• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: SNF: ARIZONA vs. SEATTLE

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got any arguments against anything I said about Cable and his horrible line?

Of course I do, and you've heard them over and over again. I guess you've gone over to the 'easy answer' brigade.

We all knew that the line was going to be an issue this year, and that it would take another year, most likely two, to come up with 2 tackles.

Sunday night made people grumpy I guess.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got any arguments against anything I said about Cable and his horrible line?

Sowell played like hot garbage last night. When he got hurt at the end of the game I told my kid I thought he was faking it so he wouldn't get yelled at so much from the coaches.

I wonder about conditioning too. The TV cameras zoomed in on one of the linemen (Sowell I think) last night. He was getting ready for second down and looked absolutely gassed. Red faced, breathing really heavy. I thought, what the hell are you so tired for, you've only been on the field for one play and the offense has barely seen the field all night.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I do, and you've heard them over and over again. I guess you've gone over to the 'easy answer' brigade.

We all knew that the line was going to be an issue this year, and that it would take another year, most likely two, to come up with 2 tackles.

Sunday night made people grumpy I guess.
I've been anti Cable for years. Show me any data or history that he has EVER put a reasonable line together for this team during his tenure. You can't. It's not just this year. It's not just his most recent draft picks. He hasn't put up a decent line here.

How is that going to an 'easy answer' thing? I'm asking for actual facts and real data on something provable. That's a far cry from the idiots that blame Bevell for everything without knowing what they are talking about. Play calling and looking at what position coaches have done during their tenure are entirely different things.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop mixing me up with anyone else. I made no mention of bend don't break. Not one word of it. If you are going to go on a rant at least get it straight.
Rant? Pot meet kettle.

Im not talking about other people. Bend but dont break is exactly what happened. When your defense gives up that many yards but doesnt allow you to score because of good redzone defense and special teams, that is the deinition of bend but dont break.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Seattle got the biggest no call when they didn't catch the foot scraping the center on the blocked FG, but AZ had a few go their way too. Way too many penalties over all, but they gotta call what they see.
Just a sidenote:

Leaping foul is for landing on an opponent or teammate & you run from the 2nd level. Requires more than incidental contact.

This was confirmed by an NFL officiating rep and was also explained by Al Michaels on the next drive, with everyone stressing that the key word was incidental.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been anti Cable for years. Show me any data or history that he has EVER put a reasonable line together for this team during his tenure. You can't. It's not just this year. It's not just his most recent draft picks. He hasn't put up a decent line here.

How is that going to an 'easy answer' thing? I'm asking for actual facts and real data on something provable. That's a far cry from the idiots that blame Bevell for everything without knowing what they are talking about. Play calling and looking at what position coaches have done during their tenure are entirely different things.

Barring the NFL being a giant social experiment, I can't 'prove' it, and neither can anyone else. How bad would the line have been if Cable HADN'T been here?

But the logic that the Pack fan upthread mentioned is pretty solid. If Cable is incompetent, then so are Pete and John.

I'm not buying that. The P+J experiment has been wildly successful, beyond my imaginings when Carroll was announced. We won a Lombardi, nearly another, and have the team's first franchise QB. Cable is their guy.

With Wilson, good times should continue for another decade.

So I give P+J a shit ton of rope to hang themselves with.

Again, there's obviously a PLAN in place. Drafting Ifedi was step one. The interior of the line has played BETTER than last year, the line has given up less sacks than it did LAST YEAR.

Two tackles are the next step.

To pay for better O-line, some big names on our D are going to be phased out over the next two season or so.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring the NFL being a giant social experiment, I can't 'prove' it, and neither can anyone else. How bad would the line have been if Cable HADN'T been here?

But the logic that the Pack fan upthread mentioned is pretty solid. If Cable is incompetent, then so are Pete and John.

I'm not buying that. The P+J experiment has been wildly successful, beyond my imaginings when Carroll was announced. We won a Lombardi, nearly another, and have the team's first franchise QB. Cable is their guy.

With Wilson, good times should continue for another decade.

So I give P+J a shit ton of rope to hang themselves with.

Again, there's obviously a PLAN in place. Drafting Ifedi was step one. The interior of the line has played BETTER than last year, the line has given up less sacks than it did LAST YEAR.

Two tackles are the next step.

To pay for better O-line, some big names on our D are going to be phased out over the next two season or so.
I don't have any problem blaming pete or john for keeping Cable and continuing year after year to fail at putting a decent line together. They are ultimately responsible.

I'm tired of hearing about next year. We have a laundry list of failed guys brought in to fix it and a lot of nothing to show for it. Even going so far as to trade the one decent guy you had for Graham. And then wondering why you sucked at center the next year.

You can't be in rebuild mode for 5+ years. Sooner or later you have to hold those that keep making these promises accountable for coming up short.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if Cable hadn't been there I'd imagine they would have spent some damned money on the line because there wouldn't have been someone selling them snake oil on the sideline.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Seattle fans saying how bad our offense is, that's total BS.

Russell Wilson, Seahawks must find answers on offense
With Russell Wilson hobbled, Seahawks need new formula
There are articles on CBS, ESPN, and other national sites talking about the Seattle and their offensive woes. Want more?

Why not just admit Seattle stinks on offense right now and your good defense made the most of it at home?

I mean to read a few of you it's like your offense was lights out and so was your defense. I mean I guess Seattle wasn't even on that field at all. Stop trying to find some moral victory kind of bullshit.

Seattle's offense was fucking atrocious. Horrendous. Never crossed midfield during regulation on their own. That doesn't happen against ANY defense in the league without the offense struggling. Period. End of story.

And because of that, their defense was left out there for over 45 minutes of that game. That's an insane amount of time to be on the field and not end up being so gassed that they blow a game breaking run or explosive passing play.

If you have to make up shit in your mind to make that loss feel better then go for it. But I'm going to keep calling bullshit on it.
How is saying the cards dominated on offense and defense statistically bullshit? Obviously score is the ony stat that matters but it doesnt take away from my point. And show me once where I said Seattle has a good offense.

You can go on with your passive aggressive bullshit all you want. Its easy to fell correct when you have gaggle of Seattle fans agreeing with you. Im debating on a sports board so your "if it makes scooby feel better" nonsense is laughable.

In reality, the game feels like a loss because the Cards did dominate statistically. Seattle did what they had to, to come out with a tie.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is saying the cards dominated on offense and defense statistically bullshit? Obviously score is the ony stat that matters but it doesnt take away from my point. And show me once where I said Seattle has a good offense.

You can go on with your passive aggressive bullshit all you want. Its easy to fell correct when you have gaggle of Seattle fans agreeing with you. Im debating on a sports board so your "if it makes scooby feel better" nonsense is laughable.

In reality, the game feels like a loss because the Cards did dominate statistically. Seattle did what they had to, to come out with a tie.
So you didn't say that stat line was entirely about your defense? Because that's how it sounded to anyone reading it. Sure felt like sour grapes from a disgruntled fan to me.

Keep holding onto your stat victory. I'll just keep laughing at you.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any problem blaming pete or john for keeping Cable and continuing year after year to fail at putting a decent line together. They are ultimately responsible.

I'm tired of hearing about next year. We have a laundry list of failed guys brought in to fix it and a lot of nothing to show for it. Even going so far as to trade the one decent guy you had for Graham. And then wondering why you sucked at center the next year.

You can't be in rebuild mode for 5+ years. Sooner or later you have to hold those that keep making these promises accountable for coming up short.

Dude, you're not thinking straight. 5 year rebuild? We won the fucking championship in 2013. We made it within 1 yd of ANOTHER one in 2014.

So you're calling for P+J to be shown the door?

I mean I don't get the internal logic here at all. If that's the case, then why the heck do you defend Bevell?

And AGAIN (beating Dead Trigger), what do the consistently excellent franchises all share? STABILITY.

That doesn't mean no changes. The Giants made a change.

It just means calm measured thoughtful responses.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're not thinking straight. 5 year rebuild? We won the fucking championship in 2013. We made it within 1 yd of ANOTHER one in 2014.

So you're calling for P+J to be shown the door?

I mean I don't get the internal logic here at all. If that's the case, then why the heck do you defend Bevell?

And AGAIN (beating Dead Trigger), what do the consistently excellent franchises all share? STABILITY.

That doesn't mean no changes. The Giants made a change.

It just means calm measured thoughtful responses.
Right, so show me where I said those two should be fired. Because being held accountable to mean a whole lot of things between giving them the boot and patting them on the back. You are assuming things here not actually said, nor implied.

Yes, the line is more than a 5 year rebuild. Again, show me any signs that line has been even mediocre in the time Cable has been there. It hasn't and the facts show it.

Winning the SB because we have one of the most mobile QB's in the game doesn't excuse the utter incompetency of that line. Now that he is injured and no longer able to cover up for them we end up with not being able to move the ball past mid field for 4 full quarters outside of botched special team plays.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wait, we're in rebuild mode right now? Jeebus, that should scare the shit out of the rest of the league then.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, we're in rebuild mode right now? Jeebus, that should scare the shit out of the rest of the league then.
Context my man. We were discussing the status of the o line specifically. He's already tried to tie that to the rest of the team and that wasn't the conversation.