• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how much money should we offer Aaron Judge?

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"pedestal"?
Back when a few of us were on the ESPN boards, when they existed, there was a regular who went by the handle TitoMac274 (at least, I think that was the number he had. The important part is TitoMac). The dude was just a little unique. Some think he was intentionally playing a game, others thought he was really a certain way but he was regularly arguing that the Giants needed to have more Hispanic players on the team in order to succeed (thus, the occasional joke of "EZ all good", his signature statement when a Hispanic player did well in a game) and that Matt Cain was a loser because he didn't get "W"s at Dodger Stadium ("his spincter tightened up"). He was also well known to misspell words (or, should I say Miss spell"), such as pedestal and sentiment (peddle stool and sediment). Some were too harsh with him on that board, in my opinion, but I came from the perspective that he wasn't pretending to be that way, it was really how he thought and wrote. But its still run to pull out some of his regular lines to remember him. There were other regulars on that board, but his style definitely ("defiantly") stood out.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back when a few of us were on the ESPN boards, when they existed, there was a regular who went by the handle TitoMac274 (at least, I think that was the number he had. The important part is TitoMac). The dude was just a little unique. Some think he was intentionally playing a game, others thought he was really a certain way but he was regularly arguing that the Giants needed to have more Hispanic players on the team in order to succeed (thus, the occasional joke of "EZ all good", his signature statement when a Hispanic player did well in a game) and that Matt Cain was a loser because he didn't get "W"s at Dodger Stadium ("his spincter tightened up"). He was also well known to misspell words (or, should I say Miss spell"), such as pedestal and sentiment (peddle stool and sediment). Some were too harsh with him on that board, in my opinion, but I came from the perspective that he wasn't pretending to be that way, it was really how he thought and wrote. But its still run to pull out some of his regular lines to remember him. There were other regulars on that board, but his style definitely ("defiantly") stood out.

He and NolanNonsense were always stand outs.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and NolanNonsense were always stand outs.
If I remember correctly, Tito was already a regular when I joined after the 2008 season. Nolan showed up later, when I took a break from posting for a bit.
What was your handle on those boards? Was it also Hangman?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly, Tito was already a regular when I joined after the 2008 season. Nolan showed up later, when I took a break from posting for a bit.

Nolan has shown up, been kicked out of, and tried to come back with other handles MANY times on several boards.

Dude is a phuking useless twat.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup it was Hangman_ESPN then we we moved here I changed it

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That does sound familiar now. Its been a while and I am getting older . . .
You don’t remember every poster from an Internet forum that folded up over 10 years ago?

Jees, man. You really should see a doctor, fast. Alzheimer’s ain’t no joke.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretically, today could be the day we find out...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theoretically, today could be the day we find out...
EDIT: My bad. For Nov 6-9, potential free agents can only negotiate with their current teams.

The free market on free agents doesn't begin until Nov 10, per MLBTradeRumors:

NOVEMBER 6: All eligible players can officially file for free agency, though even though this technically marks the start of free agency, players still aren’t allowed to negotiate with anyone but their current team. During the five days until the full opening of the free agent market, teams and players must make their contractual decisions about any club options, player options, opt-outs, and mutual options. The trade market also fully re-opens today, and it is rare but not totally uncommon to see a prominent swap take place as soon as the market opens.​
NOVEMBER 10: The free agent market officially opens, and free agents are now free to negotiate and sign with other teams. This is also the deadline for option decisions, as well as the deadline for teams to issue qualifying offers to eligible free agents. MLBTR’s Anthony Franco recently examined which players are most likely to receive the one-year, $19.65MM offers from their current teams, and which players represent trickier decisions for the clubs.​

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EDIT: My bad. For Nov 6-9, potential free agents can only negotiate with their current teams.

The free market on free agents doesn't begin until Nov 10, per MLBTradeRumors:

NOVEMBER 6: All eligible players can officially file for free agency, though even though this technically marks the start of free agency, players still aren’t allowed to negotiate with anyone but their current team. During the five days until the full opening of the free agent market, teams and players must make their contractual decisions about any club options, player options, opt-outs, and mutual options. The trade market also fully re-opens today, and it is rare but not totally uncommon to see a prominent swap take place as soon as the market opens.​
NOVEMBER 10: The free agent market officially opens, and free agents are now free to negotiate and sign with other teams. This is also the deadline for option decisions, as well as the deadline for teams to issue qualifying offers to eligible free agents. MLBTR’s Anthony Franco recently examined which players are most likely to receive the one-year, $19.65MM offers from their current teams, and which players represent trickier decisions for the clubs.​
Yup, the next three days is where the Giants' FO needs to try to talk Rodon into staying. Not sure if they will. I don't know where he lands on their priority list.

The next three days is also where the Giants tell Pederson that there is room for him on the team . . . at only DH. Otherwise, thanks for the wildly mediocre season, thanks to your lack of effort on defense.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly NolanNonsense changed his name here to Cazic or something like that

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember correctly NolanNonsense changed his name here to Cazic or something like that
Cazic was one of the Disney trolls. I don’t think he ever made it here.

NN is now “Montalban” here.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cazic was one of the Disney trolls. I don’t think he ever made it here.

NN is now “Montalban” here.
I think Cazic disappeared from the Disney board before the migration over here. I barely remember him during my time there. I want to say he left within a year of my appearance. I have that effect.