• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things to Watch Bears/Packers

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is IT... PACKER WEEK... While I don't believe much in pro rivalries, I think it's more for the fans, but if you want to "cheer harder" cause it's the Packers, that's great.

I DO think it's an important game for divisional and conference reasons and would help bring more confidence in our young/new Bears. Going 3-1 instead of 2-2 is a big deal.

Match-ups:
Peppers: The Former Bear has started to heat up over the past two games. PFF has him ranked as the #5 3-4 pass rusher and had a game last week. 1 sack, 1 FF, 1 fumble recovery, 3 hurries, 2 tackles for loss-
They have been moving him all over the field and that's been working so far...That's the scary part- On of the positives for the Bears is that Matthews was re-injured his groin last week and didn't finish the game. This could mean that they leave Peppers on one side.

While Peppers will probably have some new motivation to play well against the Bears, I think the Oline and trestman will have it game planned well enough. Facing the Odd and Creative blitzes last week... I was impressed with what our rookie and 2nd string Center could do. Mills and Bushrod will have their hands full, but I'm thinking they can handle it.

Jared Allen: Will face Baktari... I have been impressed with Allen's motor the past two weeks. Without having to worry about an option attack I think Allen could have his best game as a Bear. He's got 16.5 sacks against the Packers in his career. Only twice has he been held without a sack against them in 6 years in Minny. I'm excited to see what he can do this week.
To help Allen- Willie Young will be facing Bulaga who is still playing on a MCL sprain on the right side. We have seen some good pressure in recent weeks and without the fear of an option I think the Dline can breakout against the weaker Pack Oline.

The Running Game
As poor as we have run the ball- we have seen some impressive run defenses in these first 3 weeks. This could be a breakout day for Forte on the ground as well. Granted they have played some decent to good running teams- the Packers have given up an average of 158 yards a game this year. And Forte had 125 and 110 last year. Good stuff for Bears fans.

Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers
3 game stats don't mean much in the grand scheme- but I'm loving that Jay has bested Arod so far this season- 80- 64 in comp. 66.1% to 62.7% 53 more yards, 3 more TD's... and a QB rating higher at 98.2 vs 95.1... Arod has been sacked 9 times this year vs Jay's 7.
YES Jay has one more interception then Aaron... but I'm not as worried as I have been in the past.
I'm hoping and thinking that Jay has turned the corner in this offense and has shown much more control in the past two weeks against better defenses.

ARod hasn't been the same MVP caliber player as we have seen, but They have played some good D's the first 3 weeks. The Pack has won 9 of past 11 games and 5 of the past 6 at CHI.
Is this when the script flips?

Getting the ground game going this week will help everyone involved.

Kyle Fuller vs Jordy Nelson
Kyle leads the league in INT's and FF...he's learned and already nearly perfected the Peanut Punch. I predict another this week. Jordy can get loose and Rodgers can find him. I do know that Conte and Mundy are listed as questionable and hopefully will be able to go- at the very least giving us some much needed depth.

I'm all for a Nice BIG Bears WIN. Less worried about this game then many BEARS/PACKERS games in recent history. And being less worried kinda scares me. As long as we can contain Peppers... run the ball...and have the same or better Jay we've had the past two weeks, I see a 10 point win. GO BEARS

DaSuperfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see a large margin of victory. The Bears tend to not blow teams out and usually play to the level of their competition (good or bad). That Jets game shouldn't have been that close with all the mistakes the Jets made.

Aaron Rodgers always gives the Bears fits and Jay Cutler hasn't had that much success against the Packers, although he did fairly well with Trestman as his HC in last season's finale. The key here in my mind is how healthy will Marshall be for this game. Because the Packers will put up their points against a banged up Bears secondary. The Bears need to be crisp on offense and put up points early.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have some real advantages on GB right now. Anything can happen but we should win this game at home. It will come down to Cutler not making the big mistakes that have killed us against GB the last few years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work Joey but break down the Bears Dline against the GB Oline and vice verses. That is where the game will be decided. That is where we have the advantage.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only one who views the game this way, but I think the Bears win big. Cutler is going to have a breakout game, and with Forte running hard on the soft run D of the Packers, play action opens up nice gains in the passing game. The defense is better than we think. Just saying. I know stats look unimpressive, but there is something different about this team. They are hustling to the ball, I mean it seems like there are 4-5 Bears jerseys around the ball every play. Something is happening on the D, maybe it is attitude... Who knows. But I like the energy and heart. But I digress...

The biggest reason I believe the Bears win big is simply this: After 20+ years of being beat down by the Packers, the Bears finally have the talent and the weapons to overcome a declining GB team. When they start scoring points, it will be like a snowball effect. Emotions will fuel the team. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears win by 20 or more.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only one who views the game this way, but I think the Bears win big. Cutler is going to have a breakout game, and with Forte running hard on the soft run D of the Packers, play action opens up nice gains in the passing game. The defense is better than we think. Just saying. I know stats look unimpressive, but there is something different about this team. They are hustling to the ball, I mean it seems like there are 4-5 Bears jerseys around the ball every play. Something is happening on the D, maybe it is attitude... Who knows. But I like the energy and heart. But I digress...

The biggest reason I believe the Bears win big is simply this: After 20+ years of being beat down by the Packers, the Bears finally have the talent and the weapons to overcome a declining GB team. When they start scoring points, it will be like a snowball effect. Emotions will fuel the team. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears win by 20 or more.

I agree that it is possible, but I simply can't bet on that happening. Apart of me says we will handle them relatively easy, but then there's that part in my gut that can't shake how bad Rodgers has burned us recently.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see the Bears curb-stomp em'.

Fuck the close games. My heart can't take it. Literally.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see the Bears curb-stomp em'.

Fuck the close games. My heart can't take it. Literally.

The three games so far this year have literally taken years off of my life. Jesus… so stressful.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the pqackers, its been too long we need to stomp em

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously this is a play off game, we need this big time.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i seriously dont care how we win. luck, skill dont matter, just win Baby!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a double-bypass in May.

These close games are not helping.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00