• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Snow expected for the Super Bowl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing better than watching Manning win the Super Bowl would be to do it with snow on the ground. It would put all naysayers to bed with their "Manning can't play in the cold" arguments with a record low Super Bowl outing.
:agree:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you just agree with yourself?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Hawk? ...I want to make up a bunch of excuses on why this is better for the Broncos

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could be the christening of Monte Ball

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it snows a boatload during this game. Not that it will affect the teams plays, it won't. I want heavy snow just to see ALL those fans who shelled out big dollars to be there, sitting in a cold plastic chair and shivering their asses off while I'm on the coach, next to a warm fire and sucking down cold intoxicating beverages during the entire game.

Thats why I want to see a Snow Bowl.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it snows a boatload during this game. Not that it will affect the teams plays, it won't. I want heavy snow just to see ALL those fans who shelled out big dollars to be there, sitting in a cold plastic chair and shivering their asses off while I'm on the coach, next to a warm fire and sucking down cold intoxicating beverages during the entire game.

Thats why I want to see a Snow Bowl.

Heres to you............:suds:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Goodell will slaughter the perfect number of lambs to satisfy the football gods so it is a good weather game

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope its a bad weather game so they stop this NY super bowl experiment. What a stupid idea.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing stupid about it. Not every team plays in a dome or in a warm weather city so it's only fair to have the superbowl in a cold weather city. This isn't baseball. Football is a fall/winter sport so cold weather should be expected

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl XLVIII is just under two weeks away, but we have now learned the officiating crew that will be responsible for correctly calling the biggest game of the year. On Tuesday, it was announced that referee Terry McAulay will be leading the seven-man officiating crew at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Super Bowl Sunday.

This will be the third consecutive Super Bowl that McAulay has called.
The rest of the officiating staff on Feb. 2 will include Carl Paganelli (umpire), Jim Mello (head linesman), Tom Symonette (line judge), Scott Steenson (field judge), Dave Wyant (side judge) and Steve Freeman (back judge).

Earnie Frantz will serve as the replay official, with Brian Matoren as the replay assistant.
Pagnelli and McAulay have previously worked together during a Super Bowl assignment and it will be the fourth Super Bowl that Pagnelli has been a part of.

McAulay’s crew will have a combined 110 years of NFL officiating experience, which included 76 combined playoff game assignments.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting halftime show

[YOUTUBE]Byh5k-m2SqI[/YOUTUBE]

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing stupid about it. Not every team plays in a dome or in a warm weather city so it's only fair to have the superbowl in a cold weather city. This isn't baseball. Football is a fall/winter sport so cold weather should be expected

Everyone loves watching a snowy regular season game, but you don't get to see what both teams are really all about. This is the biggest game on any stage in the world. It should be a showcase where both teams are free to fully coach and play their game and prove one way or the other who is the best. Not who is the best in cold shitty weather. That's not what the SB is about. I'm sure there are fans of your team who believe if the playoff game between Seattle and the Saints was in neutral weather that you might have won that game. The weather was a factor and favored our team. Is that what you want out of your super bowl? I sure don't, even when that weather still favors our ground pound offense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone loves watching a snowy regular season game, but you don't get to see what both teams are really all about. This is the biggest game on any stage in the world. It should be a showcase where both teams are free to fully coach and play their game and prove one way or the other who is the best. Not who is the best in cold shitty weather. That's not what the SB is about. I'm sure there are fans of your team who believe if the playoff game between Seattle and the Saints was in neutral weather that you might have won that game. The weather was a factor and favored our team. Is that what you want out of your super bowl? I sure don't, even when that weather still favors our ground pound offense.

I'm not saying I'm hoping for a snow. As I said on another thread, my dream weather for the superbowl would be in the mid teens-high 20's with winds about 10 MPH and just some flurries at some point during the game....Nothing serious enough to effect the outcome of the game. What is so wrong about cold weather if it's not a blizzard? Would you rather play in 55 degrees weather with winds close to 30 MPH or would you rather play a game with 25 degree weather with not much wind?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying I'm hoping for a snow. As I said on another thread, my dream weather for the superbowl would be in the mid teens-high 20's with winds about 10 MPH and just some flurries at some point during the game....Nothing serious enough to effect the outcome of the game. What is so wrong about cold weather if it's not a blizzard? Would you rather play in 55 degrees weather with winds close to 30 MPH or would you rather play a game with 25 degree weather with not much wind?

How about playing in the most neutral conditions possible so we can see two teams have full access to everything they do and we can find out which is really the better team. I don't want to choose between shitty option 1, or shitty option 2. That's why the SB shouldn't ever be in an outdoor northern stadium. EVER.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is 25 degrees clear with hardly any wind shitty? If you can't play in Cold Weather where there's no precipitation and hardly any wind, I suggest you change your career

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is 25 degrees clear with hardly any wind shitty? If you can't play in Cold Weather where there's no precipitation and hardly any wind, I suggest you change your career

First of all, it's about the odds of that exact condition happening in any norther outdoor facility. You did read that they had made plans to move the game anywhere from the Friday before to that Monday if weather required right? So it may work out to be more mild this time, but out of dumb luck.

Secondly, this game is a huge event that runs several days. I'm sure those spending thousands of dollars per seat would like to be able to enjoy all of the exhibits. Freezing your ass off to watch football that isn't exactly ideal doesn't seem like what this event should be.

You want a frozen SB? Well that's your choice. I vote for a mild weather event with a high probability of not having weather have any influence on the outcome of the game. And again, that's coming from a fan of a team that very much benefits from bad weather. I'm sure we would be favored if there were high winds and rain coming in for it.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this idea of a perfect weather superbowl is ridiculous. Teams in outdoor stadiums have to deal with the weather during the regular season. They have to build a team that is ideal for outdoor conditions. They typically build running games.

Why should outdoor teams be penalized by being forced to play in summer conditions when they've been built to play outside. Would they then be at the disadvantage?