• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So are our coordinators safe now?

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anybody left that would want them for head coaching gigs?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jax for Roman is a real possibility but other then that I don't see Fangio going anywhere since there has been 0 buzz on him.

Position coaches getting promoted might happen as coaches look to fill their staffs.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Roman is still thought to be the favorite for the Jaguars job because they hired David Caldwell, Roman's old college roommate. I don't think he'll be back, but I said the same thing about Tom Gamble.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Jags do hire G. Roman, then the first regular season game he will coach against the Niners will be in London...

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If the Jags do hire G. Roman, then the first regular season game he will coach against the Niners will be in London...

No. The Jaguars game is already set for October 27th, which I believe is week 8. The 49ers bye week will come the following week.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. The Jaguars game is already set for October 27th, which I believe is week 8. The 49ers bye week will come the following week.

He means the first one against the Niners.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the "friend" connection, but I can't imagine why anybody would want the Jacksonville gig, unless the expectation is that the franchise will be shortly relocating to LA.

The advantage of taking that job is that if you suck, nobody will ever see it. I think UNM's basketball team outdraws the Jags.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get the "friend" connection, but I can't imagine why anybody would want the Jacksonville gig, unless the expectation is that the franchise will be shortly relocating to LA.

The advantage of taking that job is that if you suck, nobody will ever see it. I think UNM's basketball team outdraws the Jags.

I don't see the relevance of the team being in Jacksonville... There are only 32 teams in the NFL and every year the number of HC jobs available is limited.. The chances of getting a HC job becomes less and less the older one gets... It takes a lot of physical and mental toll to be a HC in the NFL, so HC candidates know that the window of opportunity is small... Being picky about stuff like location does not bode well for first time HC candidates unless they are one of those highly sought after coaches...

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the relevance of the team being in Jacksonville... There are only 32 teams in the NFL and every year the number of HC jobs available is limited.. The chances of getting a HC job becomes less and less the older one gets... It takes a lot of physical and mental toll to be a HC in the NFL, so HC candidates know that the window of opportunity is small... Being picky about stuff like location does not bode well for first time HC candidates unless they are one of those highly sought after coaches...

It's not a matter of where Jacksonville the city is. It's a matter of the franchise being abysmal, the television market being the worst in the league (inability to bring in FA's or keep your own drafted players), and having to play against Houston and Indy twice a year. The chances of succeeding down there aren't good.

Given all of that, I can't say it's an attractive proposition. If I were the OC for a SB contender and the only offer I was ever going to have was Jacksonville, I'd stay in my other job. That's just my opinion, and obviously somebody is going to take that job, but I wouldn't touch it were I in Roman's shoes.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, with all the spots filled, I see three possibilities.

1. Roman staying, no Ault.
2. Roman staying, Ault to be QBs Coach or other similar position (possible OC in the future if Roman leaves next year).
3. No real chance here, but just to be complete, Roman is let go. Ault as OC. (I don't see Roman leaving now, especially not for anyone else than Ault.)

Ault is older, so I don't know. I wonder if Ault is bummed that Roman didn't go anywhere? I wonder if that had anything to do with his leaving from Nevada? Not to say that he'd count his chickens before they hatch, but he might have thought it fair to leave early and not drag it out - or had a real deadline contractually to make a decision/ Maybe he left with no thoughts of the NFL per se. He did say he wasn't retiring. Do you guys see him coming here in some capacity?

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now, with all the spots filled, I see three possibilities.

1. Roman staying, no Ault.
2. Roman staying, Ault to be QBs Coach or other similar position (possible OC in the future if Roman leaves next year).
3. No real chance here, but just to be complete, Roman is let go. Ault as OC. (I don't see Roman leaving now, especially not for anyone else than Ault.)

Ault is older, so I don't know. I wonder if Ault is bummed that Roman didn't go anywhere? I wonder if that had anything to do with his leaving from Nevada? Not to say that he'd count his chickens before they hatch, but he might have thought it fair to leave early and not drag it out - or had a real deadline contractually to make a decision/ Maybe he left with no thoughts of the NFL per se. He did say he wasn't retiring. Do you guys see him coming here in some capacity?

My guess would be no if everybody stays in the same positions. There has not been one mention anywhere that I've seen suggesting that anybody in the organization is looking to make a change/addition to the staff. Occasionally you'll read something on a team where somebody hints at a possible addition or changes to the staff at the appropriate time for whatever reason.

The 49ers have gotten much better the last 5-6 years about letting things get out like that, but I haven't seen anything that would make me think the 49ers are looking to make a change with anybody. An addition is always possible like when they hired Paul Wulff as an offensive assistant. I could see something equal to that.

Would Ault come on board for something along those lines? I have my doubts but I could always be wrong. If he really wants to get into the NFL and a lower level job is his only shot and things already make sense for him with the QB, then I suppose I could see something along those lines.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

My guess would be no if everybody stays in the same positions. There has not been one mention anywhere that I've seen suggesting that anybody in the organization is looking to make a change/addition to the staff. Occasionally you'll read something on a team where somebody hints at a possible addition or changes to the staff at the appropriate time for whatever reason.

The 49ers have gotten much better the last 5-6 years about letting things get out like that, but I haven't seen anything that would make me think the 49ers are looking to make a change with anybody. An addition is always possible like when they hired Paul Wulff as an offensive assistant. I could see something equal to that.

Would Ault come on board for something along those lines? I have my doubts but I could always be wrong. If he really wants to get into the NFL and a lower level job is his only shot and things already make sense for him with the QB, then I suppose I could see something along those lines.

Thanks. I suppose Kaep could always get advise and help independently from Ault and Roman could ask Ault for input if desired.