• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SNF - Broncos vs Raiders for first place

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. I guess this needs more explanation. RIGHT NOW, Chiefs are not in the division lead. That bye is the reason. We are not talking some hypothetical about winning out. We are talking right now. And you all have 1 less win.

Before this comes a big ruckus about records and divisional standing, week 9 is stupid early to take this seriously.

Broncos fans think KC will play one less game this season....

aLeBGKn.gif

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite aware of how it works in the NFL. All three teams have the same number of losses. Only one of those 3 teams hasn't lost a division game. Chiefs are in the division lead. Now if KC loses to jax, then you will be correct.

Nope, not right now.

Sorry. I guess this needs more explanation. RIGHT NOW, Chiefs are not in the division lead. That bye is the reason. We are not talking some hypothetical about winning out. We are talking right now. And you all have 1 less win.

Gator, you missed the part I put in bold. Kind of makes you look stupid when I reference the present and you compare it to hypothetical future. None of us said chiefs will play one less game.

To quote Tomlin, "Quit while your behind." We referenced current standings. You, stupidly, talk about having the edge if a certain scenario comes to pass. For all we know the chiefs and broncos tank and raiders take it. Even the chargers still have a shot. All of which is why we referenced the standings now. Again, it is going to change as the season progress. Don't get bent out of shape about it.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not right now.

Gator, you missed the part I put in bold. Kind of makes you look stupid when I reference the present and you compare it to hypothetical future. None of us said chiefs will play one less game.

To quote Tomlin, "Quit while your behind." We referenced current standings. You, stupidly, talk about having the edge if a certain scenario comes to pass. For all we know the chiefs and broncos tank and raiders take it. Even the chargers still have a shot. All of which is why we referenced the standings now. Again, it is going to change as the season progress. Don't get bent out of shape about it.
Nope I didn't miss it. Just trying to stir the pot a bit. It's nice having 3 teams at the top with my chiefs in the lead. :yes:

With this depleted team, I have to bask when the opportunity presents itself.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope I didn't miss it. Just trying to stir the pot a bit. It's nice having 3 teams at the top with my chiefs in the lead. :yes:

With this depleted team, I have to bask when the opportunity presents itself.

Things are looking up. After Sunday I expect it to be:
Broncos
Chiefs
Raiders
Chargers.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know what to say to someone who thinks a 5-2 record is better than a 6-2 record. Nobody on this thread is talking about hypotheticals down the stretch, but the REALITIES of the standings RIGHT NOW. And right now the Raiders and Broncos are both ahead of the Chiefs in the standings. The numbers don't lie. I won't argue facts. If someone wishes to argue hypotheticals they are free to do so, but that requires context. Saying my "my chiefs are in the lead" is not true of the current standings, nor is it a hypothetical claim. It's a positive statement that happens to be wrong.

With all that said, I expect the Chiefs to move to 2nd place this week because I anticipate they'll beat the Jaguars and one of the Broncos or Raiders will fall to 6-3 and into 3rd place. But the standings really don't matter until the end of week 17.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't know what to say to someone who thinks a 5-2 record is better than a 6-2 record. Nobody on this thread is talking about hypotheticals down the stretch, but the REALITIES of the standings RIGHT NOW. And right now the Raiders and Broncos are both ahead of the Chiefs in the standings. The numbers don't lie. I won't argue facts. If someone wishes to argue hypotheticals they are free to do so, but that requires context. Saying my "my chiefs are in the lead" is not true of the current standings, nor is it a hypothetical claim. It's a positive statement that happens to be wrong.

With all that said, I expect the Chiefs to move to 2nd place this week because I anticipate they'll beat the Jaguars and one of the Broncos or Raiders will fall to 6-3 and into 3rd place. But the standings really don't matter until the end of week 17.

With this division so close and looking like it will come down to the wire I will say the standings matter in the sense of one of the teams having a nice 1 1/2 game lead in the division over the other and a lot of pressure on that final game of the season for whoever loses. Also being 2-1 in the division compared to 1-2 also makes a huge difference when it comes to staying with the Chiefs in the divisional games. So not the end of the world for whoever loses but a little of a hole to dig out of for that team.k

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this division so close and looking like it will come down to the wire I will say the standings matter in the sense of one of the teams having a nice 1 1/2 game lead in the division over the other and a lot of pressure on that final game of the season for whoever loses. Also being 2-1 in the division compared to 1-2 also makes a huge difference when it comes to staying with the Chiefs in the divisional games. So not the end of the world for whoever loses but a little of a hole to dig out of for that team.k

True about the division being so close, but it all balances out in the end when all teams have played the same number of games. Everything now leads to that point, but only at that point do the standings actually matter. Nobody is going to care who was in what place halfway through the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True about the division being so close, but it all balances out in the end when all teams have played the same number of games. Everything now leads to that point, but only at that point do the standings actually matter. Nobody is going to care who was in what place halfway through the season.

I agree just gives a very nice leg up though to whoever wins and puts a lot of pressure on whoever loses as both teams have pretty tough remaining schedules.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question of the day...Anybody know the last time the Broncos and Raiders were both 6-2 or better after 8 games?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some injury updates

Devontae Booker and Brandon Marshall are both practicing today. So good signs for them playing this weekend.

The entire No Fly Zone has gotten the day off except Bradley Roby. Most likely just a rest day for many of them.

Matt Paradis is not practicing again. Definitely an injury to keep an eye on as the drop off from him to the next guy is significant.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have now selected 3 new captains for the 2nd half of the season.

Offense--Trevor Siemian--Good sign when your teammates view you in this way. Just need to see him live up to that title now. Honestly kind of glad it isn't DT anymore. I like DT I just don't view him as a leader on this team.

Defense--TJ Ward--Makes sense as he has been the emotional leader of this defense with Ware on the sideline. Really a lot of players though make sense as we have great leadership in this group.

Special Teams--Dekoda Watson--Good pick again. Another great addition by Elway to this team to add to the depth of our defense but also a great special teams player.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller rented a hairless cat for Halloween this year. How in the world do you find that kind of business?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the trash talk has definitely started. TJ Ward said the Raiders are on the top of his "hate list." He also said that he thinks the Raiders have 2 good receivers but doesn't consider them elite receivers in the league.

Also not Bronco related but the Indians Manager today was asked if today's game is a must win? Hmmmm

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some interesting trivia: It's week 9 and this will be just the 2nd time all season the Broncos have worn their white uniforms. The first was week 3 against the Bengals. They wore orange against the Bucs and the color rush uniform against the Chargers in their other two road games.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So question of the day...Anybody know the last time the Broncos and Raiders were both 6-2 or better after 8 games?
Yep. That one time a long long time ago !. Just going to guess it was when Gannon was Qb for Raiders and then went to SB and got pulverized by TB D.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. That one time a long long time ago !. Just going to guess it was when Gannon was Qb for Raiders and then went to SB and got pulverized by TB D.

That was a good guess, but the Raiders got out to a 4-4 start that year. They started 4-0, then 0-4, then met the 6-2 Broncos on MNF. The Raiders got their season back on track in that one, with a big win over the Broncos.

That brings me to some interesting trivia. Three times since 2002 (when the league went to its current alignment) have the Broncos reached a record of 6-2 but failed to reach the playoffs. In one of those seasons they actually got all the way to 7-2.

2002: 6-2 start with a 9-7 finish. Brian Griese got the Broncos out to a great start of the season, and with the likes of Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith, Eddie Mac, and a young Clinton Portis supporting there really isn't a good reason for this team's decline in the second half of the season.

2006: 6-2 start with a 9-7 finish. This team actually improved to 7-2 before the bottom fell out. The Chargers won a bruiser of a game, 35-27 improving to 8-2 and an eventual 14-2 finish while the Broncos went on to skid to a 7-6 record, benching Plummer and making the move to Jay Cutler.

2009: 6-2 start with a 8-8 finish. We all remember this because it was Josh McDaniels' first year with the Broncos. The team got out to a 6-0 start before dropping 4 straight. Even after getting the season back on track with wins over the Giants and Chiefs to bring them to 8-4, the Broncos went on another 4 game skid to close out the season.

Here's to the Broncos 6-2 start in 2016 leading to a much better finish than these other Broncos teams!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good and bad news on the injury front today

Start with the bad news...

Talib's back is still acting up and he actually flew out to California to get a 2nd opinion. Broncos are optimistic he will be good to go this Sunday but as of right now looking like a game day decision.

Paradis continues to miss practice. He is the type of player that doesn't need to practice during the week to be ready for the game though and play at a high level. I would expect him to play but definitely an injury to keep an eye on.

The Good

Brandon Marshall has been practicing every day so far this week and unless he has a set back should be on the field.
Booker looks good to go as well with his shoulder injury.

Something I did like that the Broncos did this week is they gave Okung a Veterans Day off and said they will be doing that the rest of the year. His footwork has been very sluggish the last couple of weeks so maybe he just needs a bit more rest to be at 100% for the games.

Finally DeMarcus Ware spoke to the media and said his arm was only about 70% this past game game. This week though he said feels like it is finally back to 100%. If he did that much damage at only 70% where he was constantly chasing the QB then this could be a fun week watching Carr run for his life.