• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Snow expected for the Super Bowl

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a blizzard with 20 feet visibility. So much for play by play. Imagine buying tickets for a game you can't see.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the ..its bad weather=great for Seattle crap ?

Denver practiced in Denver snow this week. Manning has practiced in Denver cold for 2 years. All Seattle gets is rain.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the ..its bad weather=great for Seattle crap ?

Denver practiced in Denver snow this week. Manning has practiced in Denver cold for 2 years. All Seattle gets is rain.

Well that proves you don't know shit about football. Thanks for that.

Ever seen the stats for Manning in sub 40 weather over his entire career? Guess not.

So because they practiced in it for one week he has the advantage? :laugh3:

Cold makes the ball heavier and it flies differently. Colder it is, the less the same velocity travels. Denver is a pass first/pass heavy offense. Seattle runs the ball and can run it in any condition including cold, rain, wind, snow, etc. Clear enough?

Is it some massive advantage? Well Manning does have dismal numbers in the cold, but any time his timing is off at all it helps Seattle. Enough for them to win? Who knows.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see a blizzard with 20 feet visibility. So much for play by play. Imagine buying tickets for a game you can't see.

Been there, done that. Apple cup with Drew Bledsoe. Snow so bad you couldn't see most of the field. Miserable conditions and miserable outcome.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ever seen the stats for Manning in sub 40 weather over his entire career? Guess not.

Cold makes the ball heavier and it flies differently. Colder it is, the less the same velocity travels. Denver is a pass first/pass heavy offense. Seattle runs the ball and can run it in any condition including cold, rain, wind, snow, etc. Clear enough?

Is it some massive advantage? Well Manning does have dismal numbers in the cold, but any time his timing is off at all it helps Seattle. Enough for them to win? Who knows.

Manning been playing in Denver for 2 years. BTW you know its a team sport right. When Manning was on the colts he was on an entire team that was used to dome play. Meaning receivers & other positions could be the ones that struggled. Pretty sure Manning has taken the 2 years to acclimate himself to playing outside in the winter. So not sure where you get this practiced one week in bad weather. Think it is kinda funny followed up "you don't know shit about football" with the rest of your post. :scratch:

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loving the idea of a cold weather Super Bowl even though I'm rooting for Peyton and this will hurt his chances. The regular season and playoff games aren't normally played under ideal conditions, why should the Super Bowl? Hopefully the cold temps mean more tickets go to real fans.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fascinating homer childish response. Do I know anything about football ? what does football have to do with your none proven assumption that the weather is the reason he lost those games. All playoffs/most are in bad weather. I severely doubt that has to do with his playoff losses.

that said...Manning will obviously be able to throw a better ball in bad weather than the young Wilson. Their running game I doubt will carry the load they hope it will and he will have a more difficult time throwing than Manning because of his complete lack of experience compared to the battle tested Manning

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't get the simple concept that bad weather favors the teams that run it more then I'm not sure I can explain it any better. Denver throws it more. A lot more. Bad weather has more impact on a passing game. How is this so hard to understand? :noidea:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys don't get the simple concept that bad weather favors the teams that run it more then I'm not sure I can explain it any better. Denver throws it more. A lot more. Bad weather has more impact on a passing game. How is this so hard to understand? :noidea:

everyone gets the basic premise , the problem is thinking Seattle is that good in the first place and ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n3nKtKh0cc]Watch Minnesota Vikings vs Baltimore Ravens 12 08 2013 4th Quarter - YouTube[/ame]

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everyone gets the basic premise , the problem is thinking Seattle is that good in the first place and ....

Yeah, Seattle sucks man. Lost 3 games out of 18 so far. Really sad team. :rollseyes:

Your trolling aside, I said we don't know how much of an impact it would have and said it might not be enough to equal a win. Do you not read? Man some of the trolls around here are getting more and more retarded by the post.

It's just not that hard of a thing to grasp. It really isn't. Manning passes a lot. Weather has an impact on passers more than rushers. Denver also runs the ball and has had some success, but taking one of the greatest passers in the history of the game and making ANY impact on either his throwing, or the receivers ability to run routes and catch has SOME impact. How much? Something more than zero. That means it helps give Seattle advantages they wouldn't have in sunny Florida.

Do I need to give you the see spot run version? :L

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Seattle sucks man. Lost 3 games out of 18 so far. Really sad team. :rollseyes:

Your trolling aside, I said we don't know how much of an impact it would have and said it might not be enough to equal a win. Do you not read? Man some of the trolls around here are getting more and more retarded by the post.

It's just not that hard of a thing to grasp. It really isn't. Manning passes a lot. Weather has an impact on passers more than rushers. Denver also runs the ball and has had some success, but taking one of the greatest passers in the history of the game and making ANY impact on either his throwing, or the receivers ability to run routes and catch has SOME impact. How much? Something more than zero. That means it helps give Seattle advantages they wouldn't have in sunny Florida.

Do I need to give you the see spot run version? :L

of course they aren't bad if they made it this far. All I'm saying is ultimately they wont match up well with Denver.

and you are being redundant after I just showed a video of guys passing quite well in the snow...also a QB not as good as Manning but damn good and SB champion last year, winning with passing in the bad weather. After I already told you we get the premise but the fact is Seattle wont do that well is my version of See spot run for your benefit.

have a nice day sir :suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes to the ground and advantage Seahawks bigtime.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me it depends on what you mean by "bad weather". I don't think that cold or even snow necessarily favor Seattle. High winds and/or heavy rain, however, might favor Seattle more than Denver.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course they aren't bad if they made it this far. All I'm saying is ultimately they wont match up well with Denver.

and you are being redundant after I just showed a video of guys passing quite well in the snow...also a QB not as good as Manning but damn good and SB champion last year, winning with passing in the bad weather. After I already told you we get the premise but the fact is Seattle wont do that well is my version of See spot run for your benefit.

have a nice day sir :suds:
Right, so in your mind if anyone ever makes a good pass in cold/snowy weather then all QB's, or at least all of the best ones then ALWAYS play just as well in that weather? I guess 100 years of data on the subject is entirely wrong then. And I guess 15 years of data on Manning throwing in cold weather is entirely wrong too.

I really can't make this point any more simple. It isn't an opinion, but a fact that generally bad weather impacts passers. That doesn't mean you can't complete a long pass in the snow. No one said that. It also doesn't mean Manning couldn't still have a decent game. But it is very much a fact it will have some level of impact greater than zero.

I've already said to you more than once now that it might not be enough to make up the difference, but then again it might. We have your word that Seattle is obviously not worthy of even being on that field. I'd rather let the players prove that one way or the other. If you are so sure then please go put at least a grand on the game and show us your transaction. I'll have a lot more respect for your bravado if you back it up with real cash. Otherwise you are just another internet blowhard.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me it depends on what you mean by "bad weather". I don't think that cold or even snow necessarily favor Seattle. High winds and/or heavy rain, however, might favor Seattle more than Denver.

The question asked was "I don't get the ..its bad weather=great for Seattle crap ?" So it's hard to tell if it was the general bad weather increases the help for Seattle, or specifically about the expected weather of this game. I was speaking in general terms. Yes, wind and heavy rain would give a lot more favor to Seattle, but any non favorable weather for passers adds something to their chances, even if it isn't much. That's all I said, but some of these guys just love to argue things to absolute death.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question asked was "I don't get the ..its bad weather=great for Seattle crap ?" So it's hard to tell if it was the general bad weather increases the help for Seattle, or specifically about the expected weather of this game. I was speaking in general terms. Yes, wind and heavy rain would give a lot more favor to Seattle, but any non favorable weather for passers adds something to their chances, even if it isn't much. That's all I said, but some of these guys just love to argue things to absolute death.

LOL Good news is that game is only seven days away now. :suds:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so in your mind if anyone ever makes a good pass in cold/snowy weather then all QB's, or at least all of the best ones then ALWAYS play just as well in that weather? I guess 100 years of data on the subject is entirely wrong then. And I guess 15 years of data on Manning throwing in cold weather is entirely wrong too.

I really can't make this point any more simple. It isn't an opinion, but a fact that generally bad weather impacts passers. That doesn't mean you can't complete a long pass in the snow. No one said that. It also doesn't mean Manning couldn't still have a decent game. But it is very much a fact it will have some level of impact greater than zero.

I've already said to you more than once now that it might not be enough to make up the difference, but then again it might. We have your word that Seattle is obviously not worthy of even being on that field. I'd rather let the players prove that one way or the other. If you are so sure then please go put at least a grand on the game and show us your transaction. I'll have a lot more respect for your bravado if you back it up with real cash. Otherwise you are just another internet blowhard.

no, I'm just a sports fan who can do and say what ever I want to. I don't need to answer to your internet stranger ass for nothing LOL :yahoo:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody questioning Manning's ability to play in the cold might want to read this article first Peyton Manning plays lousy in cold weather! Myth or Fact? - Mile High Report

Cold is not enough to actually cause him to have a bad game. As Bronco fans it is not the temperature that we worry about or even the snow that could come. The all important number that affects the passing game is the wind speed. If you want a number that actually matters that would be the one.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brrrrrrrr....it's 40 degrees out here!

:yahoo:

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This goes to the ground and advantage Seahawks bigtime.

while i agree if the temp is in the 20's and it's snowing, it seems to favor the hawks, i wouldn't say it favors them 'bigtime'. denver also has a decent running game and most of their passing game is nothing more than an extension of their running game with a lot of short, quick-hitting routes.