• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins granting TW trade request

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what we get but this confirms we need a LT now. I cannot imagine him coming back now and we are not going to pay him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hope its a 2nd. Maybe the Raiders are dumb enough to give us there 2nd 1st round pick. lol

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets hope its a 2nd. Maybe the Raiders are dumb enough to give us there 2nd 1st round pick. lol

No one is going to pay him what he wants. Maybe he’ll not ask for that much from another team?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is going to pay him what he wants. Maybe he’ll not ask for that much from another team?

I think the bridge was burned by the last front office. It appears Rivera tried but understood it was no use.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it goes much further and TW will be finding out the ugly truth.

The truth is he has lost a step and that was before he became a proven quitter. From there, he held out an entire season and has been found a liar. It was the medical staff right? Well, not if you pay me even more. I know I have two more years on my current contract, but I want even more. I know you guaranteed me over 40 million, but I want even more.

He will go look into FA and find nobody wants him at his demands, and that is without giving up picks.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say it goes much further and TW will be finding out the ugly truth.

The truth is he has lost a step and that was before he became a proven quitter. From there, he held out an entire season and has been found a liar. It was the medical staff right? Well, not if you pay me even more. I know I have two more years on my current contract, but I want even more. I know you guaranteed me over 40 million, but I want even more.

He will go look into FA and find nobody wants him at his demands, and that is without giving up picks.

What do you think we get for him?
What options do have have at LT now?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you haven't seen his work outs. A team will pay bet that. A 2nd rounder will do it. Free's up cap space but creates a hole none the less. Perhaps that 2nd rounder fetches a starting LT? :noidea:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you haven't seen his work outs. A team will pay bet that. A 2nd rounder will do it. Free's up cap space but creates a hole none the less. Perhaps that 2nd rounder fetches a starting LT? :noidea:

I don’t see any team giving a 2nd rdr and paying 20#/yr for a lying quitter on the backside of his career.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see any team giving a 2nd rdr and paying 20#/yr for a lying quitter on the backside of his career.
The teams willing to pay (Browns, Raiders, Patriots, 49'ers) to name a few, don't care what happened here in DC. A 3 yr extension (which he has in him) at 13M per all guaranteed. TW's get paid, fair deal to suitor and we demand 2nd rounder. It is plausible. Let's see how this works out.
Also keep in mind, while Trent wants money, he also wants out of DC. A reduced rate all guaranteed certainly will have him moving on.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The teams willing to pay (Browns, Raiders, Patriots, 49'ers) to name a few, don't care what happened here in DC. A 3 yr extension (which he has in him) at 13M per all guaranteed. TW's get paid, fair deal to suitor and we demand 2nd rounder. It is plausible. Let's see how this works out.
Also keep in mind, while Trent wants money, he also wants out of DC. A reduced rate all guaranteed certainly will have him moving on.

CLE makes the most sense. Mayfield was sacked an absurd amount of times. They also have two 3rd round picks. I would ask for a 2nd but we are probably looking at a 3rd rounder.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully it does

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it does
Any clue what we do know for LT? The only FA I can think of is Hala Vaitai:

Halapoulivaati Vaitai - Philadelphia Eagles - NFL

I do not feel comfortable waiting until the 3rd round to address LT but I do not think FA holds the answer either. Maybe a trade?

Here is an article about landng spots:

Trent Williams top landing spots: Five teams that could trade for Redskins' Pro Bowl offensive tackle

I know nobody wants to here this but this is why I feel we need to trade back. A LT is more important than DE.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Trent Williams has confirmed he is seeking a trade from the Redskins.
    "I'm just happy this situation seems to be heading towards an end," Williams texted ESPN's John Keim. Williams' agent has also acknowledged the request while thanking owner Daniel Snyder for letting Williams pursue it. He also said it is not about a new deal but a "change of scenery." This could move rapidly. Williams should have a new home before the start of the new league year on March 18.

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter
    Mar 5, 2020, 7:19 PM ET

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Trent Williams has confirmed he is seeking a trade from the Redskins.
    "I'm just happy this situation seems to be heading towards an end," Williams texted ESPN's John Keim. Williams' agent has also acknowledged the request while thanking owner Daniel Snyder for letting Williams pursue it. He also said it is not about a new deal but a "change of scenery." This could move rapidly. Williams should have a new home before the start of the new league year on March 18.

SOURCE: John Keim on Twitter
    Mar 5, 2020, 7:19 PM ET

Well, if this is true, we can put to bed all talk of zero trades happening until after the draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLE makes the most sense. Mayfield was sacked an absurd amount of times. They also have two 3rd round picks. I would ask for a 2nd but we are probably looking at a 3rd rounder.

If Cle has two 3rds then they be foolish not to give up one of them for Trent. Maybe we get the Pats 2nd protection for Brady.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think we get for him?
What options do have have at LT now?

I think we get a third and a conditional pick but it will be for his current contract, or an extension where he doesn’t actually make close to the 20 mil per he wants.

You don’t worry about options in this decision. The obvious answer is Geron Christian or another year with a Penn like player.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent Williams T, Washington Redskins

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns will "explore" a trade for Redskins LT Trent Williams.
The same is true of impending free agent Jason Peters. The Browns have a massive need at left tackle, and new OL coach Bill Callahan had the same role in Washington from 2015-19. It remains to be seen how aggressive the Browns' new front office will be after the brief, reckless John Dorsey era, but they are certainly hoping to be competitive in 2020. Williams currently has just one year and $12.5 million left on his deal. He has said his trade pursuit is more about a change of scenery than new contract, though the latter still figures to be necessary.

Related:
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Mar 5, 2020, 8:36 PM ET

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trent Williams T, Washington Redskins

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports the Browns will "explore" a trade for Redskins LT Trent Williams.
The same is true of impending free agent Jason Peters. The Browns have a massive need at left tackle, and new OL coach Bill Callahan had the same role in Washington from 2015-19. It remains to be seen how aggressive the Browns' new front office will be after the brief, reckless John Dorsey era, but they are certainly hoping to be competitive in 2020. Williams currently has just one year and $12.5 million left on his deal. He has said his trade pursuit is more about a change of scenery than new contract, though the latter still figures to be necessary.

Related:
Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Mar 5, 2020, 8:36 PM ET

Cleveland has the 41st pick in the second round. If they really want him that's the cost. We still have leverage, Trent's still under contract and could be forced to sit another year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The. Browns have the 10 th overall pick in the draft and LT will be on their shopping list .

I dont see a trader happening till after the draft