• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skip Bayless is the dumbest media personality around

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mean Girls Halloween GIF

Although Steven Asshat (assume that is what the A stands for) Smith does give him a run for his money.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skip and Steven A are jackasses. BUT:

Why are there so few black head coaches in the NFL? You gotta admit that it's at least a little weird. Or perhaps there's a logical reason that some of us aren't seeing. The fact that the Rooney rule even exists is just weird.

I have a really hard time believing everybody's a fucking racist but WTF is up with that?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are there so few black head coaches in the NFL? You gotta admit that it's at least a little weird. Or perhaps there's a logical reason that some of us aren't seeing. The fact that the Rooney rule even exists is just weird.

I have a really hard time believing everybody's a fucking racist but WTF is up with that?

It's not really that weird if you just reason it out. Most NFL players being black doesn't mean that most coaches are also going to be black.

Most NFL players are black, but most collegiate players (all levels) are still not black. There are more black players that go on to play at a professional level, thus more non-black players that don't. Those players that don't play professionally tend to get started in coaching immediately after graduating college which gives them a head start on anybody who goes on to play in the pros. Thus you've got more non-black coaches overall.

There's obviously other factors too but that's the most obvious one that nobody ever talks about.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really that weird if you just reason it out. Most NFL players being black doesn't mean that most coaches are also going to be black.

Most NFL players are black, but most collegiate players (all levels) are still not black. There are more black players that go on to play at a professional level, thus more non-black players that don't. Those players that don't play professionally tend to get started in coaching immediately after graduating college which gives them a head start on anybody who goes on to play in the pros. Thus you've got more non-black coaches overall.

There's obviously other factors too but that's the most obvious one that nobody ever talks about.

That was pretty damned reasoned out and I kinda thought there might be something like that to it. In a way the black dudes get to play because they kick ass and the white dudes end up coaching cause the don't.

I still find the Rooney rule odd. If I'm an owner I'm going with the coach that gives me the best shot at winning regardless of their skin color so it's weird to me that they found it necessary.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Chris Carter talking on the air about how most retired NFL players are divorced and bankrupt. It was a HIGH percentage.

If I was an owner I could handle a HC candidate being divorced but if he can't manage his own bank account, he is most definitely not going to be the leader of my team. So that alone eliminates most former players regardless of their race.

Besides that, how many NFL players even want to be a head coach someday? How many current NFL players are taking steps toward a future job in coaching?

Then you have the money you can make by being a sports analyst. Most sports shows are stacked with former players making good money.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had to make a thread to remind us? :D
:D

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize he is acting right? Skip is a professional sports troll.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think it has to do with race at all.

Everyone just wants to make that an issue.

First off, there are only 32 HC positions.

Second, just because you can play the game doesn’t mean you can coach the game, or draft talent, etc that goes along with being a HC ( see: Magic Johnson, Isaiah Thomas, Michael Jordan as a GM, etc ).

If you look at the history across all the sports, the most successful HC’s have been fringe players because they spend so much time on the sidelines/bench absorbing the intricacies of the game vs playing in the game all the time.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only is Skip an idiot, he's a complete scumbag. This guy has made a career out of being an obnoxious shock jock that says shit he doesn't even believe to make a profit.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s a lot of things but he definitely isn’t stupid. His goal was to get you pissed off enough to go and share his tweet. And there are tons more like you that do the same thing and it manufactures relevancy for him.
On a message board? we also shared a tweet about Kelce drinking a mini that a fan threw him and a pic of a fat drunk Eagles fan that broke into a fire station in Florida. Not sure that makes him relevant. His arrow has been pointing down for a while now.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a message board? we also shared a tweet about Kelce drinking a mini that a fan threw him and a pic of a fat drunk Eagles fan that broke into a fire station in Florida. Not sure that makes him relevant. His arrow has been pointing down for a while now.
Project this by a factor of 100s of thousands. It’s not a single act by you. It all translates to views. This is just one Twitter user and it’s 125 k views. There are likely dozens if not hundreds of others that tweeted the same video clip. Bayless sells nonsense to draw eyes. The sports media has become over saturated and now the recipe for getting attention is horrible hot take after hot take.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Project this by a factor of 100s of thousands. It’s not a single act by you. It all translates to views. This is just one Twitter user and it’s 125 k views. There are likely dozens if not hundreds of others that tweeted the same video clip. Bayless sells nonsense to draw eyes. The sports media has become over saturated and now the recipe for getting attention is horrible hot take after hot take.
No, what I meant was posting it on a message board where many inane things are discussed ad nauseam doesn’t make it relevant, not meaning it doesn’t put a lot of eyes or a spotlight on it.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I meant was posting it on a message board where many inane things are discussed ad nauseam doesn’t make it relevant, not meaning it doesn’t put a lot of eyes or a spotlight on it.
Got it. At the same time, in this moment, the eyes is what creates relevancy. I’m so sick and tired of sports media and really all media in general. My comment was really about the declaration that Bayless is stupid. Unfortunately for us, he’s not. He’s figured out how the game is played and used that carve out millions and of course relevancy despite being a no talent ass clown.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. At the same time, in this moment, the eyes is what creates relevancy. I’m so sick and tired of sports media and really all media in general. My comment was really about the declaration that Bayless is stupid. Unfortunately for us, he’s not. He’s figured out how the game is played and used that carve out millions and of course relevancy despite being a no talent ass clown.
Could be. I guess I don’t see making money/generating a brand and being stupid as being mutually exclusive. there comes a point in time where I would think someone’s reputation is more important to them than their pay check.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. I guess I don’t see making money/generating a brand and being stupid as being mutually exclusive. there comes a point in time where I would think someone’s reputation is more important to them than their pay check.
Fair. But if that was the case, if Bayless was concerned with his rep, Skip Bayless never becomes Skip Bayless. Cowherd, Screamin A Smith, the whole gang.