• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So apparently Christine Michael looks amazing in camp

HustleWilson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw him on Thursday and he definitely stood out to me too.

Hawk Blogger had this to say about him today after watching all practices so far:

Brian Nemhauser ‏@hawkblogger 24m
Let me be the first to predict Christine Michael will break the Seahawks single-season rushing record in his career. www.hawkblogger.com/2013/07/2013-seahawks-training-camp-news-notes_28.html

Brian Nemhauser ‏@hawkblogger 23m
For those that do not remember, Shaun Alexander is the current record holder at 1,880 yard in 2005.

Brian Nemhauser ‏@hawkblogger 20m
The reason I see big yardage totals from @cmike33 is that he is perfectly suited for this run game, and his big play potential > Lynch.
Expand

He can run physically inside, and has the speed to get the corner. He also shows a great knack for breaking tackles and finishing speed.

It may be 2-3 years from now, but it's not just a baseless provocative prediction for the fun of it. He looks terrific.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good news. If Seattle utilizes the RB depth well during the season, Lynch will have fairly fresh wheels come late in the season which would be huge.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it...so much attention is on Percy's injury...my friend texted me today and said we're only gonna finish 9-7 (wtf lol)...I think everyone is underestimating how good our run game can be with our o-line continuing to improve, the additions of cristine michaels...a fresher marshawn...the threat of russell's read option

Losing Percy takes away that dangerous element to the game that he could have added...but it's not the end of the world...we have Tate and Baldwin who can step up in the slot position...I'm thrilled to hear all the good stuff about Michaels

Cap wise we are going to need to groom him to become our starter in a year or two...love Marshawn but if we want to keep the likes of Sherman, Okung, Russell, Earl, etc we are going to need to part ways with guys like Marshawn and Rice and replace them with younger cheaper contracts

nk12thman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many of the figure heads thought he was the best RB in the draft. He was at the very least a steal late in the 2nd round. I said before, we have a 3 headed monster in the backfield. I just wonder what we will see at FB.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This franchise had some ups and downs, but they've had some outstanding RB's through the course of time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many were shocked we took a RB this year, especially with our 2nd rounder. But it does make perfect sense because with Lynch turning 27 this year, we are entering the window were you start looking for his eventual replacement. And Michael looks like the real deal.

Low center of gravity runner. Big frame. Great speed. Gets a lot of yds after contact just like Lynch. Solid blocker.

Lynch is such a physical runner and has taken a lot of punishment on his body. I want him on this team for years to come because workhorse RBs like him are very hard to find. But you got to make sure you also plan for the future as well. NFL is a pass happy league, but you can see how much it still benefits teams these days to have a tough bull of a #1 RB who can get you 1000+ yds/10+ TDs a season.

For 2013, I expect to see him get some playing time, especially in games were we don't require Lynch to be out there too much, and will assist in keeping Lynch fresh for the playoffs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch is not even getting paid all that much....

4 yrs, 31m total, 17m guaranteed. He's still doing just fine. Recently bought a beautiful waterfront home in S.F. area. Life is good for Beastmode.
Most NFL teams are not signing RBs to long term contracts that carry over too far past age 30. (exactly were he'll be when he'll become a UFA in 2016) If they are still delivering, you resign them, but then the deals are 2-3 years tops and less money. It's how the NFL rolls these days.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 yrs, 31m total, 17m guaranteed. He's still doing just fine. Recently bought a beautiful waterfront home in S.F. area. Life is good for Beastmode.
Most NFL teams are not signing RBs to long term contracts that carry over too far past age 30. (exactly were he'll be when he'll become a UFA in 2016) If they are still delivering, you resign them, but then the deals are 2-3 years tops and less money. It's how the NFL rolls these days.

I'm not saying he is hurting for cash, was just making the point that he is on a very fair contract for both parties.