• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SNF - Broncos vs Raiders for first place

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver can get a running game early we could a 30-17 type game as Denver will
Exploit Sean smith. Denver should be able to run right by that tall slow CB

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys started this just a little early....:lol:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a dog fight any way you look at it. Denver is used to being at top of division at this point and Raiders haven't been in this position in a long time and want to keep it. Pressure is on them though so I see some costly mistakes from the " new- comer on the block and the seasoned vets bring Raiders down a notch in this one. Denver wins 26 -16 and will meet again for division title. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kubiak gives glaring praise to Denver's O-line in presser today. Calls running game " non-existent ". Hopefully that hits home.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very talented Raider team. D. Carr is playing his way to a top 5 QB. They make too many mistakes to beat a team like the Broncos and they are coached by JDR (who I lost a lot of respect for his last year in Denver).

Siemian hit some deep balls against the Chargers - that is the go button for the Bronco's offense to execute - as the defense has to respect the pass over their heads. With that established - the Bronco's run game becomes dynamic and short passing game functions for possession.

What really puzzles me - is what is happening to DT in the red zone - why isn't he the mismatch for every DB -and if they double him - why doesn't that open up all the other playmakers?

I'd like to see Siemian have at a few roll outs and reverse rollouts every game - he is a better QB that way.

D. Ware makes a big difference when out on the field - he dominates.

Both rookie Safeties for the Broncos got a lot of snaps against the Chargers and made plays at times.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very talented Raider team. D. Carr is playing his way to a top 5 QB. They make too many mistakes to beat a team like the Broncos and they are coached by JDR (who I lost a lot of respect for his last year in Denver).

Siemian hit some deep balls against the Chargers - that is the go button for the Bronco's offense to execute - as the defense has to respect the pass over their heads. With that established - the Bronco's run game becomes dynamic and short passing game functions for possession.

What really puzzles me - is what is happening to DT in the red zone - why isn't he the mismatch for every DB -and if they double him - why doesn't that open up all the other playmakers?

I'd like to see Siemian have at a few roll outs and reverse rollouts every game - he is a better QB that way.

D. Ware makes a big difference when out on the field - he dominates.

Both rookie Safeties for the Broncos got a lot of snaps against the Chargers and made plays at times.

I got Carr and Ryan close in the MVP race until Brady plays more games.

Sieman is having troubles seeing the open guy on the rollouts often checking down to his first read.

DT is playing hurt. He's not the same player with his hip injury.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The home games have been against Atlanta, SD, and KC. The only "bad" team is SD and they are kind of scrappy. The road games have been NO, Baltimore, Tennessee, Jax, and TB. The easier games have been on the road.

I can agree with this.

Yes but look at this from last year as well. They had a better away record last year compared to at home. So it isn't like this hasn't been a trend here for a while.

You are right though the home teams played have been much tougher and it doesn't get any easier this Sunday!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good sign of the Broncos chances of making the playoffs this year if we didn't already know that...Could be 3 teams from the AFC West once again. Not seeing anybody from the South making it other than the divisional winner. The AFC East is way too inconsistent behind the Pats to stand a chance. So that leaves the North where I could see Cincinnati get hot at the right time and Pittsburgh if Big Ben comes back healthy go on a run but otherwise it is the West and the divisional winners.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize this but Derek Wolfe is 2nd in the NFL only to Aaron Donald for most QB hits with 15 so far this year. Von Miller is 3rd with 14.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest I have not always been the biggest fan of TJ Ward. I feel like he has been a bit of a liability in coverage at times and sometimes almost gets too aggressive making some mistakes along the way. His play this past month though was down right dominant. He is the 1st DB since 1994 with 35 tackles, 3 Forced Fumbles, a Sack, and an Interception all within a single month.

More than that I am excited to see DeMarcus Ware after a game under his feet make our defense that much more dominant. You could tell a huge difference in the level of pressure on the QB with Ware on the field.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver can pull out a win in OAK this week , I think OAK may have a problem catching both KC and DEN having lost to both KC and DEN at home with road games against all three AFCW teams in the 2nd half of the season. Be hard for them to leapfrog both KC and DEN .

Denver against the good/great QB:
Matt Ryan: 338 vs everyone but Denver, 267 vs Denver.
Andy Dalton: 306 vs everyone but Denver, 206 vs Denver.
Phillip Rivers: 306 vs everyone but Denver, 226 (average) vs Denver.
Andy Luck: 298 vs everyone but Denver, 197 vs Denver.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Carr and Ryan close in the MVP race until Brady plays more games.

Sieman is having troubles seeing the open guy on the rollouts often checking down to his first read.

DT is playing hurt. He's not the same player with his hip injury.

Then don't play. This injury b.s is garbage. If you play then no excuses. The fact that the Broncos really don't have a 3rd wr and Green isn't used more in the passing game because he has to block for our average o line is the bigger problem. The Broncos don't spread the ball around when it comes to wr's because there aren't any capable of making numerous plays during a game at this time after Thomas and Sanders. Peace.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he played injured on Sunday - he was still the best WR on the field and made that spectacular deep catch.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place? :nono:There is only one team without a division loss in the AFC West.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place? :nono:There is only one team without a division loss in the AFC West.

Just so you're aware, in the NFL, unlike the NCAA, overall record takes precedence over division record. So being 2-0 in the division at this point doesn't matter. In fact, the 2010 Raiders went 6-0 against the AFC West but 8-8 overall, missing the playoffs. This isn't college football and overall record matters.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor chiefs fans. This whole record thing throws them for a loop.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you're aware, in the NFL, unlike the NCAA, overall record takes precedence over division record. So being 2-0 in the division at this point doesn't matter. In fact, the 2010 Raiders went 6-0 against the AFC West but 8-8 overall, missing the playoffs. This isn't college football and overall record matters.
I'm quite aware of how it works in the NFL. All three teams have the same number of losses. Only one of those 3 teams hasn't lost a division game. Chiefs are in the division lead. Now if KC loses to jax, then you will be correct.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor chiefs fans. This whole record thing throws them for a loop.
Does it now? I'll try to simplify further for you.

If we (ridiculously) assume that both Denver and KC win out but split their two games against each other, then KC wins the AFC West... not Denver. Agreed?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm quite aware of how it works in the NFL. All three teams have the same number of losses. Only one of those 3 teams hasn't lost a division game. Chiefs are in the division lead. Now if KC loses to jax, then you will be correct.

Sorry. I guess this needs more explanation. RIGHT NOW, Chiefs are not in the division lead. That bye is the reason. We are not talking some hypothetical about winning out. We are talking right now. And you all have 1 less win.

Before this comes a big ruckus about records and divisional standing, week 9 is stupid early to take this seriously.