• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins granting TW trade request

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather Njoku. I am actually fine with our receiving corps.

Give me OBJ and all his bullshit. We need playmakers/guys that other teams have to gameplan for. McLaurin will feast on other team's #2 corners.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need an offensive line first.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me OBJ and all his bullshit. We need playmakers/guys that other teams have to gameplan for. McLaurin will feast on other team's #2 corners.

McLaurin can feast on #1s.
Harmon can be the 2.
Sims can be Welker.

We have playmakers.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McLaurin can feast on #1s.
Harmon can be the 2.
Sims can be Welker.

We have playmakers.

We literally have no TE though. That would help out Haskins immensely.
I still think we need another WR and maybe we find one in the late rounds or get one cheap in FA.

Keep in mind, as I have proved several times, we literally have the worst offense in the NFL.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping we get our TE in the draft.

Kmet
Hopkins
Moss
Trautman
Bryant

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think we need another WR and maybe we find one in the late rounds or get one cheap in FA.

Keep in mind, as I have proved several times, we literally have the worst offense in the NFL.

If they pass on Cooper I'd be fine with that. Higgins, Hill, Aiyuk....bunch of WRs in this draft.

With the Boys losing Jones to Miami, if we can grab Cooper, maybe we can leapfrog Dallas.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a couple of questions for clarity.

1. Do you believe that we had the worse offense because of the players, the coaches, or a combination of both?

2. Do you expect or not expect improvements, worsening, or more of the same in the offense because of the new staff?

Just want to get a feel of your perspective on the offensive side of the ball. Thanks!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Do you believe that we had the worse offense because of the players, the coaches, or a combination of both?

2. Do you expect or not expect improvements, worsening, or more of the same in the offense because of the new staff?

Just want to get a feel of your perspective on the offensive side of the ball. Thanks!

1- It was a combination of both. We also lost our AP LT before the season started, we lost our game-breaking RB after three excellent games, our AP RG was injured, our good RT was sub par, and we were forced to put in a rookie QB that wasn’t supposed to play. All of this was accompanied by a coaching change caused by a coach that lost his team.

2- I expect a much better offense with better health and seasoning of three rookie weapons.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- It was a combination of both. We also lost our AP LT before the season started, we lost our game-breaking RB after three excellent games, our AP RG was injured, our good RT was sub par, and we were forced to put in a rookie QB that wasn’t supposed to play. All of this was accompanied by a coaching change caused by a coach that lost his team.

2- I expect a much better offense with better health and seasoning of three rookie weapons.

Thanks! I appreciate your response, but I'm still waiting for something similar from @duke1861.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good question:

1. I would say 80% players and 20% coaches. We simply cannot blame O'Connell, Hillard or Callahan that much, Callahan is one of the best OLine coaches in the game, Hillard worked wonders with 3 rookies (should have been retained) and O'Connell is an up and coming OC. McVay who is literally one of the best offensive minds in the game hired him within days.

We had a poor LT, average LG, above average C, solid RG and below average RT. We had a rookie QB who had ups and downs and 3 rookie WRs. We had an aging TE who was shell of his former self and a RB corp that was awful, Our leading rusher was a 35 year old back.

The talent level was really to blame but I also saw a lack of execution as well. Coaches don't block and tackle. We have to blame alot on the FO as well.

2. I think we take a big step backwards in coaching. Turner hasn't really proven much and the position coaches are not on the same level as our previous coaches from what I can tell.

IF we continue on the same trajectory we are right now (depth signings), we will be worse. THe main culptrit is lack of talent and many FA who would make an impact on the offense are gone. Defensive FA are still out there of course. IF we take Young with the #2 pick as expected, you can't start to build protection and get weapons for Haskins until the 3rd round and that is not good. Basically, there is not much in way of getting FA help (LT and TE) and we are looking at mid-round picks now for starter material. The season will rise or fall with Haskins and he literally does not have a TE or LT right now and I see no starters at this time.
To be honest, for the offense, it doesn't look good and I see a us taking a step back.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good question:

1. I would say 80% players and 20% coaches. We simply cannot blame O'Connell, Hillard or Callahan that much, Callahan is one of the best OLine coaches in the game, Hillard worked wonders with 3 rookies (should have been retained) and O'Connell is an up and coming OC. McVay who is literally one of the best offensive minds in the game hired him within days.

We had a poor LT, average LG, above average C, solid RG and below average RT. We had a rookie QB who had ups and downs and 3 rookie WRs. We had an aging TE who was shell of his former self and a RB corp that was awful, Our leading rusher was a 35 year old back.

The talent level was really to blame but I also saw a lack of execution as well. Coaches don't block and tackle. We have to blame alot on the FO as well.

2. I think we take a big step backwards in coaching. Turner hasn't really proven much and the position coaches are not on the same level as our previous coaches from what I can tell.

IF we continue on the same trajectory we are right now (depth signings), we will be worse. THe main culptrit is lack of talent and many FA who would make an impact on the offense are gone. Defensive FA are still out there of course. IF we take Young with the #2 pick as expected, you can't start to build protection and get weapons for Haskins until the 3rd round and that is not good. Basically, there is not much in way of getting FA help (LT and TE) and we are looking at mid-round picks now for starter material. The season will rise or fall with Haskins and he literally does not have a TE or LT right now and I see no starters at this time.
To be honest, for the offense, it doesn't look good and I see a us taking a step back.

Very interesting and thank you for that response. :suds:

Now one more question... would you feel better if the Trent Williams and still hopeful Ryan Kerrigan situations were solved via trades for draft assets, 2nd/2nd... 2nd/3rd... 3rd/3rd and/or players?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very interesting and thank you for that response. :suds:

Now one more question... would you feel better if the Trent Williams and still hopeful Ryan Kerrigan situations were solved via trades for draft assets, 2nd/2nd... 2nd/3rd... 3rd/3rd and/or players?

I believe in building through the draft but that is hard to do with missing draft picks...LOL

Yes, if we traded TW and RK and got decent draft picks (2nd-4th rounders), yes, I would feel better as it:

1. Clears much needed cap
2. Gets us more draft picks

We can then use those higher draft picks to draft starters and get weapons for Haskins.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the idiot will be playing for the skins this year. Bruce and TW screwed this up, and maybe he even gets tagged next year. He’s not getting the contract he’s after along with the compensation the skins will want.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like the idiot will be playing for the skins this year. Bruce and TW screwed this up, and maybe he even gets tagged next year. He’s not getting the contract he’s after along with the compensation the skins will want.

We were not that smart today. I am sure Smith and RR are frustrated and I hope they are. Hopefully they slow the clown car thats going over the cliff.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were not that smart today. I am sure Smith and RR are frustrated and I hope they are. Hopefully they slow the clown car thats going over the cliff.

I have no problem how it went today, other than the trade value the niners and cards received. I’m jealous

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just know that I have to chime in once in awhile my friend when you ask important questions, which you always do.

1 - Both
2 - ?

The reason for the ? for #2 is that we continue to have a miserable offensive line at the moment and please ask me question #2 again before our next regular season game and I promise I will try to give you a better answer.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just know that I have to chime in once in awhile my friend when you ask important questions, which you always do.

1 - Both
2 - ?

The reason for the ? for #2 is that we continue to have a miserable offensive line at the moment and please ask me question #2 again before our next regular season game and I promise I will try to give you a better answer.

Thanks and I promise to ask that question again!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense it was 90% coaching . offense 75% coaching