• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins granting TW trade request

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent and his agent have obviously failed to find a taker. At this point, just take a 4th rounder from anyone to make him go away. As teams get closer to their cap, it's just going to get harder to trade him. I guess there is that 2nd round of free agency, but I don't see that helping for a contract as big as his.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent and his agent have obviously failed to find a taker. At this point, just take a 4th rounder from anyone to make him go away. As teams get closer to their cap, it's just going to get harder to trade him. I guess there is that 2nd round of free agency, but I don't see that helping for a contract as big as his.

I think we need to take that Jets 3rd rounder and be glad we got it. TW sabotaged this thing himself. Why in the world would you:

1. Demand a trade
2. Tell all teams you are demanding 20 million a year

If he truly wants out, which I believe, why not get traded and then as soon as you get off the plan to your new team...then tell them you want 20 million? He must not really want out of here if that is really the case or he is willing to sit out again. I am not sure what the dude is thinking.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope. Tell him he is under contract here. Either play or don’t get paid and return signing bonuses.

RedskinzDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts are if we can't get at least a 3rd and a player, he plays here or sits out another year. The thought of him playing one year is worth more than a 4th. I don't see him willing to sit another year and get paid nothing, he would be worth even less next year.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem with that solution is he is taking up a lot of cap space.

I’m thinking he doesnt care if he plays ever again: he already sat out a year, he isnt going to play for the Redskins, and he’s making unrealistic trade demands.

Clearly, its him. People want 42-year -old Brady, no problem.

Nobody is paying him $20 million a year.

The redskins have done their part.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Tell him he is under contract here. Either play or don’t get paid and return signing bonuses.

also tell his fat ass we just might even tag him next season

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also tell his fat ass we just might even tag him next season
That will never happen however, he will NOT play next year with his current demands. His talent is every bit as valuable as a late 2nd rounder and the Skins should consider accepting a 3rd and a player if it comes to that. Any other low ball offers can stay on the table and Trent can sit next year as well with no pay if he refuses to play.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, there's a lot of TW hating going on here!

The one true pro-bowl level player that this club has over his tenure here deserves this? Why?
Ok, he had a medical issue, wanted a pay raise and found himself tired of working in Dysfunction Junction ( all three of these can be simultaneously true) If you were able to put yourself in his position, would you honestly not do the same thing?

His moves hurt the team, I get that, but why so much anger towards him for doing what he believes proper for himself outside of your perspective? Right or wrong he's done what has been done, nothing personal, it's the NFL. Liking it or not, doesn't really factor into any of this, because, at the end of the day, it's all business. Where is the hate (or love) for that?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one true pro-bowl level player that this club has over his tenure here deserves this? Why?
Ok, he had a medical issue, wanted a pay raise and found himself tired of working in Dysfunction Junction ( all three of these can be simultaneously true) If you were able to put yourself in his position, would you honestly not do the same thing?

His moves hurt the team, I get that, but why so much anger towards him for doing what he believes proper for himself outside of your perspective? Right or wrong he's done what has been done, nothing personal, it's the NFL. Liking it or not, doesn't really factor into any of this, because, at the end of the day, it's all business. Where is the hate (or love) for that?

The hate comes from the fact we are fans of the team. His behavior hurt the team, and we don’t care about his wants and desires. If we thought he was correct in his behavior, then we may have some compassion for him.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t hate the guy but he certainly didn’t help his standing with the fans . Don’t say it’s not about money ,but claim it’s medical , then come back and want more money . The perception is he wasn’t truly up front with his intent

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate comes from the fact we are fans of the team. His behavior hurt the team, and we don’t care about his wants and desires. If we thought he was correct in his behavior, then we may have some compassion for him.

Sounds as if there's something personal about all of that, mixed with a bit of hypocrisy. So rather than charging that without basis, I'll ask...

Is it fair to say that people care about players only when they provide a service for their team?
Does it matter that these people are people who have their own to worry about?
If the answer to one or both of these questions is "yes" what does that say about people who agree, worse if it's personal, as you suggest, why the hate for Bruce Allen specifically in the way he handled this? ( Allen didn't take a business approach either)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds as if there's something personal about all of that, mixed with a bit of hypocrisy. So rather than charging that without basis, I'll ask...

Is it fair to say that people care about players only when they provide a service for their team?
Does it matter that these people are people who have their own to worry about?
If the answer to one or both of these questions is "yes" what does that say about people who agree, worse if it's personal, as you suggest, why the hate for Bruce Allen specifically in the way he handled this? ( Allen didn't take a business approach either)

1- Fair isn’t the issue. You can like whomever you want. This is a Redskins message board, not a TW board.

2- You can’t claim to be worried about health but be willing to play for more money. You can’t be truly worried about money when you have multi-millions already.

3- Allen sucks ass. Just because he was wrong, doesn’t make TW correct.

It isn’t personal for me...he simply screwed his team. As for hypocrisy, you will have to show me where.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t hate the guy but he certainly didn’t help his standing with the fans . Don’t say it’s not about money ,but claim it’s medical , then come back and want more money . The perception is he wasn’t truly up front with his intent

Again, all three of those things could have been true simultaneously, correct? The perception was spawned by a front office too stubborn or so caught up in their feelings that they were unable to make a solid business decision.

Sitting down and talking to Williams is one thing, not knowing what to do as a result of those conversations is something else. His intent was irrelevant in any space. His job description was to remain silent and do the job. (Dumb assed fans like that) Once broken, decisions on his future here was out of his hands. Fans simply can't have it both ways. They either want him to shut up and play, or go public and offer them something that they are perceptually comfortable with.

Do you honestly believe that anyone in the game actually gives a flat damn about their standing with "fans" beyond the revenue they bring in? It's certainly true that fans don't give a shit about them unless their team benefits from their silent efforts, correct?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- Fair isn’t the issue. You can like whomever you want. This is a Redskins message board, not a TW board.

2- You can’t claim to be worried about health but be willing to play for more money. You can’t be truly worried about money when you have multi-millions already.

3- Allen sucks ass. Just because he was wrong, doesn’t make TW correct.

It isn’t personal for me...he simply screwed his team. As for hypocrisy, you will have to show me where.

1. I agree "fair" isn't the issue, because some folks can't see a reflection in a mirror. People can "like" whomever they choose, all I'm asking is a concession that "like" in this instance has some very unique strings attached to it.

2. Why can't you? I'm not sure of your age but don't you do that very thing daily? (Your health is one thing, making more money another) Both are tied to the work that you do, correct? Btw: the 3rd thing was not wanting to work here any longer. Three things can be true at the same time.

3. This truly isn't a conversation about Allen or Williams.

Hypocrisy is evident, people who want to see it, will, those who don't won't. Good to know that it isn't personal for you!
He didn't screw the team (see:personal/ perception) the organization screwed its fans.

There's proof in almost every case of a player choosing to break their silence, stand up for something, and ultimately getting cut or traded. Pretty routine stuff in most NFL organizations, right?

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I agree "fair" isn't the issue, because some folks can't see a reflection in a mirror. People can "like" whomever they choose, all I'm asking is a concession that "like" in this instance has some very unique strings attached to it.

2. Why can't you? I'm not sure of your age but don't you do that very thing daily? (Your health is one thing, making more money another) Both are tied to the work that you do, correct? Btw: the 3rd thing was not wanting to work here any longer. Three things can be true at the same time.

3. This truly isn't a conversation about Allen or Williams.

Hypocrisy is evident, people who want to see it, will, those who don't won't. Good to know that it isn't personal for you!
He didn't screw the team (see:personal/ perception) the organization screwed its fans.

There's proof in almost every case of a player choosing to break their silence, stand up for something, and ultimately getting cut or traded. Pretty routine stuff in most NFL organizations, right?

1- what are the unique strings?

2- he claimed it was health related. Then he said he would come back for more money. True motive revealed.

He absolutely screwed the team. He was under contract to work as a key member of this team. He didn’t show up.

If he had stuck with his original statement, fine. He changed his tune and made it about money.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, all three of those things could have been true simultaneously, correct? The perception was spawned by a front office too stubborn or so caught up in their feelings that they were unable to make a solid business decision.

Sitting down and talking to Williams is one thing, not knowing what to do as a result of those conversations is something else. His intent was irrelevant in any space. His job description was to remain silent and do the job. (Dumb assed fans like that) Once broken, decisions on his future here was out of his hands. Fans simply can't have it both ways. They either want him to shut up and play, or go public and offer them something that they are perceptually comfortable with.

Do you honestly believe that anyone in the game actually gives a flat damn about their standing with "fans" beyond the revenue they bring in? It's certainly true that fans don't give a shit about them unless their team benefits from their silent efforts, correct?
Whether the player gives a damn about fans isn’t the question . The question was why was their so much hate

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- what are the unique strings?

2- he claimed it was health related. Then he said he would come back for more money. True motive revealed.

He absolutely screwed the team. He was under contract to work as a key member of this team. He didn’t show up.

If he had stuck with his original statement, fine. He changed his tune and made it about money.

1. It's entertainment... sports entertainment specifically. People like them until they don't. Reasons are specific to this venue. Ex: Trent Williams playing/contributing =like him. Not playing = Don't like him. Every person who self examines, asks and answers why they internalize and react as they do to this sport. Smart/ able ones self correct.

2. There's a timeline to consider. The one often touted presumes health issue >>>demand for more money>>>holdout>>>trade demands.

So let me ask, what if that timeline began and ended with a pay me or trade me position, with everything else mixed in?Better, why does anyone care? This leads to ...

Screwing the team!

Doesn't that stance presume facts not in evidence? For example:

1. They finish markedly better than they did had he played.

2. That he would have played the entire season or any part of it because he was healthy from beginning to end.

3. Gruden and Allen being still on board would have been a "good" thing resulting from all of this improvement.

4. The games were all called off and that the show didn't still go on.

5. Having the 2nd pick instead of their usual mid pack selection isn't a good thing.

6. That he still doesn't have value to this organization. Further, I would say that he's done something for them that they refused/ couldn't see for themselves. Still can't.

7. The team/organization had no options in the moment. Didn't they refuse to use any of them and improve the team?

I'll stop here, there are just too many to list.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether the player gives a damn about fans isn’t the question . The question was why was their so much hate

Agreed, it was my original question!
I was responding to the change of subject.