• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how much money should we offer Aaron Judge?

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r1063801_1296x729_16-9.jpg

"Son, we play baseball in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be have to be hit over, hit high and hit deep, by men with bats. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Joey Bart? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Longoria, and you curse the front office. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Longoria's release, while tragic, probably saved salary cap; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, sells tickets.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to hit over that wall -- you need me to hit over that wall.

We use words like "homer," "OPS," "RBI's." We use these words as the backbone of a life scoring runs. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who comes and watches games in the very stadium I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a bat and stand in the box. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think we should spend our salary cap on!"

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r1063801_1296x729_16-9.jpg

"Son, we play baseball in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be have to be hit over, hit high and hit deep, by men with bats. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Joey Bart? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Longoria, and you curse the front office. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that Longoria's release, while tragic, probably saved salary cap; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, sells tickets.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me to hit over that wall -- you need me to hit over that wall.

We use words like "homer," "OPS," "RBI's." We use these words as the backbone of a life scoring runs. You use them as a punch line.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who comes and watches games in the very stadium I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a bat and stand in the box. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think we should spend our salary cap on!"

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defiantly

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry for the double post there. I'm not sure what happened on my end...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the IQ level of this thread has gone through the floor. Pathetic.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers are already trying to drive up his price.

I saw a writer somewhere that said the Doggies offered $214mm, but it didn't say for how long (presumably 5 years).

Another source claimed the Judges were closing on a $20mm beachfront house in Laguna Niguel.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a writer somewhere that said the Doggies offered $214mm, but it didn't say for how long (presumably 5 years).

Another source claimed the Judges were closing on a $20mm beachfront house in Laguna Niguel.

As a resident of Orange County, I'll tell you that the other source is wrong. Laguna Niguel does not have beachfront properties. Maybe they meant Laguna Beach or that the property had a view of the ocean but it doesn't border the ocean.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More stats to support bringing in a RHH power hitter to SF:

In his first 5 seasons with mostly the Mets, Jeff Kent hit 78 HR's, for an average of less than 16/yr, his best being 21.

In his 6 years with SF, all at what is now Oracle Park, he hit 175 HR's, for an average of over 29/yr, his best being 37.

All his other stats correlate - double, triples, SLG, OPS, RBI, etc.

Of course, there are other factors which could contribute (prime years, hitting next to his friend Bonds, possible PED use (though I never recall any accusations)).

I know, SSS. But I submit that Oracle Park is highly favorable to RHH's. If my man Say Hey had played here his whole career, Bonds would "stand alone" - in second place.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I kind of expect the Giants to land Judge. It just seems to be a matter of when. Hope he does better than other Fresno State alums in a Giants' uniform (or, at least as good as a certain pitcher did from the late 90s/early 00s :D).

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fairly optimistic.I’m also fairly certain I’m going to hate the last 3 years
Not if we win a title in the first 6

Apparently he changed his social media recently, removing his employment with the Yankees...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m fairly optimistic.I’m also fairly certain I’m going to hate the last 3 years
The last three years?! Like, you haven't made up your mind yet?

Coming from you, I could see you hating the next three years if we sign Judge. Gonna be a lot of 10-8 games.