• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some of Jaylon Smith Scouting reports on BTB

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yesterday 3 or 4 Scouts had snippets of their reports on BTB.com website, they didn't make me fill confident that he's the steal most say he is. The general comments basically all said that he really lacks intelligence and can't read the field at all. If this is true why is he so highly regarded and often compared to L.K. over in Carolina? Sure hope these thing don't hinder his development and we have another Mo Clay. Prior to us drafting I knew nothing about the guy, his highlights look good, but thats truly deceptive. Any Golden Dome fans out there? What kind off player should we expect this guy to be when healthy?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yesterday 3 or 4 Scouts had snippets of their reports on BTB.com website, they didn't make me fill confident that he's the steal most say he is. The general comments basically all said that he really lacks intelligence and can't read the field at all. If this is true why is he so highly regarded and often compared to L.K. over in Carolina? Sure hope these thing don't hinder his development and we have another Mo Clay. Prior to us drafting I knew nothing about the guy, his highlights look good, but thats truly deceptive. Any Golden Dome fans out there? What kind off player should we expect this guy to be when healthy?
I don't know who your "scouts" are, but they are dumb as bricks. Almost Universal that this kid is a smart leader with unbelievable ability, the next Derrick Brooks. That scouting report is a total joke

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not writing the guy off as a loss, but I'm treating his situation like our last second round pick. If we get an eventual starter, then I'll be happy. If he grows into a pro-bowl type player, it was a great pick and I'll eat some crow about my reaction to drafting him. But in my eyes, at pick 34 - we should be able to pluck an eventual starter, so that is where my beef with that pick starts. It is a boom or bust pick and we won't know until next year which way it leans.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this kid probably aint the sharpest tool but since when do you have to be some scholar to chase down QB's. He's probably bright enough to understand schemes and all that is needed to succeed. Relax.... my hunch is that he'll be a starter for you all by mid season 2017. You guys always go for the players that fall in the draft for injury or personal reasons... some hit some don't. My hunch is that Smith will be one that hits for ya.... and it's pissing me off.:gaah:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may never play a down in this league. If he does ever play he may never again physically be the player he was. He may get healthy and possibly still stink. All of these things are possible and reasons we shouldn't have taken him as early as we did IMO. But, criticizing the player he was in College or seeing him as anything but an great prospect if ignoring his injury is more than a little of a :scratch:. He was great

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy was a stud at ND and operated in a complex scheme, I'd be surprised if he had long term issues figuring out the defense. Kind of seems like the least of his worries atm though doesn't it?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does make sense. Jerrah has been looking for steals and has not hit on one since 1994. This kid may never even see the field. Luckily we got Collins and tapper who at the least will be capable backups

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Anonymous Scouts Had To Say About Five Cowboys Rookies Hey so yall don't think this just some dumb crap I just made up. There was another site that also had a couple of anonymous scouts who said similar things about him. On this one only scout 3 had bad things to say. Its just one mans opinion. Don't take it as gospel

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Anonymous Scouts Had To Say About Five Cowboys Rookies Hey so yall don't think this just some dumb crap I just made up. There was another site that also had a couple of anonymous scouts who said similar things about him. On this one only scout 3 had bad things to say. Its just one mans opinion. Don't take it as gospel
Random scout 3, also called Collins a little guy, Collins is listed 6-2, 311, hate to see what he considers big.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another site one scout was critical of his Wonderlic. If I remember correctly he scored an 18, the average guy is expected to score a 22.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any of the negative comments about the scouting report were directed at you, they were directed at the scouts who wrote them. Thanks for posting. While I disagree with it I do like to read differing opinions on our players. You never know who is right in the long run. Book smart and football smarts are two different things so I wouldn't worry too much about the Wonderlic. on the field he seems to play "smart" and I'll take football instincts over general intelligence any day. At least he didn't get a 6 (or whatever it was) like Mo!!!

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anonymous scouts can kiss my dimpled ass on the 50 yard line at Jerry World. Be man enough to state your opinion and the reason why you hold it, simple as that. I am so tired of the faceless opinioned wimps that we have now.

What happened to the days of this is my opinion on "X" topic you don't have to like it or agree with it but its how I feel abut this issue. I respect your right to disagree with me and we can still have a beer together and get along.

Rant over

Smith should be just fine if he can fully recover from his injury. IMHO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Desire and heart can be hard to scout. Smith is the right kind of guy if he recovers. I remember when Theismann said Aikman was a horrible pick

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One opinion I guess

Cowboys

• David Chao points out that Cowboys second-round LB Jaylon Smith is still wearing an AFO brace six months after his injury.
  • According to Chao, the best case scenario for Smith is another six more months of rehab.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another

Jaylon Smith
  • Todd Archer believes Cowboys rookie LB Jaylon Smith opens training camp on the non-football injury list, rather than the PUP list.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and another

Jaylon Smith

• Todd Archer believes Cowboys rookie LB Jaylon Smith opens training camp on the non-football injury list, rather than the PUP list.

I really want to be optimistic about this kids chances, but man, I really regret Dallas making that pick. We should have gotten a guy with the potential to be a starter and the ability to challenge for playing time this year.

Here's hoping that it all works out for Jaylon and the 'Boys. It's such an unknown though, I'm finding it hard not to be skeptical.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One opinion I guess

Cowboys

• David Chao points out that Cowboys second-round LB Jaylon Smith is still wearing an AFO brace six months after his injury.
  • According to Chao, the best case scenario for Smith is another six more months of rehab.
If it is only 6 months and he returns to form this is a steal. That's a big if.