• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sunday Night Football: SNF: ARIZONA vs. SEATTLE

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you didn't say that stat line was entirely about your defense? Because that's how it sounded to anyone reading it. Sure felt like sour grapes from a disgruntled fan to me.

Keep holding onto your stat victory. I'll just keep laughing at you.
Lol. Everyone meaning Seattlr fans. Laugh it up dude. Lady luck can be a bitch.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, so show me where I said those two should be fired. Because being held accountable to mean a whole lot of things between giving them the boot and patting them on the back. You are assuming things here not actually said, nor implied.

Yes, the line is more than a 5 year rebuild. Again, show me any signs that line has been even mediocre in the time Cable has been there. It hasn't and the facts show it.

Winning the SB because we have one of the most mobile QB's in the game doesn't excuse the utter incompetency of that line. Now that he is injured and no longer able to cover up for them we end up with not being able to move the ball past mid field for 4 full quarters outside of botched special team plays.

Meh. Until this year when Russ got hurt, the gamble paid off.

Our D did something no D had ever done before since the 50's.

Why is that? Because of the resources given to it. Resigning key/core pieces. Expensive pieces.

And like I say, now they've decided they can't keep risking Wilson, so that's going to shift.

And don't bs a bs'er about 'accountability' being anything other than firing. What are you going to do? Fly a 'Shame Pete and John!' banner over the Clink?

Pete and John are here to stay. Cable is their guy. Therefore Cable isn't going anywhere.

<shrug>

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Until this year when Russ got hurt, the gamble paid off.

Our D did something no D had ever done before since the 50's.

Why is that? Because of the resources given to it. Resigning key/core pieces. Expensive pieces.

And like I say, now they've decided they can't keep risking Wilson, so that's going to shift.

And don't bs a bs'er about 'accountability' being anything other than firing. What are you going to do? Fly a 'Shame Pete and John!' banner over the Clink?

Pete and John are here to stay. Cable is their guy. Therefore Cable isn't going anywhere.

<shrug>
At least you admit the line has been dog shit all along now. We can at least move past that. That's measurable progress.

Yes, we got away with it and no one was banging any loud drums because of it. It was still there and people still weren't happy about all of the hits our QB was taking behind that line.

We hold people accountable for things all the time without firing them. My god man. I'd hate to have you as a boss if the only thing you had on your mind any time an employee under performed was straight to firing.

This isn't the first time we have raised questions about position coaches or coordinators and it won't be the last. Yes, you hold the people running your staff accountable which means they get some of the blame. Even the greatest coaches in the world can make mistakes or stay too loyal to guys that aren't cutting it. Many of us were screaming loudly when Sark held onto Holt as his DC way too long. And by gosh the next year after he finally made that change we had a real defense again. Funny how that works.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you admit the line has been dog shit all along now. We can at least move past that. That's measurable progress.

Yes, we got away with it and no one was banging any loud drums because of it. It was still there and people still weren't happy about all of the hits our QB was taking behind that line.

We hold people accountable for things all the time without firing them. My god man. I'd hate to have you as a boss if the only thing you had on your mind any time an employee under performed was straight to firing.

This isn't the first time we have raised questions about position coaches or coordinators and it won't be the last. Yes, you hold the people running your staff accountable which means they get some of the blame. Even the greatest coaches in the world can make mistakes or stay too loyal to guys that aren't cutting it. Many of us were screaming loudly when Sark held onto Holt as his DC way too long. And by gosh the next year after he finally made that change we had a real defense again. Funny how that works.

Now now with the condescension. The team made a CHOICE to not invest in the O-line, and let Cable try to make up for it. I've never said different. Money for the D had to come from somewhere.

Also, I don't have a problem with firing Cable OR Bevell if

1. It's done at the end of the season.
2. They've got a wink-wink deal already in place with either a veteran top flight coach, or a new guy with great potential.

I still want to know what you mean by 'accountable' though. What specifically do you want them to do? Yell at Cable? Fine him?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seahawks are at the bottom in money spent on o-line they are 7th in money spent on the D:suds:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now with the condescension. The team made a CHOICE to not invest in the O-line, and let Cable try to make up for it. I've never said different. Money for the D had to come from somewhere.

This is a really key point. Lets say they had decided to keep Okung or Mebane, that means we probably don't have Wags or Bennett or someone else on Defense. Would Okung or Mebane have made the difference last night that our defense did? I dunno. I doubt it. I think it was the money we spent on that defense that kept us from losing last night.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now now with the condescension.
:lol:
You have to be kidding right? I mean that's all you have given us on this topic.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To sit there and say, AZ didn't dominate that game on both offense and defense is crazy. You can say all day long, Seattle is missing this and that, but AZ was missing receivers, guards, RB's, Safety etc. And the AZ offense hasn't been lighting it up either. This was a great defensive game, but just about everyone, aside from Seattle fans, saw AZ dominated them in 2 of the 3 phases.

What I saw from AZ was crappy special teams, an offense that moved the ball but couldn't score a TD when needed and an excellent defensive game. Seattle had an embarrassing offense performance, good special teams until the end and an excellent defensive performance. If AZ was dominate they should have won this game with ease.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I saw from AZ was crappy special teams, an offense that moved the ball but couldn't score a TD when needed and an excellent defensive game. Seattle had an embarrassing offense performance, good special teams until the end and an excellent defensive performance. If AZ was dominate they should have won this game with ease.
Pretty much exactly what I was saying.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they weren't dominate. Correct?
Statistically they were. That was all I was saying. Wizard and company were blowing it out of proportion. I was just making a point.

Seattle killed them on special teams and played amazing defense, but the cards should have won the game. They blew it. Feels like a loss.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically they were. That was all I was saying. Wizard and company were blowing it out of proportion. I was just making a point.

Seattle killed them on special teams and played amazing defense, but the cards should have won the game. They blew it. Feels like a loss.

Ok, I understand where your coming from. The way this game played out, no one deserved this win. Hats off to both defenses. Cards held RW in check most of the night and Seattle held David Johnson (best RB in the league) to under 3.5ypc and zero TD's.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I understand where your coming from. The way this game played out, no one deserved this win. Hats off to both defenses. Cards held RW in check most of the night and Seattle held David Johnson (best RB in the league) to under 3.5ypc and zero TD's.
I agree.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
You have to be kidding right? I mean that's all you have given us on this topic.

I can be a sarcastic bastard, true, but I don't think I've ever done, 'hey, now you're walking and chewing gum at the same time sport, well done!'

Feel free to respond to the point of the post if you like, just like I did. I mentioned your tone, then moved on, and replied.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they wonder why their offensive line is ass

They don't really wonder about it at all, actually. They made the choice, and this year it's come home to roost. The results in previous years speak for themselves.

I guess it'd be better to invest heavily in something, and have it suck anyway, like NO and their D?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't really wonder about it at all, actually. They made the choice, and this year it's come home to roost. The results in previous years speak for themselves.

I guess it'd be better to invest heavily in something, and have it suck anyway, like NO and their D?

Agree