• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how do you like your team's draft?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but the question is, could we have gotten these guys later?

We will never know. I'd think we would be able too but Bill traded up to get them so I guess he didn't think so

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will never know. I'd think we would be able too but Bill traded up to get them so I guess he didn't think so
That compounds the situation he traded up in round 4 for a kicker he likely could have gotten in 6 or 7

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Bryant is not a nickel corner.. he played outside his college career... so I guess we're just giving up on him? Bryant was fantastic against the run but we saw how teams started to scheme against him in passing downs in the nickel formation.

Second, our biggest cap hits this year are in both safeties, if we cut one and convert Witherspoon fine, but assuming that's not happening.

Third, we shored up the secondary with Love who can play safety or nickel corner, so if that means Bryant can go back to outside corner (the guy played extremely well out of position last year) then why the fuck did we need Witherspoon?

Fourth, Witherspoon already was dealing with injury concerns, and is undersized at the position, so it's reasonable to think with Seattle's lack of adding beef up front we're going to be asking him to make a ton of tackles - which will further increase odds of injury.

Seattle has a TON of capital invested in the secondary. Look at all the picks we've blown on Adams and now you throw Witherspoon into the mix? And then the Diggs resigning? I mean thank God Woolen panned out. Now we're throwing MORE at the position with still major holes at ILB and DL?

End of day I think Seattle's plan was draft Anderson (evidence of the EDGE players they took), draft Stroud, trade down... and Witherspoon was a panic last resort. I honestly would feel better going in with Carter this offseason over Witherspoon - despite the flags. I think Witherspoon will be on IR by week 5. I'll stand by my F grade and will certainly come back to this forum and eat crow as I've done in the past...

Can Bryant move to box safety?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle gets a solid B IMO.

Jaxon was a steal. EXCELLENT work on day 3 securing OL and DL talent. Loved Charbonnet in the late 2nd as Seattle desperately needed not just a backup but an actual starting caliber runner behind Walker.

Witherspoon was one of the dumbest picks in Carroll's regime. I will stand by the F grade I gave it. Hall wasn't terrible, but not great.

The trade Seattle did with the donkeys adds the extra boost to give this a B... zero clue why Denver made that trade so we get an extra 3rd next year to draft another CB when Witherspoon ends up on IR.
Nobody wishes more than Lions fans that the Seahawks had not taken Witherspoon

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I just ignored it. I consider the source.

What makes him a “low life”?

Sold their soul? Jesus Christ…what did this man do?

I’ve heard this story before. Buddy Ryan’s fat ass isn’t walking through that door. Your franchise is perennial garbage.

Leave it to an Eagles fan not to be able to figure it out.......

And what does Ryans weight have to do with him being a defensive genius......??

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Leave it to a dumb son of a bitch to think that being young and dumb and a poor decision maker is a moral failing and not a young college kid making a mistake.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought the Lions had a great draft. Your offense is gonna be insane next year... and I really liked Campbell, I had him mocked to Seattle more than once with our second first.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked your draft. Sending a message, the O will get even better. Stop losing the close games.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Lions had a great draft. Your offense is gonna be insane next year... and I really liked Campbell, I had him mocked to Seattle more than once with our second first.
I gave it a C+, I don't hate it and they got 4 starters that is nice. My overall point was the ignoring rankings to get your guys. Gibbs at 12 feels a bit like Irvin at 15. A good player, but taken way above where anyone else would have been looking.

In the end if we get the same result of a SB then who cares, but this draft felt like Holmes buying into his own hype and believing he is the smartest GM in town.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the biggest take away as a Lions fan from this. Holmes at not his best is still adding talent all over the place, that is something Lions could not say for 50 years. This C+ for the Lions is A+ for any other GM Lions have ever had.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leave it to a dumb son of a bitch to think that being young and dumb and a poor decision maker is a moral failing and not a young college kid making a mistake.

So now you need to be a certain age to have regards to human life......??....so how old do you have to be????.....strangers help crash victims daily,but yet he just leaves friends behind for his own personal life.......hes a waste of human skin.....

Thanks for proving why you Philly fans are the worst.........

Ps,I was put in that same type of scenario when I was 22-23 yrs old,we didnt leave our friend laying in the ditch.......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel Philthy saying it but I agree with the Eagles fan.
Carter is a good and well-liked young man who made some poor decisions.
I have been there - you apparently not.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One the better ones imo.

You get the best guy at his position, who could be your guy for 15 years, in the third.
Sure, could. Anyone could be. Tom Brady was a 6th rounder

Here are the kickers drafted in the last 5 years. Are they the best kickers?

YearNo.RoundPickPlayerNameTeamCollege
2023​
1​
3​
36​
99​
Jake Moody​
49ers​
Michigan​
2​
4​
10​
112​
Chad Ryland​
Patriots​
Maryland​
3​
6​
30​
207​
Anders Carlson​
Packers​
Auburn​
2022​
1​
4​
19​
124​
Cade York​
Browns​
Louisiana State​
2021​
1​
5​
5​
149​
Evan McPherson​
Bengals​
Florida​
2020​
1​
5​
13​
159​
Justin Rohrwasser​
Patriots​
Marshall​
2​
6​
9​
188​
Tyler Bass​
Bills​
Georgia Southern​
3​
7​
34​
248​
Sam Sloman​
Rams​
Miami (OH)​
2019​
1​
5​
7​
145​
Matt Gay​
Buccaneers​
Utah​
2​
5​
32​
170​
Austin Seibert​
Browns​
Oklahoma​
2018​
1​
5​
30​
167​
Daniel Carlson​
Vikings​
Auburn​
2​
7​
11​
229​
Jason Sanders​
Dolphins​
New Mexico​

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you need to be a certain age to have regards to human life..
He was racing a car. He didn’t kill anybody.
....??....so how old do you have to be????.....strangers help crash victims daily,but yet he just leaves friends behind for his own personal life.......hes a waste of human skin.....
He didn’t leave anyone.

In her announcement Thursday, Stephens wrote, "Mr. Carter never left the scene of the accident without being told that he could leave." The attorney also said that Carter "had not been drinking alcohol and was not under the influence of alcohol or any other illegal substance at the time of the wreck." She argued that, if he had been, police would have taken steps consistent with a DUI arrest after speaking to him at the scene.

You’re a liar. Or you didn’t follow the news story. I’ll let you pick which lane you’re in.
Thanks for proving why you Philly fans are the worst.........
No such thing has happened outside of a crotchety old Boomer playing holier than thou
Ps,I was put in that same type of scenario when I was 22-23 yrs old,we didnt leave our friend laying in the ditch.......
Did you make your friend drive drunk as you’re apparently accusing Carter of doing?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now you need to be a certain age to have regards to human life..
He was racing a car. He didn’t kill anybody.

He didn’t leave anyone.

In her announcement Thursday, Stephens wrote, "Mr. Carter never left the scene of the accident without being told that he could leave." The attorney also said that Carter "had not been drinking alcohol and was not under the influence of alcohol or any other illegal substance at the time of the wreck." She argued that, if he had been, police would have taken steps consistent with a DUI arrest after speaking to him at the scene.

You’re a liar. Or you didn’t follow the news story. I’ll let you pick which lane you’re in.

No such thing has happened outside of a crotchety old Boomer playing holier than thou

Did you make your friend drive drunk as you’re apparently accusing Carter of doing?
Carter was out clubbing with his friends until the clubs closed, the driver who crashed was double the legal limit but Carter's lawyer wants us to believe Carter was just sipping ginger ale all night. Right.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter was out clubbing with his friends until the clubs closed, the driver who crashed was double the legal limit but Carter's lawyer wants us to believe Carter was just sipping ginger ale all night. Right.
Take it up with law enforcement who allowed him to leave.