You're so cool. You're so much smarter than those "sheeple" fans.

You're so edgy… watch out, or you might cut yourself on those edges baby boy. You're such an individual thinker. You're so unique, you're not like those other fans.

They're all sheep. You're special, Joey. So special. Mommy's special little Bears fan.

When you have an opinion, it's because you're unique and are a special thinker. When someone else has an opinion that disagrees with yours… don't worry, Joey. Just remember that's only because they're sheep and "typical dumb Bears fans". You don't even have to backup your opinion with any logic. You just keep being arrogant, snarky, and spouting nonsense… because you're SO special."

Is this along the lines of what you're mother would tell you when she tucked you in at night?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You're so cool. You're so much smarter than those "sheeple" fans.

You're so edgy… watch out, or you might cut yourself on those edges baby boy. You're such an individual thinker. You're so unique, you're not like those other fans.

They're all sheep. You're special, Joey. So special. Mommy's special little Bears fan.

When you have an opinion, it's because you're unique and are a special thinker. When someone else has an opinion that disagrees with yours… don't worry, Joey. Just remember that's only because they're sheep and "typical dumb Bears fans". You don't even have to backup your opinion with any logic. You just keep being arrogant, snarky, and spouting nonsense… because you're SO special."

Is this along the lines of what you're mother would tell you when she tucked you in at night?

Fuck it Rich. The guy can't take a hint, a subtle reply, or you're an asshole.
Just think he's here because other boards kicked him off.
I now have 2 posters on my ignore list. Really can stand his BS.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want to see him run himself in circles with the "Lovie's D couldn't get off of the field bull shit" a little more. Than it's pretty much going to be total "ignore" mode. Hope the rest of the board does the same… but I know they won't.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see him run himself in circles with the "Lovie's D couldn't get off of the field bull shit" a little more. Than it's pretty much going to be total "ignore" mode. Hope the rest of the board does the same… but I know they won't.

:agree: But good luck.:suds:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, I don't have anything to prove to you. I never asked you to believe a word I post, just like I don't care what you do with your life. I simply responded to your statement in the same manner you responded to the rest of us. If you put yourself out there, you're going to get bashed. That simple. If you can't take criticism, which you obviously cannot, don't post. For a proclaimed school teacher you are very cynical and arrogant, which is odd really, but as expected you are also pretty ignorant. Maybe in your contrived world things are simple, but life just isn't so simplistic. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As for your response, it was entertaining; however, it shows you bruise easily. Operant conditioning at its best.

...and you said we were fun. Make sure you look in the mirror next time.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm there too. IMO, he is Dingus 2.0.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't have anything to prove to you. I never asked you to believe a word I post, just like I don't care what you do with your life. I simply responded to your statement in the same manner you responded to the rest of us. If you put yourself out there, you're going to get bashed. That simple. If you can't take criticism, which you obviously cannot, don't post. For a proclaimed school teacher you are very cynical and arrogant, which is odd really, but as expected you are also pretty ignorant. Maybe in your contrived world things are simple, but life just isn't so simplistic. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As for your response, it was entertaining; however, it shows you bruise easily. Operant conditioning at its best.

...and you said we were fun. Make sure you look in the mirror next time.

I still don't think you get it... It is fun. That's the whole point of this message board isn't it? Everyone attacked me for my "meatball" post, and that was the whole point- to raise some eyebrows. (even though I do believe in that)
I have my opinions, and want to share them- I see sports and the Bears a little differently then many "typical" Bears fans. I like to poke fun at that. Simple. That's just who I am. I'm not bruised at all. I just like to type. You will soon see that you can expect it, and just say- Oh man, Joey is going off on this guy- I wonder what he's going to come up with next. Embrace it, comment back, disagree, ignore it, whatever.
Some have chosen the, "fuckin dickhead, ignorant" route- and that's fine too. All dialog is good IMO.
You take it as arrogant, I take it as contributing to a message board. I'm not a troll, I know the Bears, I like talking about the Bears with knowledgeable fans who watch and understand the game. (So we can comment on Cover 2 or the 3 tech, or inside shade, or a high/low read, or a drop into coverage...) believe it or not it's kinda difficult to find a casual fan that can't do that. I hope we can here. I get frustrated with the comment section under an article in the Sun-Times or Trib that has a simple minded: "Cutler Sucks! or "he's gay" or "trestmen is stupid" That's why I'm here. Peace Brother! Beers on Me!
:suds:
GO BEARS!